Modular Furnace 2

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Fixed a bug that prevents you from getting back the block once broken and active. All good in newest version

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
It continues with the bug fixes. Random bug fixes but important ones. Sometimes when you get focused on doing complicated things you forget the simple ones like what block is dropped when broken. Oops

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Did some work and now you can use more decoration blocks. There is a list of banned blocks from vanilla but other than that if it's a normal cube that is not a doesn't have a tile entity it will grab it's texture and use it in the formation of the furnace. The only issues that come up are when you form it with a block that has meta data, it will write the base value, which is why stained clay is on the banned blocks list. There doesn't seem to be a way around this unfortunaly due to the limitations of the game itself, you just can't get the value of the block in a specific location without horrible consequences. But it is better than just cobblestone as a base material, the picture sums it up. If you don't like the hopper ring, with another new feature of custom overlays you can just make it a blank image and then the rings are gone. It is now easier to make your furnace look just like you want it than ever before. This is a new system that directly effects the core of the mod so I won't be releasing it until I can really test it. Right now there is a big issue with updating to this version. Let me know what you guys think of this change though

vvsqzLy.png

Reactions: PierceSG

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone be interested in helping me test the new update? It changes core code and I want to make sure it is stable before I release it. So far I haven't found anyhing wrong but you never know. I have caught little things here and there but they seem to be fixed. Should you want to test, reply here or pm me. Just find a way to contact me and I'll send you the file for some testing.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that pops to mind with the crafting interface is that it could add a new layer to crafting. Not to step on the toes of TiCo but do you have plans for crafting->smelting sort of recipes for alloys or other options? Toss in something in the crafting gird to smelt the results.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that pops to mind with the crafting interface is that it could add a new layer to crafting. Not to step on the toes of TiCo but do you have plans for crafting->smelting sort of recipes for alloys or other options? Toss in something in the crafting gird to smelt the results.

Hmm, I kinda like that. The only issue I have is I wouldn't really have a use for the alloys. This is a furnace mod and I'm not going to do like some mods and just throw whatever I want into it. I am thinking of one in particular but I won't say which one as I don't want to cause any arguments. I may have a use for that though, perhaps just different ways to get normal things. Not sure. I will for sure think about it. If you have any other ideas let me know. So many great features come from people's suggestions

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If you have any other ideas let me know. So many great features come from people's suggestions

Ideas? These are random and some might be useless.

Multi-Queue Block : Basicly allowing effectively 1 3x3x3 furance to act as more then one. So maybe a block that can add a second or third furnace GUI and maybe a way to pair that with an IO so that this huge thing can process multiple jobs at the same time.

Fuel Storage Block : A smiple chest like interface block that can hold mutliple stacks of your fuel of choice.

Packer Core : A block that will auto combine output into storage blocks before sending to the IO. IE will take 9 ore ingots and pack into ore storage block before shiping. Yeah basicly a vary simple toggle on/off sort of autocrafter of limited use.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Ideas? These are random and some might be useless.

Multi-Queue Block : Basicly allowing effectively 1 3x3x3 furance to act as more then one. So maybe a block that can add a second or third furnace GUI and maybe a way to pair that with an IO so that this huge thing can process multiple jobs at the same time.

Fuel Storage Block : A smiple chest like interface block that can hold mutliple stacks of your fuel of choice.

Packer Core : A block that will auto combine output into storage blocks before sending to the IO. IE will take 9 ore ingots and pack into ore storage block before shiping. Yeah basicly a vary simple toggle on/off sort of autocrafter of limited use.
I really like the last two. The one that I like the most and will probably implement is the storage one. The packaging one takes away one of the best features from factorization and I feel it does it well. However, the stage one is really cool. Maybe use the hopper gui and have it auto refill. I'll look into that

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
Could you make the mod metal ingots rely on a mod having said ingot? Installing this without mods with copper (forestry, ic2) still gives me the copper based thaumcraft research and thaumic tinker corporeal attractors require me having unobtainable ingots.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Could you make the mod metal ingots rely on a mod having said ingot? Installing this without mods with copper (forestry, ic2) still gives me the copper based thaumcraft research and thaumic tinker corporeal attractors require me having unobtainable ingots.

Perhaps somewhere down the line I can. Right now I am doing a ton of work making it so much more solid. The smeltery will someday get an update but not quite right now. I didn't even think that that would happen though. Strange. However, I will probably add recipes to get those ingots using vanilla things.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Will be posting a video detailing the new texture system soon. Got it to work as I want it to plus change to the algorithm

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking about adding blocks that generate power. Possibly from solar or something like that. Not too sure yet though. Let me know if you guys have any ideas for power generation/other fuel sources. I don't want to use integration with bc/eu because there are mods that do that already in one block.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking about adding blocks that generate power. Possibly from solar or something like that. Not too sure yet though. Let me know if you guys have any ideas for power generation/other fuel sources. I don't want to use integration with bc/eu because there are mods that do that already in one block.
How about a more realistic take on geothermal power? (In other words, NOT lava, though you could do that too if you wanted).
I'm imagining running "geothermal piping" into the ground. The deeper in the ground, the more heat, and thus the more/faster fueling it provides. You could just have a single "geothermal piping block" to build downwards with if you want to keep it simple, or you could add in return piping, a geothermal grid located at the deepest point, the need to supply water/steam, etc. depending on how complex you want it to be.

The potential balancing issue that might come up would be cases where the furnace itself is already located at a low y-level. So you'd have to decide if the geothermal power was based on absolute y-level, difference in y-level from the furnace itself, or some other method that I haven't thought of...

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
How about a more realistic take on geothermal power? (In other words, NOT lava, though you could do that too if you wanted).
I'm imagining running "geothermal piping" into the ground. The deeper in the ground, the more heat, and thus the more/faster fueling it provides. You could just have a single "geothermal piping block" to build downwards with if you want to keep it simple, or you could add in return piping, a geothermal grid located at the deepest point, the need to supply water/steam, etc. depending on how complex you want it to be.

The potential balancing issue that might come up would be cases where the furnace itself is already located at a low y-level. So you'd have to decide if the geothermal power was based on absolute y-level, difference in y-level from the furnace itself, or some other method that I haven't thought of...
I like the idea. I may toy around with that. It would have to be balanced using both methods, the y level determines how effective it is while the distance multiplies the effect. Could work. Keep watching and see what comes out