Multiple cross-dimensional tesseracts not working

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone! Hopefully this is the correct forum for this question.

I've created an ideal mining age with mystcraft, but am having a major problem getting a tesseract to transport items back to the overworld. First I set up a quarry, attached a tesseract to the top, set it to send items, then linked it to a tesseract in the overworld that was set to recieve items and pump them into a chest. Next I hooked up a leadstone energy cell to power the quarry. Everything worked perfectly. Items were being successfully sent across dimensions.

Then I swapped the leadstone energy cell for a second tesseract set to recieve energy (on a different frequency than the other one). The quarry started up again, but this time shooting items everywhere. The first tesseract (that WAS sussessfully sending items 2 minutes earlier and had not been touched since) no longer worked.

I am so very confused. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? I've even tried hoppering the items into a chest first, then into the tesseract, but then it would accept the items but not actually send them anywhere.

Please, any help or expertise on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If it's on a different frequency, it won't be connected to anything.

You can basically do everything you need with just the two tesseracts set to the same frequency.

Tess in your base:
Receive items, send power, block fluid

Tess at your quarry site:
Send items, receive power, block fluid.

Then either have itemducts/redstone conduits attached to different faces or bundled EnderIO cables coming out of the same face.

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
I Understand That Part, And They Are All Set To A Frequency. There Are Four Tesseracts Total; One Pair Dedicated To Sending And Recieving Items (Frequency 1), And One Pair Dedicated To Sending And Recieving Energy (Frequency 2).

Please Excuse The Weird Caps. My Phone Likes To Do That Automatically.

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
I'll Definitely Send Screenshots... As Soon As I Get Home In Four Hours. Sorry.

In The Meantime, The Basic SetUp Is:
Item-Sending Tesseract Directly On Top Of The Quarry.
Redstone Energy Conduit Attached To The Left Side Of The Quarry.
Energy-Recieving Tesseracct attached To The Left Side Of The Redstone Energy Conduit.

if I Leave That Setup Exactly As It I, But Replace The Energy-Recieving Tesseract With An Energy Cell... Voila! No More Item Geiser, And Everything Is Sent To The Overworld.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I'll Definitely Send Screenshots... As Soon As I Get Home In Four Hours. Sorry.

In The Meantime, The Basic SetUp Is:
Item-Sending Tesseract Directly On Top Of The Quarry.
Redstone Energy Conduit Attached To The Left Side Of The Quarry.
Energy-Recieving Tesseracct attached To The Left Side Of The Redstone Energy Conduit.

if I Leave That Setup Exactly As It I, But Replace The Energy-Recieving Tesseract With An Energy Cell... Voila! No More Item Geiser, And Everything Is Sent To The Overworld.
Quarries cannot output items into tesseracts/itemducts. I suggest a chest with an impulse itemduct pulling items into the tesseract

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
Um... I don't mean to argue, but the quarry WAS outputting items to a tesseract. My friend and I watched it. The same tesseract. In the same spot. Two minutes earlier.

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, Doubly Chunkloaded. Once By The Quarry's Auto Chunklaoder, And also Because We Had Players Standing Near Each One The Whole Time.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, very strange, never happened to me. But I have to admit with vanilla BC quarries I always used a buffer chest. I only use the direct tesseract approach since discovering QuarryPlus =)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Hmmm... Consider a buffer. Perhaps put down a hopper or chute, plugged into the Tesseract. It might be running too fast to get the items through the relatively small buffer.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... Consider a buffer. Perhaps put down a hopper or chute, plugged into the Tesseract. It might be running too fast to get the items through the relatively small buffer.
No, a tesseract with proper connection on the output side can keep up with a QuarryPlus.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there is much in modded Minecraft that spits out items faster than a QuarryPlus in full run =)
Tesseracts + ME Interface next to the receiving one is probably the only thing able to cope with the output.