Most ridiculous power supply

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly I can't remember who it was (it was ages ago), but once I saw someone powering their base with turtles that were shearing tall grass.

Reactions: Cata3rd

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Witch Shard-> redstone, +tome -> soulsand, into centrifuge= coal dust, saltpetre, sand and oil cell, into distil tower-> fuel, sulphuric acid, glycerol-> into chem. reactor -> nitro coalfuel.

Byproducts
Saltpetre+sand+dirt= forestry fertilizer (the purple apatite stuff)
Glowstone is a fairly neat amplifier in the matterfab.
Coal dust-> steel/diamond

Reactions: Gimply Goose

hogahoga

Jul 29, 2019
1. Solar 2. Mass fab 3. Lapis from uu matter 4. Lapis in bio reactor 5. The usual stuff with biofuel

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Steve carts birch tree farm, wood goes to charcoal and into a small boiler, saplings go into biomass production with water and golem powered-wheat/mulch farm, biomass + steam to power everything.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Steve carts birch tree farm, wood goes to charcoal and into a small boiler, saplings go into biomass production with water and golem powered-wheat/mulch farm, biomass + steam to power everything.
That's not ridiculous. That's not even comical. That's Conventional.

I plan on, in my 1.6 world I'm trying to set up, using some kind of recharging suit of armor (likely a MPS outfit) to bootstrap my power production until my Slaughterhouse has enough power to run via liquid meat powering bio-engines. If that don't work, I'll just go to space, build a space station, and use solars there, and smelt charcoal from a Nether Tree Farm on site using AE to get the wood there, to power a GT Steam Boiler and eventually use that to bootstrap my Fusion Reactor. Somehow. Maybe I'll just skip all that and just power my base via RTGs. Or since I'm not too boring, I'll use UE and make a big ass particle accelerator and just use Antimatter for my needs.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
My current setup is 1 squid with 8 ranchers feeding 32 bioreactors, biofuel fed into 12 unifiers(cause why not), ethanol is fed to a max size railcraft steel tank then to 5 max size HP boilers, steam is transformed to mj via power convertors and stored in 21 Redstone energy cells, distribution via tesseracts to where every I need it.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Coke ovens anyone? You can do it two ways with these, one is to the conventional tree farms and you'll get max power from every log coming off the production. But take it a step further and get a supply of good old coal and have 100's of these things cooking up power for your entire base. Creosote alone can be burned in boilers for extra juice. 104 ovens is all you need to power 3 full sized HPs on creosote if you use coal. You'll need to double production if you wanna go completely renewable.

hogahoga

Jul 29, 2019
My current setup is 1 squid with 8 ranchers feeding 32 bioreactors, biofuel fed into 12 unifiers(cause why not), ethanol is fed to a max size railcraft steel tank then to 5 max size HP boilers, steam is transformed to mj via power convertors and stored in 21 Redstone energy cells, distribution via tesseracts to where every I need it.
Why use 8 when you can use 96?

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing too unusual compared to some here, but I'm in the process of building seven 5x5 (minus center square for water) farms with IC2 Crops to feed a Bioreactor. That's six dyes and netherwart. I'm wondering how much breeding, if any, it will require. Though seven types should be rather efficient.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
A classic I have seen previously, a Zombie Juicer.

Will require Unhinged but get zombie production of some sort (i.e. soul shards, etc.) and some cheap method for killing them quickly. Break down the rotten flesh for methane, pump into whatever power generator you like be it liquid 36HP or gas turbine, etc. :D

Bonus points if you make a building around it with a butt for the methane to come out... :eek:

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
haha but extra bonus points if the butt is Tungsten Steel Reinforced blocks lol. Also say good bye to gas powered boilers cause all GT fuels are invalid in boilers in 1.6.2+. From fart gas to lithium.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
haha but extra bonus points if the butt is Tungsten Steel Reinforced blocks lol. Also say good bye to gas powered boilers cause all GT fuels are invalid in boilers in 1.6.2+. From fart gas to lithium.

there's a gas turbine now, meant as the replacement. Also, a GT boiler. Yeah, removing compatibility wasnt cool, but there's options.

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
Lava!!!!!!!!!!! no I kid. way to easy and overused ahahha

all steam is a cool way to go, so MJ :p
Using apple's to make biomass is another good one

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
17x18 sugarcane farm (roughly 250 plants, 50ish lilypads of fertility)
harvested by 4 MFR harvesters with tin(I think... the 9x9 ones) upgrades.
Fed into 2 pulverisers, sugar then cooked into sugar charcoal in a mekanism advanced factory.
Sugar charcoal then cooked in coke ovens to form sugar coke (28 coke ovens)
Sugar coke then combined to make coal coke
coal coke into a 36hp boiler
reactor turbines running off the steam
creosote oil from coke ovens fed into an 8HP liquid boiler, that feeds 8 industrial steam engines for a little extra kick

Total power: fuck knows... those reactor turbines are NOT well documented and you need to know bloody fillipino to understand the code

Reactions: MrD3cisive

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Mobfarm for bonemeal.
Bonemeal is clicked on mushrooms (is it possible?)
Big mushrooms are harvested and biomassed.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Mobfarm for bonemeal.
Bonemeal is clicked on mushrooms (is it possible?)
Big mushrooms are harvested and biomassed.
You can bonemeal mushrooms, yes, but last I checked they had to be on Mycellum to actually grow.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
It's not hard to get mycelium (from mushroom biome, with silk touch). Question is, will mushroom grow if one adjactent cell is occupied with dispenser/turtle/etc?