Modpack Download without launcher

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
right now, people who have illegal versions of minecraft cannot play the FTB launcher. If a modpack could be got that did not require the launcher, then said arseholes would be able to play the mods without a legit sign in. They'd be able to do so anyway, but would also have to screw around with configs after downloading each individual mod.
Not actually true. Forge includes an anti-piracy feature in it, so even if you could download the modpack without the launcher, you would still need a premium minecraft account to play it.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Don't you have to log in to Minecraft at least once to play? It shouldn't let you play offline before you have verified you are allowed to play.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Not actually true. Forge includes an anti-piracy feature in it, so even if you could download the modpack without the launcher, you would still need a premium minecraft account to play it.
didn't know that but am very happy to hear it :)

FallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
ill say this now, even though it was almost a yr ago, forge may do that but its still easy to get around , most of my friends at school dont have legit, i do though, they use a cracked launcher of minecraft that works in 1.6.4 ,1.7.2 etc and forge works with it. ftb u need a legit and honestly my mac doesnt work with it either , and i wish they provided some kind of way to get the modpack without requiring java 6. idk why they havent updated to java 7. if u need proof of owning mc, then that could be simple. and make it to where it works on java 7.. IDK

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
A download without the launcher is NOT going to happen, so don't bother asking... If it only opens FTB up to the pirates a little bit, it's a headache they don't need. If you want the modpack without the launcher the answer is simple, download it yourself from all the mod authors sites.

Forge doesn't really have a piracy check, it just checks to see if MC is validated which is what the cracked versions do in the first place...

Oh and buy a damn PC...

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
As far as configs go, there was a release somewhere (can't remember where but I downloaded it about the same time as the 1.6.4 packs got released on FTB) for universal configs that FTB uses. So yeah, grab that and download each individual mod and that's the only you can get FTB without the launcher.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
This is turning into personal life discussion.
Back on the OP's topic, final answer at the end of the day is "No".

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Try launcher the .jar file. It works for me :p[DOUBLEPOST=1388879764][/DOUBLEPOST]
And I'm even running super old OS X 10.6.8 :p
Funny it does not work for me unless I use the method above with a command file:p [DOUBLEPOST=1388880826][/DOUBLEPOST]
Obviously it did yes, and as such you probably shouldn't repost it again :/
Sorry I did please tell if I need to delete with the disclaimer just trying to help :)

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Funny it does not work for me unless I use the method above with a command file:p [DOUBLEPOST=1388880826][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry I did please tell if I need to delete with the disclaimer just trying to help :)
You should probably remove it.

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way I can download individual modpacks without downloading the launcher? My mac refuses to even launch the jar all of a sudden.
Are you using Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks? If so than this is Apple's new protection program. To bypass it right-click the jar and click open. Have fun!