MPS Support Thread

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
a
This forum is for Unleashed (as well as every other FTB modpack).
Press L (I think that is the default) to open the armour customisation menu, use that to change the colour and make it transparent.
(Also, Machinemuse is female).
alright, lovely stuff and thankies, i will look into this, currently having a bit of a lay down after massive adventure to find some cactus for the binos, i found some only to die by "falling from a great height" whilst gliding around a newly discovered village:(...
rightso, anyway after all that palaver and making myself another suit, i installed the binocular vision and it turns out i wasn't as impressed as i half hoped to be, it seems the portalgun has a much better zoom... in fact unless i'm missing something important here (hoping so), the "zoom" doesn't do much at all. here we can see 3 images;) i tried altering the field of view in the table options and all levels gave an identical result so i'm hoping this is bugged, well actually i'm hoping i was pushing the wrong button or something, hoping as the window that lets key binding happen isn't showing anything for binoculars;)
also whilst i'm here, i often get a "jerky" glide when gliding close to the floor and quite often take 3 hearts damage when landing whilst gliding...
also also, loving the super texture
top: regular vision
middle: binocular zoom
bottom: portal gun zoom...
zoom.gif
l

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
This forum is for Unleashed (as well as every other FTB modpack).
Press L (I think that is the default) to open the armour customisation menu, use that to change the colour and make it transparent.
(Also, Machinemuse is female).
aha yes, now i've read this whole thread thing and found that this has been answered before so thankies muchly for not giving me a good word blasting. it was indeed "l" so now we're back to the usual awesome awesomeness, although the answer only opens more questions, well another question anyway... what's the deal with the 2 armour icons after the initial transparent option? one looks like iron and the other diamond, i'm unable to find a difference between them apart from the appearance os the icon:/...

also something about the binocular vision, do you think maybe the helm needs to be "powered" to enable it fully?
and finally apologies to machinemuse for not doing my research enough to know to write her/she;)

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
I think the icons might be related to glow.
I don't think the binoculars need power to work, take screenshots with the field of view slider at each extreme and compare them to each other.

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
... I don't think the binoculars need power to work, take screenshots with the field of view slider at each extreme and compare them to each other.
lawks, you know what? you probably had an inkling about this but i'll tell you now that you are correct again at least by way of there actually being a difference, check this out ;) i didn't notice until comparing the screenshots as suggested.
is this how it should be though, seems like there could be so much more? it made me laugh quite hard, still smiling ^_^
zoom2.gif

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
That looks right. In the config file there is D:"Binoculars.Field of View.FOV multiplier.multiplier"=9.5 and D:"Binoculars.Field of View.base"=0.5. You could try adjusting those if you want (I guess the second one is what it is like with the slider at minimum and the first one is what it is like with the slider at maximum).

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
That looks right...
thanks again, have tried editing this but it keeps bouncing back to standard settings due to being inept no doubt:/ will post with details praps once i've discovered some good numbers, in the meantime though there's this for you, i recently logged in to find frodo had been abusing my spare armour:) please can this be an option sometime? (it reset to standard size when i opened and closed the inventory:(
2013-10-25_220829.png

Kucan

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I use Fancy Mode graphics in FTB Unleashed 1.1.4 this message spams the console window

I've tried going the configs and looked across the net and found no solution to this nor the cause. Is there something up with my graphics?

As it turns out it was something to do with my graphics card, I forgot to update it's drivers after a format.

So if there's someone out googling for this error, try updating your graphic drivers.

Excalibous

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so i'm having a little issue with the chest plate, and possibly other pieces, where when i try to put it on and go into my inventory i get this crash (See Attachment) and my minecraft seems to not want to texture the tinker table at all, and the gui for it goes all weird where i cannot see what the pictures of each item are and i can barely make out what the words in the descriptions say. i have a feeling it may be my graphics card, which i hope not, or i'm screwed because i haven't updated my graphics card in so long, i don't even know what kind i have. also i am using unleashed 1.1.3

Attachments

• crash-2013-11-01_15.45.05-client.txt
    35 KB · Views: 40

Excalibous

Jul 29, 2019
See that's what I initially thought too because I do know Optifine causes some issues, however, both my friend and I are using Optifine, but his textures just fine, and mine won't. The only difference is his computers about a year and a half newer than mine is.

Edit: So I've tried it without Optifine, and the only thing Optifine seems to effect is the GUI rendering the item pictures weirdly. I tried putting on some of the armor, and it crashed with the previously stated error.

DewCan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on a server that uses FTB Unleashed, and I'm not using OptiFine. When I press L to open up the customization menu the head, chest, pants, and boots are fine, however the Power Fist does not show up. The model doesn't appear nor do any buttons. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on a server that uses FTB Unleashed, and I'm not using OptiFine. When I press L to open up the customization menu the head, chest, pants, and boots are fine, however the Power Fist does not show up. The model doesn't appear nor do any buttons. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

I think it wasn't possible yet to change the appearance of the power fist...

DewCan

Jul 29, 2019
I was talking with a friend of mine on the server who is also getting into the power armor if he could see a menu for the power fist, and he said he could. I tossed him my power fist so he could make some tweaks, but when he picked it up suddenly he couldn't see any sort of menu when he brought up the interface. Another friend of mine to was the original one who got me going down this path said I should see some options to tinker with it a little, and the youtubers Biffa and Topmass have shown options for it in their videos. Biffa had one with his colors, and Topmass had his set to invisible.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
My apologies MachineMuse. I've only heard silence or negativity on your part when people bring issues to you claiming it's their fault when they've done all the steps properly like detailed. It's not easy programming of course but simple things seem to get ignored without any insight onto why they are done when I'm sure you've been asked the same question hundreds of times. Tho my post previous about using honey kinda holds true as both of us could have handled that better, my apologies for putting you in such a position.

Tho insulting someone just for insulting you will leave everyone insulted. You're taking this a bit too personal and while I do concede that I didn't help any I don't really think you've got the right to insult someone else or tell someone not to post on a public forum.

I may have hastily insulted you but looking back I'm not feeling all too bad about doing it now based on how you reacted to me and everyone else.
Are you saying I should be nice to you even though you're lazy, whiny, stupid, rude, and now patronizing towards me? How does this even make sense inside that mushy brain of yours?

Reactions: eliminat

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Are you saying I should be nice to you even though you're lazy, whiny, stupid, rude, and now patronizing towards me? How does this even make sense inside that mushy brain of yours?
Hey MM, don't take them too seriously. It's bad for your health. Mentally and physically. Just filter them out mentally. I do that a lot so not to get crazy.

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
MachineMuse said:
heyhi, i've kind of encountered an issue i'd like to resolve, i say "kind of" because i've only heard this to be the case. the case appears to be that ardite and cobalt can be mined no problem with the power glove so i'm wondering how to go about disabling this ability as it flies in the face of tinkers construct a bit.. it's either that or disable the crafting recipe for the glove:/ thanks&fluff

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Hey MachineMuse, I love your mod!
You probably already know about it but radiation shielding doesn't work with ic2 experimental.
Also is there a way to remove that "sprinting" effect when using sprint assist(the increased fov)? I removed the sprint assist for walking because the view changed to the increased fov even when not moving...

Greylocke

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the new custom recipes feature -- does anyone have a sample or know how to get MPS to generate a default set? I've tried starting up build 44 in a clean environment, but I just get the standard two config files. No separate JSON file and clues in the standard configs.