MPS Support Thread

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the new custom recipes feature -- does anyone have a sample or know how to get MPS to generate a default set? I've tried starting up build 44 in a clean environment, but I just get the standard two config files. No separate JSON file and clues in the standard configs.

I'm wondering the same. Trying to disable TE recipes since MPS 44 is based upon TE2 and it breaks, causing server crash preventing startup, when TE3 is installed.

Crash here : http://pastebin.com/BGQt1uWm

Crash is resolved by removing either MPS or TE3 and I can't find a config file option in either to resolve this crash. It looks like the Hologram recipe.

The other TE recipes may crash, too, if this one was disabled.

Entered this as a 'Defect' for CoFH (TE3 team), requesting config to disable TE3 recipe support into MPS : https://code.google.com/p/thermalexpansion/issues/detail?id=180

edit : Not a TE3 bug. That issue was closed. Please see my post below for my workaround/solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolkovNB

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Got it to work. I added exactly the following to my ./config/machinemuse/powersuits.cfg file:

Code:
####################
# general
####################

general {
    B:"Thermal Expansion Recipes"=false
}

This issue likely affects those who have no config, i.e. building or re-building a mod pack from scratch or have otherwise erased/wiped configs.

It would be nice to use TE3 recipes in MPS, but am just glad for now that I have two of my favorite mods loaded at the same time ;-)

Reactions: VolkovNB

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Did you go into Twilight Forest ? The boss mobs in there can damage your MPS helm.

To fix it, use the uncrafting table (in repair mode, not disassemble mode, heh). A vanilla anvil may also be able to fix it.

Quantum Beast

Jul 29, 2019
I was missing slickutil, but it turns out fixing that didn't really change the symptoms. I'm having better luck adding TechWorld things to DireWolf20, so I think I won't dig further on this.

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps this is a better spot to post this.

Modpack: Direwolf20 1.6.4 - 1.0.7
Mod: MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits
What's the bug? Unable to craft any part of the mod using the Thermal Expansion recipes. Went into the config to check and saw this:

general {
B:"Allow Conflicting Keybinds"=true
D:"Base Heat Cap"=50.0
D:"Energy per IC2 EU"=0.4
D:"Energy per MJ"=1.0
D:"Energy per RF"=0.1
D:"Energy per UEJ"=1.0
B:"Gregtech Recipes"=false
B:"IndustrialCraft Recipes"=true
D:"Maximum Armor per Piece"=6.0
D:"Maximum flight speed (in m/s)"=25.0
D:"Salvage Ratio"=0.9
B:"Thermal Expansion Recipes"=true
B:"Universal Electricity Recipes"=false
B:"Use Graphical Meters"=false
B:"Use Mousewheel to change modes"=true
B:"Vanilla Recipes"=false

Thermal Expansion recipes are set to "true" however the only recipes available are the Industrialcraft ones. It doesn't cycle between them either, like some other recipes in the game. I tried turning the Industrialcraft ones to "false", but all that did was make them uncraftable. Hitting "R" to see the recipe would do nothing.

So I'm stuck now. Am I doing anything wrong? I know that I could just do the Industrialcraft recipes, but all my infrastructure is in TE and I should be able to play the game however I want, especially considering TE recipes have been added to Modular Powersuits.

Is this an issue with the addition of TE3 to the modpack? I haven't been able to find any information on this on the forums.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Perhaps this is a better spot to post this.

Modpack: Direwolf20 1.6.4 - 1.0.7
Mod: MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits
What's the bug? Unable to craft any part of the mod using the Thermal Expansion recipes. Went into the config to check and saw this:

general {
B:"Allow Conflicting Keybinds"=true
D:"Base Heat Cap"=50.0
D:"Energy per IC2 EU"=0.4
D:"Energy per MJ"=1.0
D:"Energy per RF"=0.1
D:"Energy per UEJ"=1.0
B:"Gregtech Recipes"=false
B:"IndustrialCraft Recipes"=true
D:"Maximum Armor per Piece"=6.0
D:"Maximum flight speed (in m/s)"=25.0
D:"Salvage Ratio"=0.9
B:"Thermal Expansion Recipes"=true
B:"Universal Electricity Recipes"=false
B:"Use Graphical Meters"=false
B:"Use Mousewheel to change modes"=true
B:"Vanilla Recipes"=false

Thermal Expansion recipes are set to "true" however the only recipes available are the Industrialcraft ones. It doesn't cycle between them either, like some other recipes in the game. I tried turning the Industrialcraft ones to "false", but all that did was make them uncraftable. Hitting "R" to see the recipe would do nothing.

So I'm stuck now. Am I doing anything wrong? I know that I could just do the Industrialcraft recipes, but all my infrastructure is in TE and I should be able to play the game however I want, especially considering TE recipes have been added to Modular Powersuits.

Is this an issue with the addition of TE3 to the modpack? I haven't been able to find any information on this on the forums.

I would guess that Machinemuse didn't update the compatibility for the new Thermal Expansion 3 and just thinked that the mod was exactly the same as Thermal Expansion 2 so that's probably why the recipes aren't working or showing up, same thing goes for the MFR machines that we could craft with TE stuff in DW20 1.5.2 pack, now we have to use the standard recipes for it...

Reactions: RestrictedDruid

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
I would guess that Machinemuse didn't update the compatibility for the new Thermal Expansion 3 and just thinked that the mod was exactly the same as Thermal Expansion 2 so that's probably why the recipes aren't working or showing up, same thing goes for the MFR machines that we could craft with TE stuff in DW20 1.5.2 pack, now we have to use the standard recipes for it...

Here's hoping it gets updated... unlikely :(

Chromonos

Jul 29, 2019
umm,can you help me?I can't bind a key for any module.

I press K and GUI is open.I press 'New',it says 'Press Key',i press a key and the GUI is returning again with "(my key)" "new" and "trash" but i can't select module for key.How can i bind a key?I need this for Flight Control,please help me.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
umm,can you help me?I can't bind a key for any module.

I press K and GUI is open.I press 'New',it says 'Press Key',i press a key and the GUI is returning again with "(my key)" "new" and "trash" but i can't select module for key.How can i bind a key?I need this for Flight Control,please help me.

Once your key is selected, you can drag it with the mouse, place it where you want it then drag the module for flight control to the key you used...

Chromonos

Jul 29, 2019
umm,sorry but i don't understand.

I have this now

6151inciz5186011.png

I can drag and move in this square only.

Chromonos

Jul 29, 2019
hmph,thanks for helping but i can't bind a key,i test in no cheat survival map (but NEI) and i crafted things in table,i installed a jetpack and battery but this not works.annoying.

again,thanks for trying helping.

Chromonos

Jul 29, 2019
I solved.

I installed OptiFine to unleashed (very very big mistake) and optifine make them invisibly.I remove OptiFine and they are visible now.

(note to myself:hate optifine)