Modular Furnace 2

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea. I may toy around with that. It would have to be balanced using both methods, the y level determines how effective it is while the distance multiplies the effect. Could work. Keep watching and see what comes out
Yeah, that sounds smart. That way a reasonably powerful furnace could be built at any y-level, but you couldn't build a "high-powered" version without large amounts of resources.
I'll be keeping an eye out, for sure. :)

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that sounds smart. That way a reasonably powerful furnace could be built at any y-level, but you couldn't build a "high-powered" version without large amounts of resources.
I'll be keeping an eye out, for sure. :)
I'm glad you are interested in it. I love having ideas suggested. I have just added a feature to allow you to add in extra block ids to ban. This will be very helpful for server owners as they can ban the formation of some blocks. The issue came up when someone mentioned he could mine bedrock by forming the furnace and breaking the furnace to get the block. I added some more things like diamond ore to the banned list and added the option to add ids yourself for server owners in particular as I can not ban blocks from mods, easily at least.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Shoutout to the Beyond Reality mod pack team. They have put together a pretty stable mod pack for 1.6.4 and now I can proudly say that modular furnace is part of that pack. There are about 200 mods and are in final testing states before the major release. I encourage you to check them out and give them some support. They are great people who really know what they are doing. Check them out at http://www.mcbeyondreality.com/. They have huge potential so lets help them get started.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I like mulitblock stuff I wish more moders were willing to work outside the single block. It adds a sort of feel and weight to something when it has size and customization. There is a level of realisim to things like this I miss in minecraft mods over all.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
I like mulitblock stuff I wish more moders were willing to work outside the single block. It adds a sort of feel and weight to something when it has size and customization. There is a level of realisim to things like this I miss in minecraft mods over all.
I agree. I don't like that a little one block furnace can smelt iron ore and things like that. Sure it takes up more room but it feels more realistic

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
I've got something you might like coming up. The video is processing and when it is ready I will post it here. It has to do with a mod I am working on. I made this mod originally about 9 months ago in somewhere around 1.3 and had kept it updated. However it was not very well coded and I knew to make the changes would be too much so I scrapped it and rewrote it from scratch. When you see the video, you will see why this was a good idea as it allows me to add tons of content easily with the new knowledge I have from a year of modding and studying my major. I really think it has potential and would love to hear what you think about it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've got something you might like coming up. The video is processing and when it is ready I will post it here. It has to do with a mod I am working on. I made this mod originally about 9 months ago in somewhere around 1.3 and had kept it updated. However it was not very well coded and I knew to make the changes would be too much so I scrapped it and rewrote it from scratch. When you see the video, you will see why this was a good idea as it allows me to add tons of content easily with the new knowledge I have from a year of modding and studying my major. I really think it has potential and would love to hear what you think about it.

this was something that shadwdrgn from Soul Shards was thinking of adding aswell, tools infused with mob powers. like a creeper pickaxe that'd mine a 3x3 area

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
this was something that shadwdrgn from Soul Shards was thinking of adding aswell, tools infused with mob powers. like a creeper pickaxe that'd mine a 3x3 area
Interesting. I have been playing around with the idea for a while but haven't added all the effects I wanted to yet. If you are in contact with him let him know and I would be happy to help him out

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone be interested in helping me test the new update? It changes core code and I want to make sure it is stable before I release it. So far I haven't found anyhing wrong but you never know. I have caught little things here and there but they seem to be fixed. Should you want to test, reply here or pm me. Just find a way to contact me and I'll send you the file for some testing.
I'll help test if you want :D Always loved testing things!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. I have been playing around with the idea for a while but haven't added all the effects I wanted to yet. If you are in contact with him let him know and I would be happy to help him out

I'm not exactly in contact with him. I heard him say a few of these things in direwolf's episodes and I used to watch his LP's, but he stopped doing for a few months now...

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not exactly in contact with him. I heard him say a few of these things in direwolf's episodes and I used to watch his LP's, but he stopped doing for a few months now...
Oh well. I'm sure he will find a way to make it work with his mod

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Got all the picks working.
Creeper Pick: Mines a 3x3 area based on what way you are facing (TiC hammer)
Ender Pick: Instead of spawning the drop in the world, it is placed directly in your inventory
Spider Pick: Slik Touch
Blaze Pick: Auto-Smelting

I know this is a thread for Modular Furnace, but I am letting it get out and added to servers and mod packs and not just adding content so quickly. This mod however is exciting to me and I always get amazing feedback from this forum. So let me know what you guys think and if you would prefer if I make a new thread for Mob Tools or continue updating here as it is developing.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it's not a bad thing you're talking about your new mod here. just remember if the new mod is approaching a good release version and a bigger user-base you might want to make a topic for it, otherwise your modular furnace mod will lose it's spotlight ;)