Monster 1.1.0 and Horizons 2.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSgtPunishment

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone successfully added Galacticraft to Monster yet? I'd like to get the skinny if possible . .

Yeah I've added Galacticraft to Monster, no big problems other than maybe a couple of conflicting ID's, but haven't really touched it YET... but I plan to soon

TheSgtPunishment

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, scratch that, there's a world crashing bug with both compressors from GC... placing is fine (Unless you quit your world and go back onto it) or if you right click... I had to McEdit and delete the compressors out of my world to get it playable again.

Samuel Davidson

Jul 29, 2019
I need help, can any one tell me what to check.

FTB monster forge mod loader has found ID mismatches complete details are in the log file ID 7 is mismatched between world and game.
I am not sure where to check the file but I know the world is newly generated I even copy my config folder on server to my ftb monster folder and still the same error message.

note I am using the Monster (v1.1.0)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I need help, can any one tell me what to check.

FTB monster forge mod loader has found ID mismatches complete details are in the log file ID 7 is mismatched between world and game.
I am not sure where to check the file but I know the world is newly generated I even copy my config folder on server to my ftb monster folder and still the same error message.

note I am using the Monster (v1.1.0)

You have KAMI enabled on either server or client but not the other.

Samuel Davidson

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Eyamaz, I went back at launcher and look at edit pack I did have a thaumictinkerkami in there. I am a person that likes to add all mods, so I can have fun with and learn. so I download the monster server zip and made sure I had all the files and removed all the .disable I added in the edit pack on launcher and restarted server an it work thanks again.

Sadumon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a specific reason that the config of "cleanuptime" in ChickenChunks was changed back to 0 from 1200 (in 1.0.11)? We are having issues where chunks aren't unloading properly. Our /chunkloaders screen shows lots of random chunks that are loaded aside from the ones around players, spawn, or chunkloaders.

Setting the above setting to 0 disables ChickenChunks from trying to clean up loaded chunks, and I'm guessing that is part of the issue. After a few hours of people moving around (or other chunk loads, e.g. rotarycraft borers), there are thousands of chunks loaded and it seems to be causing issues with memory consumption as well as mob spawning.

A restart of the server causes the loaded chunks to reset back to the expected amount and fixes the mob spawn issue, but in a few hours it is back to the same issue.

Here is a screenshot of the /chunkloaders screen with 2 people logged on right before a restart. Note the random chunks all over the place, as well as the number of chunks loaded (over 5,000). Right after a restart, with 2 people logged in, we were at about 1700 chunks loaded.
MJhp2iP.jpg

I'd like to set it back to 1200 (so it does a cleanup every minute or so), but am afraid to do so since I'm guessing there was a specific reason that the setting was changed back to 0 (and therefore disabled).

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a specific reason that the config of "cleanuptime" in ChickenChunks was changed back to 0 from 1200 (in 1.0.11)? We are having issues where chunks aren't unloading properly. Our /chunkloaders screen shows lots of random chunks that are loaded aside from the ones around players, spawn, or chunkloaders.

Setting the above setting to 0 disables ChickenChunks from trying to clean up loaded chunks, and I'm guessing that is part of the issue. After a few hours of people moving around (or other chunk loads, e.g. rotarycraft borers), there are thousands of chunks loaded and it seems to be causing issues with memory consumption as well as mob spawning.

A restart of the server causes the loaded chunks to reset back to the expected amount and fixes the mob spawn issue, but in a few hours it is back to the same issue.

Here is a screenshot of the /chunkloaders screen with 2 people logged on right before a restart. Note the random chunks all over the place, as well as the number of chunks loaded (over 5,000). Right after a restart, with 2 people logged in, we were at about 1700 chunks loaded.
MJhp2iP.jpg

I'd like to set it back to 1200 (so it does a cleanup every minute or so), but am afraid to do so since I'm guessing there was a specific reason that the setting was changed back to 0 (and therefore disabled).

If that's the case, then CB broke something because that is supposed to unload orphan chunks immediately. Try setting it to 1.

Sadumon

Jul 29, 2019
If that's the case, then CB broke something because that is supposed to unload orphan chunks immediately. Try setting it to 1.

I don't think a setting of 1 is what you want, either. My understanding is that this is equivalent to garbage collection -- every X ticks it checks for any chunks to unload (not chunks that have had no activity for X ticks). Every tick (a setting of 1) would probably lag the server badly.

I think a setting of 0 has always disabled the unloading by ChickenChunks since I have seen references to disabling it for compatibility with other mods, hence my wondering if this was intentional or not.

We will try a setting of 1200 (every minute) to see if it fixes the problem or causes other issues.

I wonder if anyone else is having similar issues with chunks or mob spawning in 1.1.0?

Edit: Set it to 1200, restarted the server, and the random chunks that were staying loaded before are now unloaded approximately every minute. Memory usage is down about 50% and we haven't had mob spawn issues either. No stability issues yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanEsh and Eyamaz

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, scratch that, there's a world crashing bug with both compressors from GC... placing is fine (Unless you quit your world and go back onto it) or if you right click... I had to McEdit and delete the compressors out of my world to get it playable again.

Have you ever found a way to fix it?

nick1wasd

Jul 29, 2019
Monster is technically slow's modlist for the Map, with some extra mods he allowed me to add. He does not want AM2 in the pack. Though I maintain the pack and do the configs, what's in and out is ultimately slow's choice.
ahh, ok, thanks

starpredator64

Jul 29, 2019
hey im sorry if this has been answered before but i want to add power crystals and mfr to my custom horizon pack and was wonder how to install it (not sure if it's important but i use a mac).

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019

MJhp2iP.jpg

mmmm... that the same issue I was having with some server that updated with 1.1.1 /special mobs.... showing loaded player chunks all over and mobs not spawning correctly unless /cofh killall command is given I dropped 2 down back to 1.1.0 loaded player chucks went back to normal same world but still having mobs not spawning correctly or not at all lol this is driving me crazy lol

Agarthan

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know anywhere else to put this, there appears to be something wrong with the Monsster 1_1_1 server download, the file takes FOREVER and 7zip doesn't recognize the zip file as an archive. I think it may be a corrupted file.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Could just be the hosting is down or your connection to it isn't strong. Try redownloading later. It happens for me sometimes too, sometimes it'll derp out and sometimes it'll transmit as smooth as silk.

99.99%derpy

Jul 29, 2019
monster a pack that's so awesome i cant have it not because of my RAM but because of my Fps i don't have the worlds best graphics card but cool.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Wonder if we will get another update to monster any day, some mods on the pack are like 4 months outdated already...

Status
Not open for further replies.