Modpack Recipe: Survival Industry (Link)

Budy8760_Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Its not a finished One, just a sketch that I made, And I do see Reteo, so thats why I said Ill show it to you later

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, here we go:

Logo.png

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
welp. pack approved, i can't get to it. guys try this code see if you can: survivalindustry

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Same here. Aside from this, the blurb might need some work, but all in all, I'm quite pleased. :) Here's to hoping it goes listed. ;)

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Something... interesting about the mod list: It appears that Villager's Nose is a part of it. Is that intentional? :p

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I... don't think so. It wasn't in the spreadsheet link earlier in this thread, and it's a little sillier than I really prefer in my modpacks.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, Gerb... did you remember to scale the icon and banner down to their recommended sizes before submitting them? The images I provided were many times larger than FTB would accept, just so you can have originals in the case standards changed.

As for the noses, after downloading the modpack, I checked its folder; Villager noses are nowhere to be found; this is likely a mistake in the synopsis. I also noticed that quite a few mods were missing:
  • Advanced Genetics
  • BuildCraft 7 (builders/core/energy/silicon)
  • Dynamic Lights
  • ExtraTiC and TiCTooltips
  • Garden Stuff
  • RFTools
  • Sound Filters
  • All non-Base Project Red components (compat/fabrication/integration/lighting/world)
  • MAtmos prerequisites (practicalxml and kdgcommons)
If all the mods were intended to be included, then you might need to double-check your modlist.

JourneyMap, on the other hand, I had removed as a requirement because it was pretty greedy for system memory, and was a crutch to pathfinding strategies. I would recommend it as a .disabled file so players who really want that map can enable it, but by default it really should be off.

While running the game for the first time, I noticed a test creative map in the Singleplayer games. Was this intentional?

As for the Blurb, here's how I see it going:

"Survival Industry is a progressive challenge pack, designed to be difficult, but not too difficult.

Your goals are to survive, automate, and go nuts. How you go about this is entirely up to you; there is a progression, but it is not absolute. If you manage to make it to the endgame, you have a number of mad science specialties to choose from (or collect).

The world is a tougher place. Hunger has been made more important. Animals will fight back, and villagers will defend their homes if you damage them. Fatigue has been added; you need to sleep... and sleep won't keep the monsters away, so shelter is now much more important. Seasons have been added, and animals and plants have life cycles. Ore is much harder to locate, and you can't mine it all right away.

As for the monsters, they are the same as they always were, but they're not. They're more alert. More flexible. And they work together. Many have new abilities. And nighttime means horde mode... especially during the Blood Moon.

But as hard as things might get, remember, it's not all against you. Flesh wounds heal quickly. Food can be found everywhere, and can be made into a vast array of nutritious recipes. Greenhouses can be constructed to deal with the seasons. And alternatives to mob drops are found in nature, if you take the time to explore. Flowers can indicate where which ores are in the world, and when you find a vein, you can get stacks of ore from it, which can eventually be multiplied many times over. The more you mine, fight, or farm, the more effective you become. And a huge array of machinery is available to do your bidding, as well as energy sources ranging from a simple redstone-powered engine, all the way up to high-output nuclear reactors.

The world is a harder place. But you're up to the task. And once you get started, you're more than capable of establishing your own Survival Industry."

Last edited: