My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

sidisis77

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I stumbled over this page some days ago and today I fixed modpack. The only thing I can say is that this is by far the best modpack I have ever played with. Btw KirinDave your Minecraft vids are awesome!

Reactions: KirinDave

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed my average view duration is actually pretty low. I wonder what that means. Since my videos run long for let's plays and the view statistic kicks in even for small segments of time, I suspect that the "average" data is super wrong compared to the "median" data. Still, it makes me ask, "Are people just watching 5 minutes and then leaving my page? Are my videos boring but my viewership makes a point to stop by anyways?" I dunno what to make of it, and I don't have any context for why.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed my average view duration is actually pretty low. I wonder what that means. Since my videos run long for let's plays and the view statistic kicks in even for small segments of time, I suspect that the "average" data is super wrong compared to the "median" data. Still, it makes me ask, "Are people just watching 5 minutes and then leaving my page? Are my videos boring but my viewership makes a point to stop by anyways?" I dunno what to make of it, and I don't have any context for why.

No...Your videos aren't boring, I like'em a lot and I watch them all the way to the end...

Reactions: Pokefenn

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019

Your video's are really good, i have missed the last few, but they are as i said REALLY good.
I dont know why people leave.

Reactions: dgdas9

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
One thing is that it can be hard to find a full free hour for a lot of people, perhaps separate the vids into 2 sections if they last roughly an hour?
Just a suggestion, even if they are uploaded at the same time.

Reactions: dgdas9

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
One thing is that it can be hard to find a full free hour for a lot of people, perhaps separate the vids into 2 sections if they last roughly an hour?
Just a suggestion, even if they are uploaded at the same time.

Yeah I am not saying my stuff isn't too long. Or that I am mad. Maybe the numbers genuinely suggest that I need to shorten my content, or maybe it's just fine.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Nononono.

Your content level is perfect I literally mean separating one episode into 2 videos, so I can take a half hour, watch one, do some RL stuff, then watch the other half.
I personally only watch YouTube late at night, when I do have all night to sit and watch vids, it was just something my friend mentioned because he has a life outside a screen he just did.

For example, (I don't watch his other series) in sips skyrim, he sits and records a session of like 4 hours, which gets edited down to 2-4 vids of 30 mins, often with a simple fade-out separating the different parts of the vid, and the introduction being applied at the start of a new session.
That's all I meant, even if they are uploaded at the same time, or split for you to be able to upload a half hour vid 4 times a week, instead of an hour long one twice a week.

Perhaps mention updates etc?
A lot of things can be better explained in a video rather than a message on G+, and some people just find it plain awkward to use compared to YouTube. So things like a poll on opinions on ars Etc/explaining the while fact that he is completely ignoring you deal.

What about Thaumcraft btw? And twilight forest? Both of them are rather restrictive, I would know...
Fluttershy PonyKuu is aidens friend AFAIK so Mekanism perms can be gotten, in addition to that helping the chance if the rest of UE, as Aiden would have a lot of influence with Cal I'm guessing...
Anything else really troublesome?

Generally, I think that perhaps seems like a lot of people are attracted to the prospect of the modpack, particularly from the amount of publicity it has gotten here, and are mainly watching your vids for hope of more info on the pack.
And/Or they want to see the "celebraties" of these forums (Lambert, Liara (popular) Euius (knows everything) you (helpful) etc) I know that Lamberts LP attracted me more to find out what Lambert sounded like/how he played in comparison to his forum persona, for example.

Or they hope you will give us a live feed of your beard.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Generally, I think that perhaps seems like a lot of people are attracted to the prospect of the modpack, particularly from the amount of publicity it has gotten here, and are mainly watching your vids for hope of more info on the pack.
And/Or they want to see the "celebraties" of these forums (Lambert, Liara (popular) Euius (knows everything) you (helpful) etc) I know that Lamberts LP attracted me more to find out what Lambert sounded like/how he played in comparison to his forum persona, for example.

:'c

I was before a lot of people..
:'c

Reactions: Pokefenn

InfamousAsHell

Jul 29, 2019
KirinDave, you are doing a great job here making a fantastic modpack, maintaining it and making great youtube vids. I am currently in the process of making resonant rise in Multimc and it isn't going well. I may send some crash reports to you... Anyways I am looking forward to your next episode. Also it's my first post here so hi everyone.