My Little "Picture-Through"

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Hallo. This thread will just be a quiet "picture-through" of my adventures in a world. I am using Direwolf 1.6.4, but I have modified this pack to suit my needs and purposes.

-Removed Mods
Ars Magica 2
BiblioCraft
Factorization
Gravity Gun
MFFS
Opis
qCraft
Steve's Carts
Switches Mod
Twilight Forest
bspkrs Core
WorldStateCheckpoints

-Added/Enabled Mods
BigReactors
Zan's (Voxel) Minimap
RotaryCraft
VeinMiner
ATG (Alternate Terrain Generation)
JABBA Barrels

I also dramatically supercharged ore generation. By a large amount. :)

These are just some of my starting pictures etc.
HKk6jUu.png

So far, so good. Norwegian Flag FTW!

tSZz977.png

I made myself a starting cave. Conveniently located next to a Ravine, and a ProjectRed Marble deposit.

JrX7Bi4.png

A view in my ravine. I did supercharge ore gen a little bit. VeinMiner helps a lot when clearing veins. Best mod ever made IMO.

If these images go broke (first time posting images), go here.
http://imgur.com/a/tK7ln#0

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasa

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick update so far.

wAFAZWh.png

I am starting to make a Thermal Expansion processing array. There will be a Pulverizer, Redstone Furnace, Steam Dynamo, etc etc. when I'm done. Also unlocked bat morph!

Ovt3sXI.png

Finished. This will serve to process the stack loads of ore I have. Oddly enough, I only have 10 gold ore. Oh well, more of a challenge for me :p

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome. Though I'm wondering why you removed Bibliocraft.
I personally never use it to be honest ( I dunno why, it's a great mod in my honest opinion :) ). As it adds no worldgen, I may add it in later if I want to. ( I'm not into aesthetics much)

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Quick update.

JhmH1b0.png

I'm rich. And I can only become richer :)
Unfortunately, not much redstone though. :p

KHB3FBv.png

I took the cheap way out for RotaryCraft power, however, I have no idea what to do with it now :D.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Take it down to near bed rock and plug it into a boring machine. That'll solve the problem.
Hmm, I will have to do that sometime :)
Still learning how torque and speed works. Man, now I see why conventional power is liked. But still, a challenge is a challenge, and I will have to battle it!

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Just another update. Kind of busy IRL :p

1RftKaU.png

It's time for me to pack up and head to another area. I'm going to use most of my gold on Golden Bags of Holding, and take myself to somewhere else.

ZndE4kf.png

SquidVentures Episode 15!
Into the Deep Unknown!

kk5p5Vt.png

Ah. This seems like a very good spot, I will get to building a house later.

(AS OF NOW - I have built houses and dismantled them both times. Might be a while before I get a permanent settlement going :p , there is also a village nearby.)

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the wait. Finally made some progress.

4ipeEVZ.png

This is highly inconvenient.

Tzme3V8.png

I'm making a Dire-style house. Going to make a room for all my power, AE stuff/Logistics when I get it, etc etc.

nGfvXPQ.png

YGSdXye.png

I now see why you all love microblocks. Forge Microblocs 4EVER!

As we speak, I am preparing to make a MFR treefarm. Hopefully it makes more energy than it'll take in! (I'm trying to go for something more creative than nether lava).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking at the list of mods you removed/added and saw you removed Ars Magicka 2 and was taken aback... when I saw you had removed Bibliocraft! All things considered, I may end up removing AM2 myself(and I'm pretty much the AM2 Fanboi here) in my pack. I mean, it's awesome and all, but unless you want to be a Ars Magicka mage, it's kind of unfriendly. The mobs I mean, they are evil. One is harmless(ish) unless you are a mage, and if you are, it's more of a "Whelp, there goes all my Mana" and used to be the heart-attack inducing nightmare beast that creepers were, except it sounded like a thousand creepers just snuck up on you. One is bad because it eats your mana, just it's worse because that heals it, and it's tough against pretty much everything(except a secret attack that was so secret, only a Villager couldn't figure it out), and one is a flying mob(sorta) that is basically an assassin; hits like a truck, turns INVISIBLE when it's preparing to kill, and goes down with a few barehanded punches. Also it hates Villagers for some odd reason.

That being said, looks cool.

(also MFR Treefarms aren't the beast that they are often made out to be, unless you compare them to Forestry without a bit of tree breeding, which is so easy, you don't even need BEES. The lack of MFFS makes it harder, though(the breeding trees without bees thing, I mean. I'm using MFFS for pretty much that alone))

Reactions: PhantomRage

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Well, since he's still got Tinkers, he can make a 'Tinker's Box' and do it that way. I used MFFS to clear the water out of my under water base. It was surprisingly easy.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019

I personally removed Ars Magica 2, because I'm not a very "hardcore" magic fan. The spells look very nice, but it just isn't my cup of tea. But, its a very well made mod though :)

Well, since he's still got Tinkers, he can make a 'Tinker's Box' and do it that way. I used MFFS to clear the water out of my under water base. It was surprisingly easy.

Time to figure out what that thing is!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Tinker Box strip/kill everything you don't tell it not to in a large glass dome? If so, holy crap, do want! If not, you may not understand how Bee Free Tree Breeding works(and it's pitfalls).

In short, it relies on the fact that Forestry Trees "occasionally" spawn Butterflies(and their ilk) which can do the same sort of things Bees do, but in a much less Bee related way. Also less controllable, as they lil' bastards actually carry Pollen themselves, and after a while, you'll be wishing you had MFFS just to kill them all and get some trees that are useful again(and get rid of very old pollen, and cut down on the thousands of butterflies you may or may not have in a glass box).

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick update. Finally completed mah treefarm.

BIt4GQb.png

An outside view of what the MFR treefarm is.

ibJcLah.png

My wood to charcoal furnace. The chest in the back is where the logs pile up. The planter is whitelisted to only accept saplings, and the chest is blacklisted not to accept saplings (for now).

HBSKJoz.png

Reverse view of the above picture.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
I added a sewage system to my treefarm. Much faster now :D

Kqniapi.png

Follow me, for you will be my poop slaves!

Nx0KVLc.png

Dat cow. o_O

gbpdxiB.png

Adding a composter to turn sewage into fertilizer.

TpYhSAj.png

Thank you so much KingTriaxx! Boring machine is helluva epic!

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
A good sized update.

j6SHwhu.png

I decided to make a smeltery. Will make tools later, I'm currently aiming for them Redstone Flux tools.

yd3K1Om.png

AHAHAHAHA 2.097 MEGAWATTS OF POWAH SUCKAHZ!

5gRmJGC.png

Lesson learned. When you run too much torque through a shaft that can't handle it, it dies :(

4p3usXP.png

My general nether starting area. I made the nether portal from a mold (not mining obsidian .-.). I'm thinking about utilizing the lava for obsidian production, seeming that hardened glass is relatively time-consumingly expensive.

0nfRLDu.png

I will now start to make an AE system. So long, strongboxes! You have done me well :)

My next plans are to get obsidian production, and add more Steam Engines to my array (producing more charcoal than consuming! :D )

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I typically use the Tinker Box in conjunction with MFFS, since it takes no energy to keep going, and once I'm finished, I can pour a lot of power into the MFFS system for a couple seconds and kill them all in one blow.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
A good sized update.

j6SHwhu.png

I decided to make a smeltery. Will make tools later, I'm currently aiming for them Redstone Flux tools.

yd3K1Om.png

AHAHAHAHA 2.097 MEGAWATTS OF POWAH SUCKAHZ!

5gRmJGC.png

Lesson learned. When you run too much torque through a shaft that can't handle it, it dies :(

4p3usXP.png

My general nether starting area. I made the nether portal from a mold (not mining obsidian .-.). I'm thinking about utilizing the lava for obsidian production, seeming that hardened glass is relatively time-consumingly expensive.

0nfRLDu.png

I will now start to make an AE system. So long, strongboxes! You have done me well :)

My next plans are to get obsidian production, and add more Steam Engines to my array (producing more charcoal than consuming! :D )
Very interesting...
*strokes imaginary beard*
I will be watchin this thread!:D

Reactions: PhantomRage