Monster pack doesn't include Translocators mod... Why??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
One of the great things I have seen some with translocators was to use it to keep a stack of food, 2 stacks of torches, plus a few odds and ends for mining and exploration in an enderchest. Items were auto crafted in an AE system and pulled from an interface. With an enderpouch linked to the chest the player was never without any needed supplies for exploring caves, fortresses, and mines. Yes, before anyone says it this was a Direwolf build last season on forgecraft. Still was a great idea and I may well replicate it myself on the server I am on.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
One of the great things I have seen some with translocators was to use it to keep a stack of food, 2 stacks of torches, plus a few odds and ends for mining and exploration in an enderchest. Items were auto crafted in an AE system and pulled from an interface. With an enderpouch linked to the chest the player was never without any needed supplies for exploring caves, fortresses, and mines. Yes, before anyone says it this was a Direwolf build last season on forgecraft. Still was a great idea and I may well replicate it myself on the server I am on.
That can be done with something as simple as a couple of Factorization routers.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Or a LP Network, plus using a LP Network can allow you to use a remote orderer that will pipe what you request to a location you specify, such as a ender chest connected to your ender pouch.
I've set such a thing up before. In fact, I did this while Direwolf20 was still obsessing over his RP2 Sorting System that everyone copied(myself included, for five minutes until I realized that it was a pain to use even if set up correctly).

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Not nearly as well. Translocaters is second to only LP (which most of us don't us, quite frankly) in item regulation, and it is the only transport method that can completely reverse its flow with a redstone signal (thus creating such contraptions as one Ender Tank being linked to every liquid in your base). Translocaters is also probably the best transport method for reliability: unlike almost every other non-AE method, it will not attempt to overload an inventory, in addition to being incredibly fast and pulling one item at a time (doesn't get clogged up by many different types of items like Itemducts or Mek Pipes).

It is, hands down, the best method of dealing with imports and exports from an AE system.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Not nearly as well. Translocaters is second to only LP (which most of us don't us, quite frankly) in item regulation, and it is the only transport method that can completely reverse its flow with a redstone signal (thus creating such contraptions as one Ender Tank being linked to every liquid in your base). Translocaters is also probably the best transport method for reliability: unlike almost every other non-AE method, it will not attempt to overload an inventory, in addition to being incredibly fast and pulling one item at a time (doesn't get clogged up by many different types of items like Itemducts or Mek Pipes).

It is, hands down, the best method of dealing with imports and exports from an AE system.

Sigh, not trying to compare the entire mod to the factorization Router. Merely saying that a simple job of keeping a few stacks in an inventory can easily be done with very simple means and a bit of thought. Don't need yet another mod just for that.

And tbh from reading this thread I think the mention of world breaking bugs etc make it quite clear why it is not in Monster.[DOUBLEPOST=1395463650][/DOUBLEPOST]
Or a LP Network, plus using a LP Network can allow you to use a remote orderer that will pipe what you request to a location you specify, such as a ender chest connected to your ender pouch.
I've set such a thing up before. In fact, I did this while Direwolf20 was still obsessing over his RP2 Sorting System that everyone copied(myself included, for five minutes until I realized that it was a pain to use even if set up correctly).
Indeed. I plan on using LP myself hooked up to a Random Things "Player Interface" to stock my own inventory from my ME network with food and torches directly, as well as my tool enderpouch etc.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh, not trying to compare the entire mod to the factorization Router. Merely saying that a simple job of keeping a few stacks in an inventory can easily be done with very simple means and a bit of thought. Don't need yet another mod just for that.

And tbh from reading this thread I think the mention of world breaking bugs etc make it quite clear why it is not in Monster.[DOUBLEPOST=1395463650][/DOUBLEPOST]
Indeed. I plan on using LP myself hooked up to a Random Things "Player Interface" to stock my own inventory from my ME network with food and torches directly, as well as my tool enderpouch etc.
To be fair, I only pulled that off once and still don't quite understand how I did it.
...And the world was totally corrupted, like try removing Translocators and still no go. Lesson: Avoid using the in world crafting grid thingy and chances are you'll be fine.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, I only pulled that off once and still don't quite understand how I did it.
...And the world was totally corrupted, like try removing Translocators and still no go. Lesson: Avoid using the in world crafting grid thingy and chances are you'll be fine.

I never understood how to use the crafting grid. The axis was always off for me. I try placing an item in the middle slot and it would go into the top left or something. Really weird.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I never understood how to use the crafting grid. The axis was always off for me. I try placing an item in the middle slot and it would go into the top left or something. Really weird.
It seems to be aligned to north-south, with south being the bottom of the grid.

But if you just couldn't get it to place things into the right spot, I'd guess that you weren't aiming perfectly, since I never had that kind of issue. It works best when you are right on top of it looking down.