MPS Support Thread

Korynkai

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to mention, most of the client-side sounds do work, but I'm still working on Musique (Numina's sound handler) and the jetpack sound was (I think?) the only one that played only once during each use and did not loop. However, when the flight control module is installed, the jetpack sound is constant when the jetpack is on.

There should be more progress made on this next release...

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Are the crash bugs fixed already?
There were several crashes when installing diamond plating on boots and some diffrent when installing modules on the leggings.

Xiupan

Jul 29, 2019
There are no recipes for the new stuff like Myofiber and Artificial Muscles. And I can't find these .recipe files anywhere on the Internet... Are they not craftable yet? How can we build these new modules without cheating those items in then? :/

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
There are no recipes for the new stuff like Myofiber and Artificial Muscles. And I can't find these .recipe files anywhere on the Internet... Are they not craftable yet? How can we build these new modules without cheating those items in then? :/
The version currently isnt completed yet I think.
I believe there are still a lot of things to come.

Korynkai

Jul 29, 2019
6-QMX will have much more in the way of fixes. There were some issues that took me by surprise after the release (things I thought I had taken care of). Right now I'm actually throwing together a web-based development platform (specifically Jenkins and a small suite of other very useful web applications geared towards development) for my group, so hopefully development will start to go much smoother after this is finished. Actually curious as to why I didn't think of it sooner, it's just what my group needs...

Currently just making the finishing touches to this, then it's straight back to PowerSuits!

However I must add, MachineMuse added the Myofiber and Artificial Muscle without any indication as to what these might be used for... Since pre-QMX, these ingredients have been unimplemented in any modules and recipes, so you can rest assured that they aren't being used for anything even though they're needlessly at-the-moment being introduced into the game item database. If you notice it being used in the tinker table for something, please let me know as that would be a bug...

Last edited:

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
6-QMX will have much more in the way of fixes. There were some issues that took me by surprise after the release (things I thought I had taken care of). Right now I'm actually throwing together a web-based development platform (specifically Jenkins and a small suite of other very useful web applications geared towards development) for my group, so hopefully development will start to go much smoother after this is finished. Actually curious as to why I didn't think of it sooner, it's just what my group needs...
Currently just making the finishing touches to this, then it's straight back to PowerSuits!
Well can't wait then :D

Korynkai

Jul 29, 2019
Neither can I, and even if MachineMuse didn't give any indication as to any new modules those ingredients might be used in, I can think of a few :D

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Neither can I, and even if MachineMuse didn't give any indication as to any new modules those ingredients might be used in, I can think of a few :D
uu9pmDP.gif

Reactions: ThomazM

Xiupan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure I saw a recipe for artificial muscle at some point and it was used in a weight reduction module.
Yep, that was the thing I was referring to. It's on the chest piece and it's called something like Mechanical Advantage Weight Reduction or something like that. Basically using artificial muscles in the suit to more easily move/walk perhaps? Nullifying some of the added weight of batteries and armor? Anyway, it calls for 4 Artificial Muscles so I was like "Cool! How do I build those?" *NEI* "Nope... no recipes."

I would attempt to make a recipe myself but I have no idea how... D:

Korynkai

Jul 29, 2019
Rendering issues including with BiblioCraft armor stands, eh? Think that shouldn't be too difficult to fix, though I do wonder if this occurred when I reimplemented the SmartMoving model or if it's related to the invisibility module bug that was introduced during the initial move to 1.7.10.. Plainy, if you could downgrade to MachineMuse's version of Numina and Powersuits temporarily and see if this bug still exists in the meantime, it would certainly help me determine where this bug lies.

As for the ingredients, odd that I cannot find any mention of anything that requires artificial muscles, etc... in the code. I'll look more thoroughly when I have the chance and see if I can figure out what's going on... Someone posted something else related to this on MachineMuse's issues page, apparently the module does exist but drains more power than it should anyway when installed in creative, so I'll definitely look into that, too and see if its energy conversion is proportionally accurate.

Xiupan

Jul 29, 2019
poop.jpg

The thing the white arrow is pointing to is called Mechanical Assistance. It needs 4 Artificial Muscles. Located on the chest piece.
Maybe this will help you find it in the code? :eek: iunno :p

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Rendering issues including with BiblioCraft armor stands, eh? Think that shouldn't be too difficult to fix, though I do wonder if this occurred when I reimplemented the SmartMoving model or if it's related to the invisibility module bug that was introduced during the initial move to 1.7.10.. Plainy, if you could downgrade to MachineMuse's version of Numina and Powersuits temporarily and see if this bug still exists in the meantime, it would certainly help me determine where this bug lies.

As for the ingredients, odd that I cannot find any mention of anything that requires artificial muscles, etc... in the code. I'll look more thoroughly when I have the chance and see if I can figure out what's going on... Someone posted something else related to this on MachineMuse's issues page, apparently the module does exist but drains more power than it should anyway when installed in creative, so I'll definitely look into that, too and see if its energy conversion is proportionally accurate.
Seeing how unstable the older version was i would rather not but sewing it would help with further development i will tonight and its not jus on the armor stand it when you wear it to

Send using magic that is TapaTalk

I'm fairly sure I made artifical muscles in a older version of MPS or am i going crazy now...
And I think it would be nice if the recipe included some type of leather/flesh but you'd have to like soften the leather then make it stretch(somehow), etc

And where to download the older ones? couldnt find the appropiate links.
And I think there is a wrong link on MachineMuse's site that leads to the Addon mod but not the main version.
Also the addons dont work in the DW20 pack

Last edited:

Xiupan

Jul 29, 2019
Also the addons dont work in the DW20 pack

The new DW20 1.7.10 Pack on FTB Launcher? Cuuuuuuz that screenshot was taken on the DW20 pack lol. I manually added and updated the Powersuits and Powersuits Addon mods (Newest QMX versions).

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
The new DW20 1.7.10 Pack on FTB Launcher? Cuuuuuuz that screenshot was taken on the DW20 pack lol. I manually added and updated the Powersuits and Powersuits Addon mods (Newest QMX versions).
They crashed my game >.>
Couldnt start my world sadly.

Xiupan

Jul 29, 2019
They crashed my game >.>
Couldnt start my world sadly.

It crashed for me initially, but then I completely removed the old Powersuits, Powersuit Addons, and Numina and then replaced all of them with the QMX versions. That worked for me :eek:

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
It crashed for me initially, but then I completely removed the old Powersuits, Powersuit Addons, and Numina and then replaced all of them with the QMX versions. That worked for me :eek:
Guess I will try that then.