Modpack Download without launcher

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
you can stick with your overpriced fruit machines... I'm quite happy with my non-failing, able to play whateverthehellIwant PC, thanks.
Do you know the real reason why (Lord) Gabe Newell hates Windows 8? He hated it because one its terrible, and two Microsoft was going to make Windows a closed platform like a smart phone. Basically Windows 8+ was going to be you could only download applications from the Windows Store. I bet now you're saying why not put Steam on the Windows Store? The reason for that is because the Windows Store has a rule "No stores within the Windows store". Which in fact Steam is a store because you can buy games from there. The only way around that rule was if Steam got license by Microsoft. Which won't happen for two reasons, one Gaben already pissed off Microsoft. Two Steam and now the Steam Machines are a competitor to Microsoft's peasant box. Do you understand now why Windows is failing? If you have any other questions, be sure to ask? :D[DOUBLEPOST=1388939202][/DOUBLEPOST]
(netbooks/chromebooks aren't real laptops, they are just big tablet)
There's no such thing as a "real laptop". If it's a computer and portable its a laptop. The Chromebooks/Netbooks are computers that are designed to be cheap and get you on the internet.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Do you know the real reason why (Lord) Gabe Newell hates Windows 8? He hated it because one its terrible, and two Microsoft was going to make Windows a closed platform like a smart phone. Basically Windows 8+ was going to be you could only download applications from the Windows Store. I bet now you're saying why not put Steam on the Windows Store? The reason for that is because the Windows Store has a rule "No stores within the Windows store". Which in fact Steam is a store because you can buy games from there. The only way around that rule was if Steam got license by Microsoft. Which won't happen for two reasons, one Gaben already pissed off Microsoft. Two Steam and now the Steam Machines are a competitor to Microsoft's peasant box. Do you understand now why Windows is failing? If you have any other questions, be sure to ask? :D
Windows 7 here, all of your comments are now invalid ;)

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
I would. They're not stupid.
I'm not sure about the new Windows team, but the old one that worked on Windows 8 was quite dumb (The old team got fired after 8). I mean they would make companies put UEFI mother boards in their computers, but not make them install a touch screen LCD for a touch screen OS. I don't understand their logic, I bet Windows 8 is going to be like Windows Vista. It sucks for a while and than Microsoft releases a OS that would save them.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
End the flame war people (you know who you are). The end of it is each OS (Apple, Windows, Linux, etc. yes there are more :p) has things that are better for some people for example:

Apple: simple OS, nice programming, and fast processor

Windows: great compatibility and easy to learn OS

Linux: complicated OS (non-Ubuntu) that gives great power to user, but can be simplified (Ubuntu)

I need Mac for the programming and processor
You need Windows for compatibility
You need Linux for the great things you can do on that system.

So we each need one for a reason end of story.

To answer the OP's question there is no nicely packaged download w/o launcher, but I can make launcher work with Mac with a command file.

If you want it I can send it to your email. Forum admins this is not a cracked version just a way to run the launcher on Mac.

Reactions: Darth Sith

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Due to what I've heard here I am installing an Ubuntu instance on my mac (Windows to expensive right now) this will allow me to choose. Say I could use it for gaming what do you guys think :D

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
You'll have more games on Ubuntu Linux via Steam and Ubuntu One.
Due to what I've heard here I am installing an Ubuntu instance on my mac (Windows to expensive right now) this will allow me to choose. Say I could use it for gaming what do you guys think :D

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Going to continue working on install in morning. My Mac does not have a disk drive so I had to use Wine + a Windows program to burn to a USB. Still having problems with loading up the desktop, but the core terminal does load up if anyone has suggestions please leave them