My Applied Energistics external crafting is not working?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like thermal expansion machines, cancel your craft.

Run the ore manually to see if pulverised gold comes out. Adjust your recipe if it does.

Make sure the machine has blue input on the interface. Don't recall if you used import buses if so set te machines to colorless on that side.

Use imgur or other screenshot site for this in the future...

coolcsl10

Jul 29, 2019
Looks live thermal expansion machines, cancel your craft.

Run the ore manually to see if pulverised gold comes out. Adjust your recipe if it does.

Make sure the machine has blue input on the interface. Don't recall if you used import buses if so set te machines to colorless on that side.

Use imgur or other screenshot site for this in the future...
I was going too use imgur, but I thought that I could get you guys a better look then just some picks where you can't really see everything.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I got 3/4 of the way through your video, but I think I see the problem (way to go not just showing the actual setup). In order to use the TE machines for auto processing it should be setup like so.

One interface with the encoded pattern on one side of the machine. This side should be configured in TE to go to the input slots. A 2nd interface on a different side of the machine, this side should be configured in TE to be the output slots.

You NEED two interfaces for it to work properly. Alternatively (you shouldn't do this) you can use a import bus instead of a 2nd interface, and instead of configuring the side to be an output instead configure it to be colorless.

Note that you can stack the 2nd interface, it is only being used to get the output back into the network, so you can arrange multiple TE machines to feed back into the same interface.

EDIT: the key idea here is the the input interface is stupid. It just shoves whatever you are saying is the ingredient into whatever inventory is next to the interface. From there it is your job to make sure the output gets back into the network somehow.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
At 0:44 you see the pulveriser GUI you have the ME interface on top of the pulveriser and the top of the pulveriser GUI is set to yellow which is an output.

All you need to do is set the top of the pulveriser to blue.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
An error occurred, please try again later.
I love youtube. Finally saw it, but it seems everyone else has answered.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
Do import bus' not work on TE stuff? I cannot, for the life of me, get things out of my powered furnace?

Otherwise here is a simple system that seems to work.
i3kRFyS.png

With the pulveriser feeding into the furnace which goes into the chest cause the dumb arse import bus wont pull out of the furnace. The Crafting thingy on the interface is 1 ore = 2 ignots.... forget the second interface, unless you want dust sitting around.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Do import bus' not work on TE stuff? I cannot, for the life of me, get things out of my powered furnace?

Otherwise here is a simple system that seems to work.
i3kRFyS.png

With the pulveriser feeding into the furnace which goes into the chest cause the dumb arse import bus wont pull out of the furnace. The Crafting thingy on the interface is 1 ore = 2 ignots.... forget the second interface, unless you want dust sitting around.

Set the side you have the import bus on to colorless like you would for redpower 2 tubes.

or in your setup there just use a buildcraft pipe and set the output to the top. When items from the pipe enter the interface they will be added to the AE network.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
For TE machines, I typically use the above method, I double up on machines to chests (i.e. 2 machines output to 1 chest, with an import bus attached). This seems to do things reasonably, and I now have all my TE stuff automated (crafting of conduits, cells, machines, etc.). For processing, I generally use IC2, as I can use a single machine and scale the speed according to need.