Modded UHC tournament

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should there be a Modded Ultra Hardcore?

• Total voters

FriendlyLion

Jul 29, 2019
Galactic craft doesnt work with the mod that lowers ore spawn rates there was someone who very much wanted galactic craft space battles space battles dont work unless I dont use the other mod, can that person give there opinion on the matter?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I don't think that Galactic craft is a good idea because then there are to much places to hide.

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I'm not really confident that you're the right person to make this pack looking at this. You've refused to join in any of the discussions about the actual pack, don't seem to know how to even upload it, refuse to share a mod list, and have included Galacticraft which everyone except one other person in this thread spoke against for UHC and for several very good reasons. Do you actually know what you're doing?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Honestly I'm not really confident that you're the right person to make this pack looking at this. You've refused to join in any of the discussions about the actual pack, don't seem to know how to even upload it, refuse to share a mod list, and have included Galacticraft which everyone except one other person in this thread spoke against for UHC and for several very good reasons. Do you actually know what you're doing?
Its better than nothing considering he's the only one that seems to atleast try to make one.

In the weekend I might have time to create something myself but the I need some intput as I never do much with pvp I can only think about mine & blade or however it was called.Also maby ruins/better dungeon with some self made dungeons instead of the standard ones. For example a guarded thamcraft infusion altar/bloodmagic altar with already some blood in it if possible.

so possible list of mods exept the standard must haves like nei.

thaumcraft
ruins/betterdungeons
thermal expansion
mine & blade
bloodmagic with another way to get blood?

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
I have an idea for a modlist. If you guys want, i can work on it today and sumbit it to FTB by this evening.
Mod list:
Extra Utilities- Awesome mod.
AromaBackup- Reasons =P
AromaCore- Needed for ^
Thermal Foundation - For thermal expansion
Thermal Expansion - xD
Thermal Dynamics- Derp
Thaumcraft - So. Much. Death (With research turned of)
Thaumic Tinkerer - Becuase why not
Ender I/O - Best all-game Mod
Tinkers Construct - I dont need to explain this one
Tinkers Mechworks - Drawbridges FTW
Blood Magic - Yes! Maybe some how we can configure mobs to drop blood in buckets
Hardcore Ender Expansion - Oh my chickens YES!
Better Dungeons- Customized dungeons. AW YEAH.
Cofh Core - Rlly?
Forge - derp
Mine and Blade - Would be awesome w/ tinkers construct
Inguana's Tinker Tweaks - Fast tool leveling, Should make the configs pretty OP
NEI
WAILA
WAWLA
Thaumcraft NEI plugin- Becuase why not
Botania - OOo flowers
Ars magica 2- If this is possible, THEN SPELL WARS!
Minetweaker - Recipe unadding and Adding
Modtweaker - Used for gating op items behind blood magic to encourage fighting not strip mning
Thats all i got for now :p

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I have an idea for a modlist. If you guys want, i can work on it today and sumbit it to FTB by this evening.
Mod list:
AromaBackup- Reasons =P
AromaCore- Needed for ^
Thermal Foundation - For thermal expansion
Thermal Expansion - xD
Thermal Dynamics- Derp
Thaumcraft - So. Much. Death (With research turned of)
Thaumic Tinkerer - Becuase why not
Ender I/O - Best all-game Mod
Tinkers Construct - I dont need to explain this one
Tinkers Mechworks - Drawbridges FTW
Blood Magic - Yes! Maybe some how we can configure mobs to drop blood in buckets
Hardcore Ender Expansion - Oh my chickens YES!
Rouge-like Dungeons - Very good dungeons mod without having to go to another dimension
Cofh Core - Rlly?
Forge - derp
Mine and Blade - Would be awesome w/ tinkers construct
Inguana's Tinker Tweaks - Fast tool leveling, Should make the configs pretty OP
NEI
WAILA
WAWLA
Thaumcraft NEI plugin- Becuase why not
Botania - OOo flowers
Ars magica 2- If this is possible, THEN SPELL WARS!
Thats all i got for now :p

I would change Rouge-like Dungeons for ruins/better dungeons that way we can create our own dungeons to lower start up cost for mods like thaumcraft and also making sure that people watching (if we do a tournament) have some fun.

As for bloodmagic I would go that players drop blood instead of mobs and lock very powerfull items/blocks behind it. That way we give the players another reason to kill instead of branch mine or if we let mobs drop blood make a small spawner and farm mobs in a very boring way.
Also regen poitions proberly needs to be disabled as those give a lot of life if I'm not mistaken.

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
I would change Rouge-like Dungeons for ruins/better dungeons that way we can create our own dungeons to lower start up cost for mods like thaumcraft and also making sure that people watching (if we do a tournament) have some fun.

As for bloodmagic I would go that players drop blood instead of mobs and lock very powerfull items/blocks behind it. That way we give the players another reason to kill instead of branch mine or if we let mobs drop blood make a small spawner and farm mobs in a very boring way.
Also regen poitions proberly needs to be disabled as those give a lot of life if I'm not mistaken.
Ok, so minetweaker would be good for this. So, If your saying you want to gate powerful stuff behind BM, then we can do that w/ modtweaker. I will edit the list accordingly. And also, the customized dungeons sound really cool. I will also add extra utilities to the list becuase that mod is awesome.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Ok, so minetweaker would be good for this. So, If your saying you want to gate powerful stuff behind BM, then we can do that w/ modtweaker. I will edit the list accordingly. And also, the customized dungeons sound really cool. I will also add extra utilities to the list becuase that mod is awesome.

Now that I think about it we also need to disable/nerf the hearthcanisters from tinkers construckt and if I'm not mistaken (never use tinkersconstrukt) it lets mobs drop hearts that can be used to regain health if that is the case they proberly also need to be removed or something.

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I think about it we also need to disable/nerf the hearthcanisters from tinkers construckt and if I'm not mistaken (never use tinkersconstrukt) it lets mobs drop hearts that can be used to regain health if that is the case they proberly also need to be removed or something.
Sure, it is turned of by default if I am not mistaken. I will look in the configs just to be sure.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
thus we now only need dungeons which can be a roof an infusion altar and a spawner. A server to host the event. And some hours worth of bug-testing/changing of crafting recipes / remove/add mods that we think are not needed /needed. Sounds do-able.

To clarify why the dungeons I think the dungeons can/must be so minimalistic is because generation big dungeons is CPU heavy and if we make them to big they either become not worth it because you will lose to much health or just flat out OP. Neither of which I like

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
thus we now only need dungeons which can be a roof an infusion altar and a spawner. A server to host the event. And some hours worth of bug-testing/changing of crafting recipes / remove/add mods that we think are not needed /needed. Sounds do-able.

To clarify why the dungeons I think the dungeons can/must be so minimalistic is because generation big dungeons is CPU heavy and if we make them to big they either become not worth it because you will lose to much health or just flat out OP. Neither of which I like
Nice! I will try to get it on the launcher by tommarow.

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget the mod permissions would be a bit silly if we set everything up only to discover that mod x is not allowed in the pack.
Don't worry. I have sorta done a modpack b4 so yes, It would be very stupid of me if I missed one mod permission xD. And, is it possible to get a testing server soon?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Don't worry. I have sorta done a modpack b4 so yes, It would be very stupid of me if I missed one mod permission xD. And, is it possible to get a testing server soon?

I only need the files and I can put the server online. That is if everything goes according to plan.

edit: was able to start a forge server so I only need the mods and config files and it can be used.

Last edited:

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
I only need the files and I can put the server online. That is if everything goes according to plan.

edit: was able to start a forge server so I only need the mods and config files and it can be used.
K. I will get the pack setup by tommarow hopefully.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Made a small "dungeon" for people to get aura nodes from. I am not the best builder sadly but it at least shows the size I have in mind for dungeons. I have not yet placed spawner's and there is still a lot that could be improved but for now its just a concept.
2015-03-18_20.56.58.png

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
Made a small "dungeon" for people to get aura nodes from. I am not the best builder sadly but it at least shows the size I have in mind for dungeons. I have not yet placed spawner's and there is still a lot that could be improved but for now its just a concept.
Looks nice, and functions correctly, I would like to see what else you can come up with :p

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Looks nice, and functions correctly, I would like to see what else you can come up with :p

Still need to test how it exports to a dungeon but I have no time now as I am at work. I also need to think about a better way to give the players the nodes as now they are just the creative items(except the 4 at the top).
The reason for this is that I would not be surprised that if I transform it in a dungeon with normal nodes they keep their aspects and thus every dungeon will contain the same nodes which makes finding more kind of pointless.
The other reason is because of that new mechanic that nodes have when you put them this close together.

Just a fun fact it was supposed to become for an infusion altar but then I remembered that an infusion altar is uneven and a chunk is even...

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
So it looks like the idea died off again? Or are people still interested? As I could make the modpack myself but I don't want to do everything alone.