Mods decided to make it impossible to make solar power!!!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

earthmage7

Jul 29, 2019
Why did the recipe for advanced solar panels have to change? I could live with the expensive hybrid and ultimate solar panel recipes but now advanced too? I could even handle silicon plates. Now I am so frustrated that I don't want to play. You now require iridium AND uu-matter just to make an advanced solar panel! Why did it change?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
*Sighs* When will these people ever learn? Just disable Gregtech if you don't like it? FTB provides the simplest way ever to add or remove mods! If you don't understand that, why do you even play MC? However, if you like Gregtech, you can download Velotican's Ultimate Config Pack, which includes a Gregtech Easy Mode Config.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I thought it was advanced solars itself that changed the recipe? Besides, solars are horrendously OP as it is; solars making UU matter gives us another version of the energy collector.

Tolgrimm

Jul 29, 2019
Was that even a GregTech change?

Also, what the two posters above me said. Get creative.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Start playing with diesel generator and fuel, and it's the default change by ASP author. If you really like solar, as someone suggested above, compact solar is probably easier (since GT has added an alternate generator recipe that use aluminium hull instead of machine block, OMFG now I know how to use those aluminium :D).

Also, for the uum cost, if you think it's too much, I suggested you to delete 1 digit from default Gregtech to 1,666,666 eu/uum.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
CRYING OVER SPILT MILK

crying-over-spilled-milk.jpg

With that out of the way, it's time to just ignore the obvious troll.

I, personally, consider the changes to the advanced solar panel to be a good deal silly. It moves advanced solar panels into the endgame, which means that we're just going to have more people robbing the nether for lava.

A more logical move would have been to require that solar panels needed a supply of something (carbon plates would have made sense), or something like that, but there are still Compact Solar Panels if you're willing to install that mod (as I'm sure people will be given this change).

Reactions: Geometry

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
A more logical move would have been to require that solar panels needed a supply of something (carbon plates would have made sense), or something like that, but there are still Compact Solar Panels if you're willing to install that mod (as I'm sure people will be given this change).

having carbon plates instead of coal dust would have been a pretty smart move.

edit: 1000th post ftw

Reactions: Saice

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
having carbon plates instead of coal dust would have been a pretty smart move.

edit: 1000th post ftw

I don't think they require a constant supply of coal dust, do they? That'd work, too. The idea being automation would be required, and you could balance off of that. As it stands, most people end up freaking out because they don't have an upkeep cost (although a good system won't either, such as a Steve's Cart tree farm, nether lava pump, or whatnot).

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think they require a constant supply of coal dust, do they? That'd work, too. The idea being automation would be required, and you could balance off of that. As it stands, most people end up freaking out because they don't have an upkeep cost (although a good system won't either, such as a Steve's Cart tree farm, nether lava pump, or whatnot).
well, I just mean regular solar panels (sans GT) require 3 coal dust, and maybe changing that to 3 carbon plates would be a good move. (maybe reinf glass instead of standard glass? adv machine block, adv circuits?)
random ideas being thrown around here :p

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
well, I just mean regular solar panels (sans GT) require 3 coal dust, and maybe changing that to 3 carbon plates would be a good move. (maybe reinf glass instead of standard glass? adv machine block, adv circuits?)
random ideas being thrown around here :p

Maybe, but what I meant would be that the solar panels would require replacement carbon plates similar to how the steam turbine requires a replacement turbine every so often. Balance it so you aren't replacing carbon plates all of the time, and make it hard to automate, and you're good to go. It isn't as if coal is all that rare, eh?

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
*Morvy Magic!*

Please do not quote the trolls. <3

Go back to your hovel and think long and hard about what you've done.
Once you regret every single one of your life decisions you will be ready to return to society as a semi-functioning (although ugly) human being.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Go back to your hovel and think long and hard about what you've done.
Once you regret every single one of your life decisions you will be ready to return to society as a semi-functioning (although ugly) human being.

You're late to the party, the cleanup is already done and buried.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Like the others said. Solars are OP. I like using Solars because they are OP. OP makes me happy, except in the case of EE2. But I like OP better when it is expensive, unlike EE2. I think this is a great change.
EDIT: I made this as simple as possible for the young children like CommanderDuesk on this thread.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe, but what I meant would be that the solar panels would require replacement carbon plates similar to how the steam turbine requires a replacement turbine every so often. Balance it so you aren't replacing carbon plates all of the time, and make it hard to automate, and you're good to go. It isn't as if coal is all that rare, eh?
ahhhh, that would be pretty decent... I'm not too learned on rl solar panels and why they work, but would there be a need for parts to be replaced in an RL solar panel?