[MPS] How does this even happen?!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
2013-08-11_21.28.11.png

I have somehow managed to DAMAGE my Modular Powersuit Helmet. I have no idea how this happened - the last thing I did before I noticed the helm was damaged was fight a few bosses in the Twilight Forest: The Boss Minotaur, the Twilight Lich (twice) and Ur-ghast.

Also, I'm running FTB Unleashed v1.0.3, as v1.1.x is currently too glitchy for my tastes. (Funny how a beta version's less glitchy, eh?)

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it's another of those stupid nerfs that over time and extreme usage could leads to damaging the armor and having to eventually replace it.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I completely lost my mps helm after fighting an Ur-Ghast. The Twilight Forest is probably the one mod that kinda makes the "god mode" tools and armor have a full jimmy rustle.

I've also lost a drill while mining maze stone. It magically re-appeared about 5 minutes later. Just be careful out there and don't trust too much in that fancy tech stuff when you step into that dimension.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Ur-Ghast normally destroys your helmet, the MPS helmet must have more durability than the Ur-Ghast causes.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Ur-Ghast normally destroys your helmet, the MPS helmet must have more durability than the Ur-Ghast causes.

To be fair, I was dodging his attacks a lot. While I can tank a lot of hits, it's just more fun to.. NOT get hit.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Our server has Infernal mobs, and some players have lost their MPS gear to the Rust ability, which damages equipment. No doubt some of these special encounters in Twilight Forest do the same.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
But all of the two block pillars that I would have to take down :C

That is the best solution I've heard though, I'll try it.

I normally have dirt or cobble on me while exploring and have no issues leaving letting 2 block way markers all over the place.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Our server has Infernal mobs, and some players have lost their MPS gear to the Rust ability, which damages equipment. No doubt some of these special encounters in Twilight Forest do the same.

That must have been what happened to my power armor: it was damaged but not significantly and I could never find out why. Must have run into an infernal with that Rust ability a while back and killed him before he did any significant damage. :D All this time I just chocked it up to some weird bug with the powersuits.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I WAS WONDERING! omg... after TF I took damage to the helm.. and didn't know why... can this be repaired any? like another helm (without upgrades) into an anvil with the current?

Noby07

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if you could, something like this "rust" ability is really unfinished in my opinion. I would implement when having better ideas with it.

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
I wonder if you could, something like this "rust" ability is really unfinished in my opinion. I would implement when having better ideas with it.

meh, it wouldn't work to well because of the stupid vanilla repair system.
and people would just uninstall the modules and reinstall them on a new suit, which is pretty tedious

Noby07

Jul 29, 2019
But there is still a chance, that the items get lost. Capacitors get destroyed 100 Percent when trying to uninstall the modules. Wich still stinks but is a bit more balanced and realistic.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Call it incentive to get your AE system to a point you can auto-craft all modules and parts in MPS. At that point, it might even be worthwhile to build a full spare. :)

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I WAS WONDERING! omg... after TF I took damage to the helm.. and didn't know why... can this be repaired any? like another helm (without upgrades) into an anvil with the current?

Just discovered that yes you can repair your MPS helmet, Twilight Forest taketh away and Twilight Forest giveth, the Uncrafting Table allows for MPS repair :D