Murder at Monocon Game Thread!

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
i got it from cheese who supposedly got it from vikestep.... He took teh chance to drop it on me and see what i'd do with it....

he supposedly modfied it and asked me to drop it into main chat...i was confused as first by his instructions... i tossed it to you eariler to try and get you to trust me... cheese changed his mind later on... felt very tense...

everyone kept trying to kill vike...

not sure how pyrue died..

i thought ljfa was the wasp..

this was fun for me first time as a wolf.. it's obvious staying quiet has advantages and disadvantages

don't leave me alone again...:(

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
i got it from cheese who supposedly got it from vikestep.... He took teh chance to drop it on me and see what i'd do with it....

he supposedly modfied it and asked me to drop it into main chat...i was confused as first by his instructions... i tossed it to you eariler to try and get you to trust me... cheese changed his mind later on... felt very tense...

everyone kept trying to kill vike...

not sure how pyrue died..

i thought ljfa was the wasp..

this was fun for me first time as a wolf.. it's obvious staying quiet has advantages and disadvantages

don't leave me alone again...:(
I was secondary kill I believe. Vike was primary target, but wolves got fallback kills in this game.

I thought ljfa was the wasp for a while too, until it was clarified that the wasp poison target didn't work.

Killing vike is always a good move because he's a good player.

Reactions: VictiniX888

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
neat thing goreae didn't point out: There was a scenario where everyone (except dead crost) could win, if fowltief could arrange to get killed and kill the last villager on the same night.

I couldn't think of a scenario where wolves would win but not villagers. If fowltief died to secure the wolf victory, it would trigger a villager victory too.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Just to clarify, the win condition for wolves requires that the moonmoon dies, and they never met their full win condition, (and they technically still can), so the game should have continued.

Remind me, what list? There's a possibility he simply misdirected you.
To be clear, the wolves' win condition is to be equal or greater than the village. When they reach that point, it's game over. If the moon-moon is still alive at the end, then they still lose. The moon moon death isn't a win condition, his existence invalidates any victory on the wolves' end. With your logic, the wolves could kill everyone so there's only wolves alive then lynch the moon-moon, since the game wouldn't end until he's dead. which sort of defeats the point.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
To be clear, the wolves' win condition is to be equal or greater than the village. When they reach that point, it's game over. If the moon-moon is still alive at the end, then they still lose. The moon moon death isn't a win condition, his existence invalidates any victory on the wolves' end. With your logic, the wolves could kill everyone so there's only wolves alive then lynch the moon-moon, since the game wouldn't end until he's dead. which sort of defeats the point.
Yes I know you see it that way. I interpret it differently. Moon-moon needs to be dead for the wolves to win. The wolves need to win for that win condition to be met. A win condition needs to be met for the the game to end.

And I'm pyure so I'm right :) Yay!

Don't feel bad, you still did an excellent job. Great game.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, in case you feel some need to argue about it:

"Team Werewolf: Wins by outnumbering or equaling the chap..."
"Moon-moon: Must be dead for the wolf team to win"

Note the wording is identical. Either both are a win condition or neither are. You can't have it both ways.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Also, in case you feel some need to argue about it:

"Team Werewolf: Wins by outnumbering or equaling the chap..."
"Moon-moon: Must be dead for the wolf team to win"

Note the wording is identical. Either both are a win condition or neither are. You can't have it both ways.
Even still, if it is interpreted that way, then there's no point in having the moon moon because the wolves will just kill him the day after outnumbering the village and win anyways, making him entirely pointless.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, Vike was a target for us as well since we found out that he is the Investigator

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Good game guys, although you wolfy types managed to nullify my win condition on night 1... <_<

I'm not even bitter anymore. It was nice having a break from Werewolf.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Lol OK so I was like, jus must be the moon moon, he openly defended someone who had clearly been investigated by the investigator, and when I contacted him saying he was a wolf but I wouldn't tell anyone, he seemed much more interested in why I wouldn't tell anyone than why he was a wolf. Turns out that I got tricked by fowl. Wow. Whatever, I won anyway XD.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Even still, if it is interpreted that way, then there's no point in having the moon moon because the wolves will just kill him the day after outnumbering the village and win anyways, making him entirely pointless.
1) except, they couldn't, they were all dead :p
2) and yeah, that's the point, he's a liability. It helps offset the fact that even though we blocked wolves 14 thousand times from their nightkill they got a nightkill anyway. (Note that even though the wolves got absolutely butchered they still managed to tie the village by the end because moon-moon was a liability)

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
This was probably one of my worst games. Haha. I've never spewed info like that before. I'll take the blame for the town for this one. If I was sensible and played properly I probably could've helped a bit more.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
1) except, they couldn't, they were all dead :p
2) and yeah, that's the point, he's a liability. It helps offset the fact that even though we blocked wolves 14 thousand times from their nightkill they got a nightkill anyway. (Note that even though the wolves got absolutely butchered they still managed to tie the village by the end because moon-moon was a liability)
Well yeah, I was more talking of a scenario where more than just one wolf is left alive. If say just two wolves are left alive at the end, the next day the moon moon can just abstain from voting and get smitten while the other wolf votes for moon moon and they win even though moon-moon was still alive when they slaughtered the village.

That's just with two alive. Image for a second the wolves annihilated the village. They survived until the very end without losing any members, and now it's just wolves left over. In an outcome like that, the moon-moon is just an entirely pointless role and is just lynched the next day and they win.

Also, I do realise you're probably just arguing to argue, which is fine by me. :p

Reactions: Pyure

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Lol OK so I was like, jus must be the moon moon, he openly defended someone who had clearly been investigated by the investigator, and when I contacted him saying he was a wolf but I wouldn't tell anyone, he seemed much more interested in why I wouldn't tell anyone than why he was a wolf. Turns out that I got tricked by fowl. Wow. Whatever, I won anyway XD.

Well if someone figures out someone is a wolf, surely they'd report it >.>