More 1.7.10 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Forget about the Microsoft thing... what's ruining MC is the Bukkit/Cauldron/CraftBukkit/Spigot takedown. Mods for 1.7.10 are now stuck in the cesspool of bad MC versions.

I ran a 2 player server without cauldron (because the Forge version had surpassed the last cauldron version) and the lag spikes were immense when chunk genning. The server was running 8GB RAM and was on my LAN and still we couldn't play without freezing every minute or so.

Unless modders can come up with a spigot/cauldron replacement (I know there's a couple in progress) 1.7.10 servers are in deep trouble.

It's either that or remove every mod that adds anything to world gen which is not ores and yes that means biome mods like BoP.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Forget about the Microsoft thing... what's ruining MC is the Bukkit/Cauldron/CraftBukkit/Spigot takedown. Mods for 1.7.10 are now stuck in the cesspool of bad MC versions.

I ran a 2 player server without cauldron (because the Forge version had surpassed the last cauldron version) and the lag spikes were immense when chunk genning. The server was running 8GB RAM and was on my LAN and still we couldn't play without freezing every minute or so.

Unless modders can come up with a spigot/cauldron replacement (I know there's a couple in progress) 1.7.10 servers are in deep trouble.

It's either that or remove every mod that adds anything to world gen which is not ores and yes that means biome mods like BoP.
A replacement has been worked on for the last week or so by many of the other server plugin people. http://spongepowered.org/ It looks like it will be multitudes better than bukkit with its complete compatibility with forge

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I know VikeStep, unfortunately it's not what we need, we need a spigot replacement as it that which kicks the performance back into 1.7.10. I sincerely hope it does include some sort of performance enhancement though as it says it intends to.

Edit - also this :

What Minecraft version is Sponge be first available for?

Sponge will be first available for Minecraft 1.8, or whatever 1.8.x version exists at the time.

Darkly

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I know VikeStep, unfortunately it's not what we need, we need a spigot replacement as it that which kicks the performance back into 1.7.10. I sincerely hope it does include some sort of performance enhancement though as it says it intends to.

Edit - also this :

Sponge will be first available for Minecraft 1.8, or whatever 1.8.x version exists at the time.

In the header -> "Planned for Minecraft 1.8, and possibly 1.7."

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019

Edit - also this :

They say 1.8 because they don't know how long it will take. If they complete it rather swiftly (which it is by the way, already the largest IRC Channel on espernet is #sponge) then it could be for 1.7 as the website I sent you mentions. Also I am not sure about whether they intend on replacing spigot or not. But the spigot devs are all working on sponge too so who knows, they might code up the spigot replacement inside of sponge.

(Also I just noticed the similarity between the names of server plugins etc. Bukkit, Spigot, Sponge, Flow, Spout, Cauldron. All to do with water and its various containers)

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I have a question about the upcoming modpacks for 1.7.10. I want to find a good map seed in advance for the Tech modpack for when I start playing it (I'm going to be using Biomes O' Plenty btw), so would the Unstable modpack be a way to find a seed in advance if the mods are for 1.7? I'm wondering if the Biomes O' Plenty in the Unstable modpack might produce seeds that are useable in the Tech modpack.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Cauldron takedown is a big problem. Running a server with forge only its almost impossible :(. And we are still far from a good protection mod. unless mytown updates. that may help allot

Reactions: Jadedcat

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Are you all planning on pushing ahead with a Mod pack for single player with server play as a "At your own risk"? Or are you just going to hold out to get a decent replacement for the earlier plans?

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
Are you all planning on pushing ahead with a Mod pack for single player with server play as a "At your own risk"? Or are you just going to hold out to get a decent replacement for the earlier plans?

well. there are actually 3 options
1) white list. at your own risk server
2)wait for sponge to get to 1.7 ( witch may never happen )
3) give another try to forgeesentials :p

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could play on someone else's server

i'm talking from a server owner perspective, this will affect all owners. you don't just sell/close your dedicated server and go play on someone else server, witch will still lack the proper plugins to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.