Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
168 euh.....wow....wtf....how.......
I think my brain melted

I just realized I made a derp. On that laptop, while it was running Windows 7, programs could only be executed if they were installed on the C:\\ or X:\\ drives. The C:\\ drive is normally inaccessible (the My Documents folder is located on the D:\\ drive; that's all you can see in Windoze Explorer). If you plug in a thumb drive, it gets mounted to the E:\\ drive. If you plug in another thumb drive, it goes to X:\\. Not C:\\, that was me derping, but it still lets you run programs installed on it.

Then, if you've installed 7Zip on that second thumb drive, you can run it from there, and it will show you the C:\\ drive. Incientally, 7Zip also lets you run any executables its file manager shows you, which is another exploit. It's also the only way I could find to run the program that would let me turn off the obnoxious tap-to-click feature that all laptops nowadays seem to come with enabled by default.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
163 Between Windows, laggy and annoying school security software, and the fact that the laptop was four years old when I graduated and it wasn't a very powerful laptop to begin with... yeah, I was glad to not have to deal with it anymore.