Multiple cross-dimensional tesseracts not working

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I feared that this was the case, I do plan to build one of these just for the lols (my extractor already has relieved me of any and all resource problems) =)
So please note that I did not say that there's nothing, only not much :p

Reactions: Padfoote

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I laugh and summon @Reika to help me inform this fine gentleman about rotarycraft bores
36, actually.
zfmyxR1.png

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm home and have acquired the requested screenshots:

Screenshot11.png
Screenshot10-1.png

And then I went ahead and tried this suggestion (with a hopper as a buffer) again and took a screenshot. v----v

Screenshot9.png

So does anyone have any ideas what is going on? It worked perfectly when I had a leadstone energy cell instead of the tesseract on the left. I replaced the energy cell with the tesseract, and got a dirt geyser. Now even the energy cell doesn't work.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The only thing I can think of is a possible redstone signal messing things up on the receiving side. All tesseracts are set to ignore redstone, correct?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Also you only need 1 tesseract on each side. One to recieve items/send power and one to send items and recieve power. Also quarries ONLY output out the top, so the hopper wouldnt work. Try a chest with an impulse itemduct pulling items out

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
They are all set to ignore redstone now. Still not working. Darnit, I had really hoped you were right, Padfoote.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if tesseracts reset like cells/tank when you harvest them with a pick, but it's something I'd try at this stage (ie harvest both sides and reconfigure).

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Darnit, I had really hoped you were right, Padfoote.

Probably not a good idea to hope I'm right at anything other than Blood Magic, that most likely means that something's broken. :p

In all seriousness, double check all tesseract frequencies, make sure they're all set to send / receive properly, and if that still doesn't work, try some Ender Chests to transport items. I am honestly at a loss here, everything looks like it should be working.
I don't know if tesseracts reset like cells/tank when you harvest them with a pick, but it's something I'd try at this stage (ie harvest both sides and reconfigure).

This is also an option for a reset, since a pick will reset the tesseract. Nice tip there. ;)

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
Also you only need 1 tesseract on each side. One to recieve items/send power and one to send items and recieve power. Also quarries ONLY output out the top, so the hopper wouldnt work. Try a chest with an impulse itemduct pulling items out

Yeah, I tried with only one tesseract on each side, which doesn't work either. That's why I went to two on each side. But obviously that hasn't done any better. Thankfully your impulse itemduct system DOES work, so if nothing else I can use that. Thanks for the suggestion on that one.

I tried resetting all 4 tesseracts with a pickaxe and re-configuring them (and making sure there was no redstone interference). Still no dice. Should I submit a bug report to someone somewhere? I've never done that before, and am not sure who I would send it to.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Does the quarry actually input into the hopper or any inventory? If not, I looks as if it's the quarry that's glitching. Have you tried to reset that?

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
The quarry appears to be working fine. I have set it up in several different ages with the same result. As soon as my computer stops being frozen, I will re-test it for good measure though.

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and I was wrong about the impulse itemduct system. The items were getting stuck in the itemduct. The tesseract was not accepting them. The ender chest setup works though!

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
If the Itemduct was not accepting the items, there was a good reason for it.

Please, I would love to hear your ideas as to why it working. It would be really useful to have.[DOUBLEPOST=1399484220][/DOUBLEPOST]Why it *isn't* working, I meant to say.

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
Both of those things have been checked over and over (and over and over and over....), along with trying many different attempts to reset ALL the things. Still no luck so far.