Modpack Recipe: Survival Industry (Link)

Dulciphi

Jul 29, 2019
lol "simply" indicate the presence of specific ores ..which is simply massively helpful when using your Custom Ore Gen settings. Yeah I very much like the idea of Ore Flowers. I don't, however, like the idea of growing ores with flowers ;)

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
the reika premissions is harder than it looks, but i will get it (at some point) XD

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
other than that after i get the reika permissions i think it will take me about a day or two until i submit the pack

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Not that hard. Just promise to follow his five rules (describing them in your own words when you do to prove you understand them) on his minecraftforum.net thread. As for the "not allowing others" parts, he doesn't expect you to enforce them, just make sure the downloaders know his rules. Railcraft is the hard one, since, while you don't need to ask permission, they require a page showing all the mods, including links to their forum pages, download pages, and proofs of permission.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
not that hard, i have it in google sheets anyway, it just means i have to get it last

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
reika premmisions check
other than that, probbobly will be released soon, was occupied so sorry :(

Dulciphi

Jul 29, 2019
heh no worries. Not a kick up the bum. I was more interested in letting you know I'm still interested. Thanks.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
If you do post it, keep an eye on the original thread; I'm currently working on overhauling the balance of all the mods' oregens to better fit the mods' original intents.

Additionally, JeffPeng is working on a mod for the In-Game Wiki that will document content within the modpack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dulciphi

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
on the thread you said some things about things that must be changed in configs. were they changed in the configs you gave or do i need to change it?

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, near the end of the thread, I linked to a GitHub with both config and MineTweaker 3 script. You can get them here.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
i know that, my question is if you actually update it when you say, like in the start with nether ores to turn the explosions off.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I added that setting to 'config/powercrystals/netherores.cfg' already, along with disabling hellfish and mob anger. The config is in that github link I provided. If that doesn't answer your question, then I don't understand your question.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
that does answer the question, the question was just if the things you write in the post as update from some time are actually already in the config to download or do i need to do them myself.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
i might add ore flowers later if at all. because there are no explenations for the premissions and i can't get an answer from the mode creator

edit: mod*

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
btw, until 11 GMT+3 today (for me at least it's today) or before it will probobly be ready for submission.
watching a soaryn stream and fixing all the premmisions :)

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
The Ore Flowers mod author, Draco18s, can be pretty easily contacted on his "Reasonable Realism" thread here. I can't imagine he'd have too much trouble with this one, considering that Ore Flowers was split off from Harder Ores explicitly for Survival Industry (check out page 2 for the conversation leading to Ore Flowers, if you don't believe me. ;) )

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
If you do, make sure you get the latest copy of the configurations; I've just completed a massive overhaul of the ore generation configuration; it should now be much more in-line with how the mods expect the ore to generate.