moments you realize you majorly overkilled

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Code2501

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.3 I think;

36 automated alvearies running with nocturnal, flyer, cave, longest life, fast pollination, purifying aura (flower), maximum area, 5/5 humidity/temp demonic bees with explorer trait.
Combs processed to phosphor to lava for power and centrifuged (Gregs) for Tin, Electrum, Copper, Tungsten.
Surplus glowstone centrifuged into redstone, gold, helium.
Essentia shards and refactory wax galore for thaumic alchemy and infusions.

Also had a few dozen compact automated arrays each of 16 apiaries with various bee's with similar traits (minus the purifying aura) producing diamond, ruby, platinum, uranium, nickel, iron, and several other ores and gems I since forget.
All of this was running 24x7 chunkloaded on a server for a few weeks resulting in more gold and glowstone than I could ever use and healthy volumes of anything else I could have used a quarry for.

And that was because I hated quarries ruining the terrain, and wanted to see if I could get equivalent, free, sustainable outputs from bees.

The whole thing was automated with Redpower2 and gated BC pipes and never once did I have a problem with it.

Reactions: moded guy 123

totalhamman

Jul 29, 2019
Definition of overkill in a SkyFactory world:

1) Setup 4 towers of 8 Vanilla Cobblegens each utilizing single source block of water and lava each with fully upgraded transfer nodes to create a total of over 10k cobble per second.
2) Setup 26 fully upgraded Dartcraft chests with Single Compressed Cobblestone Item Cards Surrounded by single ME Import Bus and five full-stack Cobblestone ME Export Buses.
3) Dump all of the Single Compressed Cobblestone into another DartCraft chest that compresses the rest of the way to Octuple using 6 more Item Cards.

End result is generating an Octuple Compressed Cobblestone every 21 minutes and taking about 50 minutes to get the 43 million and some change needed to craft another for a final time of just about an hour per Octuple Compressed Cobblestone. However this is just awesome.

What pushes this build from awesome to overkill? Well, this setup required 731 Mj/t to run the ME system alone, so I built a ComputerCraft automated Nether Star farm to power a Nether Star Generator so I would have enough power to handle the cobble stuffs as well as everything else.

Screenshot Proof (Last one was in Creative as I was up close to the generator while running to show a buddy just before taking that screenshot :p)

GZt56dr.png

kXfAB2K.png

1xxrd5X.png

Reactions: MigukNamja

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
What pushes this build from awesome to overkill? Well, this setup required 731 Mj/t to run the ME system alone, so I built a ComputerCraft automated Nether Star farm to power a Nether Star Generator so I would have enough power to handle the cobble stuffs as well as everything else.
What consumes so much power? Are you storing all of the cobble in the ME system?

Oxygene

Jul 29, 2019
There is a term on any server I have hosted called "doing an Oxy". It can basically be summed up as" hey this works well" "cool, let's build ten thousand!!!!" Last exemplified in my ridiculous scrap processing factory pre nerf. I had a YouTube video of it somewhere but not at pc at the moment. I have calmed down more recently...

Reactions: moded guy 123

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
What consumes so much power? Are you storing all of the cobble in the ME system?

Simply the amount of items being injected into the Interfaces I would presume, can't find an exact number anywhere but I would presume it's 1 unit each item so thats 10 000 a sec or 500/t or 100MJ. Same amount for exporting the items into the dartcraft chest so we're at 200MJ/t already, not exactly sure how the system wotks but can easily imagine it going to 700MJ/t

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Simply the amount of items being injected into the Interfaces I would presume, can't find an exact number anywhere but I would presume it's 1 unit each item so thats 10 000 a sec or 500/t or 100MJ. Same amount for exporting the items into the dartcraft chest so we're at 200MJ/t already, not exactly sure how the system wotks but can easily imagine it going to 700MJ/t

Funny, my AE system idles at 400 MJ/t and 700 MJ/t if the MAC is connected. I changed the configs to require four times more power to push AE into a late game thing. Run the whole base off an ender lilly farm currently.

totalhamman

Jul 29, 2019

This is all from memory mind you, been awhile since I played SkyFactory (April).

My ME system idled at about 315 MJ/t so Octuple gen took up 400ish MJ/t.

The other 315 MJ/t was taken up by the IO for everything being connected and items moving around.
I used EnderIO conduits for neatness sake, but by the end of the world I had five full size Magical Crops farms, four smaller farms for less-used stuff, and 4 tiny farm for things like earth, fire, air etc.
Large number of machines (10+ pulverizers, 6 alloy smelters, a dozen redstone furnaces, etc) with all automated crafting.
Massive mob farm that generated so many items to be imported.
Ore processing handled by ME so constant fragments, dusts, blocks going in and out between the Dartcraft chest with cards, tinker smeltery for each ore dust block, tons of autonomous activators.

Basically the whole world was the definition of overkill. Brand new world = 120 stable fps (capped), that world = 25 - 30 fps on avg on the same machine.

I lost my calculations, but when I decided to go with wither power, I was utilizing a sustained 35k+ RF/t without the octuple compressed.

So it was ditch the literally hundreds of lava generators, multiple stacks of EnderIO solars and other random powergen options that were powering everything and lagging my world to hell and back for a much "cleaner" and interesting powergen.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I lost my calculations, but when I decided to go with wither power, I was utilizing a sustained 35k+ RF/t without the octuple compressed.

So it was ditch the literally hundreds of lava generators, multiple stacks of EnderIO solars and other random powergen options that were powering everything and lagging my world to hell and back for a much "cleaner" and interesting powergen.
Lava generators and Ender IO solars produce what, 40 RF/t each? You really had like 900 of these?
YvEN9.png

I would never use even close to one hundred because of lag. I much prefer multiblocks for this (even though BigReactors is a bit too easy IMO), and I really like that TE's dynamos can be upgraded in 1.7.

totalhamman

Jul 29, 2019
Lava generators and Ender IO solars produce what, 40 RF/t each? You really had like 900 of these?
YvEN9.png

I would never use even close to one hundred because of lag. I much prefer multiblocks for this (even though BigReactors is a bit too easy IMO), and I really like that TE's dynamos can be upgraded in 1.7.

Yep, world was the definition of overkill, so much lag....

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
In crash landing I was board so I made 50 sfm ore autoprocesors all connected directly to my 10 transfer node cobble gems all fully upgraded with speed and mining upgrades
Then made a sfm autocrafter for 64k storage and me drives connected to it all being powered by a big reactors 5x5x5 geld cryothium reactor.......

I ran out of pcb's in 10 minutes.......

Then crashed after 15 minutes.......

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
See a BReactor a friend made that does 175k RF/t, decide to make one for yourself for no other reason than you can. I really need to find something to use all that power on...I'm wondering if you could screw with MFR laser drills by putting them in the bedrock dimension...

Reactions: pc_assassin