Most Missed mods on your current Version of MC.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Daihok

So i did the update to 1.11.2. At first was really missing ender IO but have got used to it. The mod im finding i miss the absolute most i think is Iron Backpacks! All those filters and configurations! What mods are you guys missing the most on your current version of MC? Thought this might be a fun little thread.

D

Daihok

Yes definately Thaumcraft! /sigh But i have kinda gotten use to missing that one as well.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Buildcraft. And I really wanted to try thaumcraft, but I guess that's not happening now.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
The old buildcraft. They reverted to MJ. RIP Buildcraft. Why can't all mods just use RF. Makes my life simpler.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I totally get where you're coming from @Nuclear_Creeper0 - it was a simpler time! I recall way back when, when most mods used their own power systems with no interchangeability - at the time it was... not fun.

That said, for me the slight homogenisation that came with everything using RF did lead to things being a little duller at the same time, and I'm actually at the point now where I'm quite looking forward to having to use all different power sources for different mods again! But, I'm a weirdo ;)

For me its the same as @Inaeo: Thaumcraft. Not just the mechanics of the recent one, but the... feel, and the lore, of all of them (well, as far back as Thaumcraft 2, which was the earliest one I played with). There was something wonderful about it, it felt like it was so rich in lore and full of character, like it was lifted from the fantasy setting of some books or something! All iterations have had that, to a greater or lesser degree, and the world of Minecraft will be diminished for not having a Thaumcraft.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I'm still missing MFR. I know it was overly cheep for what all it did but it still had one of the best set it and forget it treefarm solutions not to mention ranchers for all your passive mob bit needs.

Reactions: Henry Link

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Actually you know what I really miss? OpenBlocks. The XP Drain and the Hang Glider and the build guide.

D

Daihok

Wasnt Mcjty gonna work on the new Thaumcraft or did that fall through? Also i bet MFR gonna be updating soon they have been working on updates alot from what I have seen. Also i tryed the new buildcraft for 1.11.2 but had to remove it. It was just still way to buggy causes crashs left and right.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
@Quetzi Am I right in saying it was inspired by, but was a complete rewrite from the ground up, and added a number of things not present in RP2, including a Logistics Pipes-esque system?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
You would be correct @GamerwithnoGame. And even then it is missing all of the fourth computer equipment and the bluetricity stuff. But, in all honesty, I don't miss RedPower 2 at all. It was one of those mods that frustrated me to no end. Had all of these nice retrievers to automate crafting and the junk would go to the wrong retriever.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You would be correct @GamerwithnoGame. And even then it is missing all of the fourth computer equipment and the bluetricity stuff. But, in all honesty, I don't miss RedPower 2 at all. It was one of those mods that frustrated me to no end. Had all of these nice retrievers to automate crafting and the junk would go to the wrong retriever.
Very true; Project Red has a bit of a nod to the blutricity nikolite with its electrotine, but that's much more limited in its application.

Having played around a little with the pipes in PR, and using it to automate crafting and replacing tools inside Progressive Automation machines (as well as removing drops from them) it actually worked remarkably well. I've developed a greater fondness for that than I had for Redpower2, which surprised me to realise that!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Now... Another pair of mods I sorely miss is ComputerCraft and Open Peripherals. I miss being able to automate things with CC. OC is lacking in the connectivity to things like Ender I/O capacitor banks and other blocks.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Backpacks, not Iron Backpacks, which is a fine mod, but Backpacks, is still my favorite storage bag mod. Two sizes, plus crafting for both sizes. No fighting upgrades, no hunting a million chickens, can't put one in another, but they're double chest sized so you're almost never going to run out of space anyway.

I also miss the full proper version of Railcraft, but it's being worked on so I'm okay with that.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Now... Another pair of mods I sorely miss is ComputerCraft and Open Peripherals. I miss being able to automate things with CC. OC is lacking in the connectivity to things like Ender I/O capacitor banks and other blocks.
what version are you on? As computercraft is now opensource there are supposedly working versions for minecraft 1.11 and 1.12. Both versions are a pull request right now so maybe we see official versions of it sooner rather than later.
1.12 version https://github.com/dan200/ComputerCraft/pull/316
1.11 version https://github.com/dan200/ComputerCraft/pull/241 (download links to a build are in the pull request for 1.12)
It still means that open peripherals is missing though :( ....