Monster 1.1.1 vanilla mobs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
I just started a new server running Monster 1.1.1, but seem to be getting no vanilla hostile mobs at all. Only mobs we have seen have been from Lycanites. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have gone thru the config files, but not seen anything that would have caused this. We have all mods in the pack active if that helps any.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
ok, now I think it is just my server. I tried a ssp world and they seem to spawn just fine. Any help would great.

I have added my server prop file if that helps any.

#Minecraft server properties
#Sat Apr 05 18:15:04 EDT 2014
generator-settings=
op-permission-level=4
allow-nether=true
level-name=Dysfunctional MC
enable-query=true
allow-flight=false
announce-player-achievements=true
server-port=25565
query.port=25565
level-type=BIOMESOP
enable-rcon=false
force-gamemode=false
level-seed=
server-ip=23.235.229.150
max-build-height=256
spawn-npcs=true
white-list=false
spawn-animals=true
hardcore=false
snooper-enabled=true
texture-pack=
online-mode=true
resource-pack=
pvp=true
difficulty=3
enable-command-block=false
server-name=Dysfunctional MC
gamemode=0
player-idle-timeout=0
max-players=20
rcon.port=35665
spawn-monsters=true
view-distance=10
generate-structures=true
motd=Dysfunctional Minecraft

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I don't know the problem, but I suggest you edit out the server IP and enable whitelist since it's been displayed on a public forum. Unless that was a secondary goal.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't care about your passive mob farms, have the server do a /xu_killliving
Back up your world first.

Reactions: Padfoote

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
no passive mob farms right now. Server is only a day old.

As for the white list. seems McMyAdmin adds it's own whitelist controls without the need to add it also to the server prop files.

Seems the killliving command fixed the issue. Did that and came out of my hole in the ground to get killed by a creeper. All seems right in the world again.

Thanks for the help.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Np. This is an SMP issue I'm still trying to figure out. It took me a week to do the lycanite's configs for BnB and I'm using the same ones in Monster. It should keep the mobs fairly balanced, except the strange SMP issue.

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Looks to me like lycanite's is messing it up. After a couple days we get nothing again. There are tons of lycanite mobs running around eating up the spots and they don't seem to despawn, even if no one is in the area.

Lycanite

Jul 29, 2019
My mod does affect the vanilla mobs a little where they are spaced out across various biome types, however this can be disabled in the global LycanitesMobs.cfg config file, it's called something like "Control Vanilla Mobs" set it to false and my mod wont touch them, promise! :p

Edit: You can also go through the other configs and lower the spawn rate of some mobs so that the vanilla ones are more prominent.

Last edited:

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like they are set to false. To adjust the spawn chance do I increase or decrease the spawn chance for each? currently they are all set to 50. Still looks like they are not despawning correctly.

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
From Monster 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 the spawn chance went from 100 down to 50 on everything. most of the spawn weights are close to the same, some variations.

Lycanite

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, well setting all the spawn chances back up to 100 and then halving all the spawn weights should solve it. The problem with spawn chances are that the mob still takes up a spawning slot that a vanilla mob could of used. The vanilla spawning system isn't very exposed by forge, there are a couple of events but there just isn't enough access without replacing it with a custom one so working with it can be a pain lol!
I'll add a global Spawn Weight Scale to the next update so all the spawn weights of this mod can be halved quickly.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
I changed the configs and all seems fine right after I kill everything, but the longer and longer I stay in one spot all I get is the Lyc mobs. I watch the normal mobs spawn on the minimap and eventually despawn. I also see the red question mark mobs spawn ( a lot of the Lyc mobs not known by Zan's) but they never seem to despawn. Only way to get normal mobs to spawn again is to either go kill them myself or just kill everything.

Lycanite

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, which version of Lycanites Mobs is it? 1.4.9 d and below to around 1.8.x has a massive issue where hostile mobs don't seem to despawn at time. It has been compeltely fixed as of 1.4.10+. I recommend 1.4.11c now as it's pretty stable and covers a few other issues.

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.9d is the one that was pushed out with the latest Monster pack. Will go find the newer version and see if I can update it without breaking anything else.

Lycanite

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.9d is the one that was pushed out with the latest Monster pack. Will go find the newer version and see if I can update it without breaking anything else.
Yeah 1.4.11c should fix everything, you'll likely need to generate a new config though and then tweak it as needed. On my server plenty of vanilla mobs are showing up with Control Vanilla Mobs enabled just some are limited to certain biomes such as no Skeletons or Zombies in the desert as Crypt Zombies adn Clinks replace them.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
updated and used the default config settings and all looks right in the world. Despawning is happening and a good mix of mod types again from what I can tell. No need to even kill everything first. Will mess with the config and see if I can get it back to close to what was intended for Monster.

Thanks for the help.

Hatz

Jul 29, 2019
In case anyone stumbles upon this thread again, the issue is definitely with the Lycanite's Mob version that is in the default Monster pack. Update the mod and everything should work. And thanks to the Lycanite's Mobs mod developer for adding a global (Lycanites) spawn rate config setting in the newer versions of the mod!

I posted a thread on how to update found here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ot-spawning-with-lycanite-mobs-enabled.45226/