Modpack Beta: Tinker's Defense crashing

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Teslaterror

Jul 29, 2019
Title Modpack Beta: Tinker's Defense crashing

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack Custom

Modpack version 1.7.10

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/f1c01d9f

Details of the issue I am trying to incorporate tinker's defense into my modpack due to my preference for custom armor and defensive measures except i consistently crash.

I am experiencing issues in regards to whenever i open the tinker's construct workbenches

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Create a new instance, install TiC, TiC Defense and whatever other TiC addons you have. Start a world and double click on a stencil table, see if it crashes, if it does, it's a problem with one of the addons you have, if it doesn't add 10 mods at a time until it crashes, when it crashes you'll know it's one of the 10 mods you added last. Remove the 10 mods that you added last and add one at a time until you can repeat the crash. Once it crashes report this bug to the TiC Defense dev

Teslaterror

Jul 29, 2019
I did run a separate instance and had no issue, I've Been doing process of elimination. Mods so far that don't seem to be causing the problem:

Applied Energistics
ATG (Alternate Terrain Generation)
Buildcraft
Chisel
COFHteam's Thermal Expansion mods
Blood Magic and add-ons to it
ExtraTic
The Battlegear mod
Metallurgy 3
Smart moving
Ztones

Teslaterror

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to do some process of elimination and acquired a proper log from the launcher

http://pastebin.com/bKVztXRA

And the unmarked jars that don't posses are mods I disabled and managed to get to work properly

ojY96P6l.jpg

Last edited:

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Duuuuude use pastebin.com or paste.feed-the-beast.com or something for logs, not google shits ,_,

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I managed to do some process of elimination and acquired a proper log from the launcher

http://pastebin.com/bKVztXRA

And the unmarked jars that don't posses are mods I disabled and managed to get to work properly
<Image>
At the end of your log, Hunger Overhaul seems to crash. I don't see how this would be related to your original crash/problem.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say with the screenshot of your mods folder.

In most cases, crash reports give us the best information. "Crash reports all the way!"

Teslaterror

Jul 29, 2019
At the end of your log, Hunger Overhaul seems to crash. I don't see how this would be related to your original crash/problem.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say with the screenshot of your mods folder.

In most cases, crash reports give us the best information. "Crash reports all the way!"

The screenshot shows what mods were disabled when tinker's defense was working fine. Now could always create a copy of my modpack for you guys to help determine whats going on with it.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
The screenshot shows what mods were disabled when tinker's defense was working fine. Now could always create a copy of my modpack for you guys to help determine whats going on with it.

Ok, the fastest thing you can do now to figure out what the problem is, is as follows:
  1. Disable all mods that you know are not the problem. Keep Mantle, TiC and (Tinkers' Defence) enabled, of course.*
  2. Enable 10 of the mods that can still be the problem.**
  3. Start Minecraft and try to reproduce the crash.
  4. If Minecraft crashes, your crash-causing mod is in the last ten mods. Remove them one by one until the crash stops happening. You have found your conflict.
    If Minecraft doesn't crash, the ten mods you just added are not the problem, so remove them and go back to step 2.
*Disabling/enabling them in the FTB launcher is tedious. If I were you, I'd just temporarily move them to another folder.
**I would start with TiC Tooltips, and Player API, Smart Render and Smart Moving.

Teslaterror

Jul 29, 2019
Okay turns out when testing the mods, btw I am using curse so disabling them off on is easy, that resorting to my believed safe point when tinker's defence supposedly worked was a falsehood. Examining the crash report in a seperate instance, when I enact the exact moment I repeat the actions that lead to the crash particular a section that involved Io.netty.channel which leads back to Cpw's code in the modloader. So Tinker's defense is a no go in my modpack, so Lance, fix this problem with the latest version of Forge modloader provided by curse.