Modular Furnace 2

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. A while back I posted an early build of this mod here. It has come a long way and I feel it would mesh well with the mods in the FTB modpack. However, even if you don't agree with that I could really use the feedback. This community has been very helpful in the past and have given me ideas that I ended up implementing. This mod has taken a lot of work and is my main mod that I am working on as of now. I think it has come a long way but still has potential.

Too long didnt read:
If you can
A) Give feedback
B) Help with development
C) Give any other support
please give this mod a look.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Mod: http://pauljoda.com/modular-furnace-2.html

Latest Update Video:

Last edited:

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
At a glance, this looks very interesting. I've bookmarked it and I'll take a more indepth look when I have some free time.
Are you interested in just your Modular Furnace mod being used in modpacks or would you be willing to see your other mods be integrated too?

I'd imagine MobTools and Vulcan's Revenge especially would be better suited in an RPG-style modpack like hexxit, however.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
At a glance, this looks very interesting. I've bookmarked it and I'll take a more indepth look when I have some free time.
Are you interested in just your Modular Furnace mod being used in modpacks or would you be willing to see your other mods be integrated too?

I'd imagine MobTools and Vulcan's Revenge especially would be better suited in an RPG-style modpack like hexxit, however.

Thanks for the interest. I would love for any of my mods to be in mod packs. The only reason I didn't list them on the page is because Vulcan's Revenge is just finishing testing with other mods and servers. I would love for it to be in packs and servers. However, Mob Tools is basically going to be rewritten from scratch. I like it but the code is poor and it was the first mod I made. I have come a long way and know how to properly code. So at some point I will rewrite it

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I've made a mod suggestion for 1.6 in this topic about this mod.
May help you get some attention. Feel free to add any information about it there too.

I like this idea. It's pretty cool considering multiblock constructs seem to be the "in-thing" with a majority of big-name mods like Railcraft, Thaumcraft, Applied Energistics and such.

Your biggest contender in my opinion would be either Thermal Expansion or Tinker's Construct.
If you haven't already, it might be worth looking into including a liquid fuel module to use Lava/Oil/Fuel/Biofuel instead of coal or such. Food for thought.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
I've made a mod suggestion for 1.6 in this topic about this mod.
May help you get some attention. Feel free to add any information about it there too.

I like this idea. It's pretty cool considering multiblock constructs seem to be the "in-thing" with a majority of big-name mods like Railcraft, Thaumcraft, Applied Energistics and such.

Your biggest contender in my opinion would be either Thermal Expansion or Tinker's Construct.
If you haven't already, it might be worth looking into including a liquid fuel module to use Lava/Oil/Fuel/Biofuel instead of coal or such. Food for thought.

Thanks for the suggestion. I do think that someday down the line there will be a block that allows you to use liquid fuels. The mod was originally made to make the vanilla furnace seem a little more plauable as a little block can't melt iron ore. To me this just seems more realistic. In fact, the early mod only had two blocks you could make it out of, redstone and glowstone. Redstone has the same function but glowstone is what is today iron. I am glad I made the change and it wasn't until the last big update that I changed the references in the code from glowstone to iron. Just some fun facts to show this mod is far from finished and can change

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
This mod is really coming along!

I love your Modular Furnace I/O block. It does exactly what is needed... it lets you automatically put stuff in, including fuel. For outputting, put a hopper underneath. You can fully automate your furnaces now!

Also, Dynamic Textures! YES! You have no idea how happy this makes me.

Does the smeltery actually give you increased ingot output from ores? What is its function, other than turning cobble into glass?

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
This looks cool.

+another mod to throw into my heap of mods that some would call a modpack in 1.7.

Edit: Oooooooh, crafting cores. definitely going in now.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
This mod is really coming along!

I love your Modular Furnace I/O block. It does exactly what is needed... it lets you automatically put stuff in, including fuel. For outputting, put a hopper underneath. You can fully automate your furnaces now!

Also, Dynamic Textures! YES! You have no idea how happy this makes me.

Does the smeltery actually give you increased ingot output from ores? What is its function, other than turning cobble into glass?

The smeltery does double ore outputs. I am going to make a video showing how the whole thing works soon. There is an issue with balance, however it is a pain to make the thing with all that obsidian and even if you can make the thing easily you need flint to grid with, .5 flint per ore, and that is harder than you would think to do. The reason I like it so much is that you can put in any 'copper' ore and get the same copper ingot out regardless of what mod adds it. This way you don't have 3 different copper ingots that don't stack in your chests.

But yeah, I'm glad you like it. I seem to recall you posting on this when it was in it's early stages and yes it has come very far. Oh and Dynamic Textures are my favorite part too :). I hate having to get patches for mods if I want to use Sphax or any other texture pack. Such a relief that this mod adapts. You could say its...Modular...[DOUBLEPOST=1383714318][/DOUBLEPOST]
This looks cool.

+another mod to throw into my heap of mods that some would call a modpack in 1.7.

Edit: Oooooooh, crafting cores. definitely going in now.

Have fun :). The crafting core was actually a joke by my friend. I asked him if he had any ideas and he said to combine the crafting GUI into it, so I did. (It was a pain for an early modder but so worth it) Looking back it was not that bad but that was my first experience with custom GUI's and I had difficulty getting it to work in any sensible way.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
Looks very interesting. Will take it for a run later today. Could you possibly make a component that integrates with factorization silver?

PowerfulMoss

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a good mod and concept which I woild definitely use if it were in a future modpack.
My only suggestion is this:
If I made a modular furnace I would almost certainly not use redstone/emerald or diamond blocks purely on looks. If I could craft a redstone portion from perhaps a redstone block surrounded by stone bricks. Which looked similar but glowed red in the cracks it would, imo, fit in more with the overall look of the structure. Just a thought but would love it if you implemented something such as this.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Looks very interesting. Will take it for a run later today. Could you possibly make a component that integrates with factorization silver?

I will be adding more ore support soon. It's sort of on a test drive right now. Got to make sure it works well before adding in more things[DOUBLEPOST=1383766853][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looks like a good mod and concept which I woild definitely use if it were in a future modpack.
My only suggestion is this:
If I made a modular furnace I would almost certainly not use redstone/emerald or diamond blocks purely on looks. If I could craft a redstone portion from perhaps a redstone block surrounded by stone bricks. Which looked similar but glowed red in the cracks it would, imo, fit in more with the overall look of the structure. Just a thought but would love it if you implemented something such as this.

There may be an item coming soon that lets you change what texture is on the blocks. Make it a little more hidden

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
I will be adding more ore support soon. It's sort of on a test drive right now. Got to make sure it works well before adding in more things
I meant put in silver ore and get silver and lead ingots. Perhaps with the smeltery?

I've tested the mod. I'm rather impressed with it. Can we use (plain) stone bricks in the casing?

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
I meant put in silver ore and get silver and lead ingots. Perhaps with the smeltery?

I've tested the mod. I'm rather impressed with it. Can we use (plain) stone bricks in the casing?
I can look into the lead silver thing but not too sure. If it is a mod specific item I would rather not as the point of the smeltery is to make mods work well together and make it universal ingots. As for the casing, do you mean like building the normal modular furnace? As of now, no. In the future, I am working on making it so that you can use any block and some blocks work better than others. Of course, using wood wouldn't work but most blocks will hopefully be supported.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
I can look into the lead silver thing but not too sure. If it is a mod specific item I would rather not as the point of the smeltery is to make mods work well together and make it universal ingots.
The slag furnace from factorization gives lead and silver ingots from smelting silver ore (no lead ore). Now that I think of it, it really wouldn't fit.
I typically need to repeatedly ask myself "Is this important enough for you to do it yourself?" when using new (to me) mods. :p

As for the casing, do you mean like building the normal modular furnace? As of now, no. In the future, I am working on making it so that you can use any block and some blocks work better than others. Of course, using wood wouldn't work but most blocks will hopefully be supported.
I was just confused that the modular core requires stone bricks but the casing can't use them. Not really a feature request.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
The slag furnace from factorization gives lead and silver ingots from smelting silver ore (no lead ore). Now that I think of it, it really wouldn't fit.
I typically need to repeatedly ask myself "Is this important enough for you to do it yourself?" when using new (to me) mods. :p

I was just confused that the modular core requires stone bricks but the casing can't use them. Not really a feature request.

Early on, the default texture of all the blocks in the furnace used the stone brick texture and I understand that wasn't a feature request but it reminded me of something I was planning on doing

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for posting this here. I've been looking for this mod for four days now. I found it while browsing through the Minecraft forums, searching for mods I feel mesh well with the rest of my pack and, made the mistake of not downloading it while I had the chance. My browser crashed, I lost my browsing history and, couldn't find your mod. My girlfriend loves the simplicity of it and, I feel it'll provide a nice post industrialization experience for my friends who don't quite understand how any of the tech mods work.

Reactions: Pauljoda

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for posting this here. I've been looking for this mod for four days now. I found it while browsing through the Minecraft forums, searching for mods I feel mesh well with the rest of my pack and, made the mistake of not downloading it while I had the chance. My browser crashed, I lost my browsing history and, couldn't find your mod. My girlfriend loves the simplicity of it and, I feel it'll provide a nice post industrialization experience for my friends who don't quite understand how any of the tech mods work.

Oh, cheers man. Love to hear you like the mod. I will always update on my website so if you ever need to find it (or any of my other mods) they are always at pauljoda.com. Glad you like it though. It is true, I like that even people new to mods can enjoy it but those who are mod junkies can still find use in it since you can really automate it.

Pauljoda

Jul 29, 2019
Sent a small update. Make the I/O a little easier to understand and change some recipes