More news about FTB's Future. (Important announcement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ona

Jul 29, 2019
First: Props to you for your hard work. I thank you very much for that work that makes my game play easier.

Second: I agree you guys gotta do what you gotta do, so decorate your launcher however you like, just keep the ads to your launcher and out of my minecraft worlds. Nothing would get me to uninstall FTB faster then an ad bar or a pop up ad in my mc world.

sixkiller5

Jul 29, 2019
First: Props to you for your hard work. I thank you very much for that work that makes my game play easier.

Second: I agree you guys gotta do what you gotta do, so decorate your launcher however you like, just keep the ads to your launcher and out of my minecraft worlds. Nothing would get me to uninstall FTB faster then an ad bar or a pop up ad in my mc world.
i dont think that is what slowpoke meant to be honest.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
just keep the ads to your launcher and out of my minecraft worlds. Nothing would get me to uninstall FTB faster then an ad bar or a pop up ad in my mc world.

I don't believe FTB could do that anyways due to legal issues, while the servers do run the FTB files, the servers themselves are private entities not to mention that other server hosting companies would probably not be very happy having creeperhost ads running on their platforms/hardware. I believe this is all related to the launcher itself.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
T-shirts are okay, but I really want mod related foam tools. You see lots of people at conventions with those large foam Pickaxes, but I want an MPS Power Tool or the IC2 Diamond Drill in foam.

clarity

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I don't know why you would think your fans would be upset with this. If this helps you to stick around and continue to grow, anyone should be all for it. The last thing I'd want is to see you people fade away, like the Yogbox did. I'm totally for it...do what you gotta. :)

Reactions: Damion

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
T-shirts are okay, but I really want mod related foam tools. You see lots of people at conventions with those large foam Pickaxes, but I want an MPS Power Tool or the IC2 Diamond Drill in foam.

Would be awesome going to a MC convention with your mining drill hanging on your back lol

Reactions: Flipz

Damion

Jul 29, 2019
if you ask me a little funding is always needed to keep something going and if you get more of it then according to what i understand means it will get better and better and i have nothing against it its simple business and logic

Vanhart

Jul 29, 2019
As a Java dev of some years experience, I can easily imagine how much work goes into both each mod, and into making workable, stable modpacks. If supporting the process means ads in the launcher and the chance to buy a cool T-shirt, that seems pretty fair to support more FTB epicness:cool::D

Kevin Yells

Jul 29, 2019
Truthfully I have often wondered how so much time and dedication has been sacrificed for the community and often you struggle to locate a donate button to support these texture/mod and launcher creators. I would have happily paid for the products and support offered so fully support your venture. The game being vanilla and mod packs like creation has evolved immensely since first release so why should game developers not ? A big well done to everyone and a massive thank you

Reactions: eqha

DeadoolTS

Jul 29, 2019
Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Takaste

Jul 29, 2019
So I was on a logmcdw20 server and it says I have to be on 1.5.2 launcher I think, but no matter if I update, I'm still 1.4.7, what do I do?

i believe you need the private DW20 pack, read through his thread and you should get the password for it and also the update, been a while since i read it so my memory may play a trick on me, but that's the best i can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.