Monster pack doesn't include Translocators mod... Why??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
At some point, Monster changed from being "the successor to Unleashed" to being "Slowpoke's map pack". I'm not sure when exactly that happened.
IIRC, it was always Slow's map pack, and never the successor to Unleashed. I could be wrong, though.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
At some point, Monster changed from being "the successor to Unleashed" to being "Slowpoke's map pack". I'm not sure when exactly that happened.
It was always the latter and merely the stand in for the former.

Reactions: YX33A

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
It's what Slowpoke first announced it as.

IIRC he announced it as the successor "in spirit" to Unleashed. That could mean Unleashed was going to be the map pack if 1.6 didn't come first.

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
Well translocators isn't the only great mod that FTB leaves out, is it? Mekanism, Minechem, Metallurgy and Carpenter's blocks are just a few of all the awesome mods that for some reason never gets put into the (bigger) packs!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well translocators isn't the only great mod that FTB leaves out, is it? Mekanism, Minechem, Metallurgy and Carpenter's blocks are just a few of all the awesome mods that for some reason never gets put into the (bigger) packs!

I dunno, Translocators feels like it's mostly flash and little substance to me. It's cool, but what does it do that is unique?(aside from the somewhat cool in world crafting grid placing thingy which I've corrupted worlds beyond repair with)

Reactions: SatanicSanta

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, Translocators feels like it's mostly flash and little substance to me. It's cool, but what does it do that is unique?(aside from the somewhat cool in world crafting grid placing thingy which I've corrupted worlds beyond repair with)
Well it's not my favourite mod either, but it felt like a good opportunity to bring up the question of other great but left out mods.

Still Translocators has their uses. They can easily allow you to regulate how much of an item that exists in a specific inventory, something you can't do with itemducts or Ender IO conduits.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's not my favourite mod either, but it felt like a good opportunity to bring up the question of other great but left out mods.

Still Translocators has their uses. They can easily allow you to regulate how much of an item that exists in a specific inventory, something you can't do with itemducts or Ender IO conduits.

And yet it's very easy using AE or LP, which are better for actual sorting like that then those systems.

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
And yet it's very easy using AE or LP, which are better for actual sorting like that then those systems.
Last time I checked borh of those solutions is way more expensive and require way more infrastrucure.. In other words, not really something you build just for that task in the earlier stages of the game..

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Last time I checked borh of those solutions is way more expensive and require way more infrastrucure.. In other words, not really something you build just for that task in the earlier stages of the game..

"way more" is like 15 more minutes of mining and that includes the infrastructure you'd need to utilize it as well.

Reactions: YX33A and Padfoote

trajing

Jul 29, 2019

>Earlier in game
>Requires Diamond Nuggets
Whaa?
Also,
>Requires Diamond Nuggets
>Diamond Nuggets
Wat.

Reactions: YX33A

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is this mod difficult to add to Monster? just curious. i've never figured out how to use translocators and don't really know what its good for.

There's thousands of mods out there; I'm not really clear on why everyone thinks a modpack should try to incorporate absolutely everything.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
It's a great way of regulating stock in a small compact build and before itemducts existed allowed for compact item movement which just isn't possible with BC pipes.