Monster and Dye Trees and Dye Trees?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Why disable Project Red's dye trees and then enable a completely separate mod Dye Trees to put trees that make dyes in? Why not just enable PR's dye trees and have one less mod?

Thanks,
IMarv

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Why disable Project Red's dye trees and then enable a completely separate mod Dye Trees to put trees that make dyes in? Why not just enable PR's dye trees and have one less mod?

Thanks,
IMarv
Good question. Do the new dye trees give us an item from the tree we can use for dying things other then the saplings? Also the sapling output on PR's Dye trees was horrid, even when I used a Force Mitt.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you can craft your own dye sapplings with DyeTrees. also I have noticed that there's currently not many mods who actually support the trees in treefarms.
but seeing as DyeTrees is from Reika, the same mod developer of Rotarycraft, there's probably compatibility between the 2 mods.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
... fighting Taint and MystCraft instability/decay.

Seriously??? Nice! Are the exact parameters of that effect (radius and/or amount of reduction) documented on your web page? Nm, I will go check :)

Edit: looks like it's not documented *sad face*

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Seriously??? Nice! Are the exact parameters of that effect (radius and/or amount of reduction) documented on your web page? Nm, I will go check :)

Edit: looks like it's not documented *sad face*
No, because I have yet to get around to updating my site.

The taint-fighting is within 32 blocks, the decay-fighting within 64, and instability is dimension-wide.

Reactions: Greytusks

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
The rainbow trees are also like a dye pinata when brought down with a TiCO lumber axe.

Also does anyone know what mod in Monster makes it so that leaf blocks break almost instantly? It is really handy.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
The rainbow trees are also like a dye pinata when brought down with a TiCO lumber axe.

Also does anyone know what mod in Monster makes it so that leaf blocks break almost instantly? It is really handy.

Random Things does that.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks,
IMarv

Dye trees was in Monster before PR. And I like the biome.

Reactions: RealSketch