Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
69 In other news, I just got my blocks to render in-world. In the inventory and when held, though, they're still gigantic purple and black cubes.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
70 There's a separate json for them I think, or a specific line of code to make it the same. I don't remember off the top of my head.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
70 There's a separate json for them I think, or a specific line of code to make it the same. I don't remember off the top of my head.
76 Yes. Both.

To get blocks to render in-world, you just need to put the blockstate and model JSONs in the right places and name them the right things, and Forge will handle everything automatically. To get things (both blocks and items) to render in your hand and inventory, you have to put another model JSON in a different place AND put a couple of lines of code in your mod's base class.

That took me a while to figure out. But I did, so now all the things are working. Next step: Replace this derpily-textured cube with an actual 3D model.