Mod Texture Unstitcher [WIP]

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
The point of this unstitcher is to move your texture pack much closer to 1.5 compatibility. There will still be manual file shuffling and plenty of bugs, but this will drastically reduce the amount of work it takes to port to 1.5. This is for texture pack authors to assist in the conversion process.

This is two separate pieces.

1. Unstitcher program made by the Soartex Team. It can be found here:
http://files.soartex.net/Image-Unstitcher/Image-Unstitcher.jar

2. The patcher reads configs to know how to split the files. They can be found here:
https://github.com/Soartex-Fanver/Unstitcher-Configs
Please note configs are not complete. Completed mods list here. Please contribute some configs.

Using the config files:
Click the download button on the config Github. Run the unstitcher program. Browse to the config zip from the config field in the Unstitcher.
I highly recommend making your texture pack 100% compatible with the mod versions in FTB Ultimate 1.0.1 and equivalent mod packs before splitting for accurate config matching.

Creating the config files:

One config file needs to be made for each mod sprite sheet. Our benchmark is FTB Ultimate 1.0.1 and equivalent mod packs. Please don't create configs for other versions of FTB mods. If you create a config for a mod that is not in any of the FTB mod packs, be sure to mention what version of the mod your config is compatible with in your post.

1. Config file contents
Here is the config file format:
https://gist.github.com/goldbattle/29d01f1ed31fa0b6694a
There are two kinds of fields to fill in:
output=[1.5 textures path]
[SlotX].[SlotY]=[1.5 filename]

Here is an example of a filled config file:
https://github.com/Soartex-Fanver/U.../mods/ironchest/sprites/block_textures.config
Notice the two kinds of fields that are filled in:
output=/mods/ironchest/textures/blocks/
1.1=iron_side
This tells the patcher the iron chests iron chest side is located at the top left corner.

As a bonus, you can even send textures to subfolders by adding it to the [filename]. Example here:
https://github.com/Soartex-Fanver/Unstitcher-Configs/blob/master/ic2/sprites/block_0.config
2.15=/wiring/tile.blockLuminator

2. Config file placement
Config files match the path of their respective 1.4.7 sprite sheets:
/Unstitcher_Config.zip/<path to mod sprite sheet>/<sprite sheet name>.config

Using Twilight Forest terrain as an example:
/<your texpack>/twilightforest/terrain.png/ would be targeted with a config file here:
/Unstitcher_Config.zip/twilightforest/terrain.config/

...and sent to the path specified in the config file.

We'll need 100+ config files to cover FTB Ultimate and Tekkit, and that's where the work comes in. Please claim a few mods and make configs for them, then post them here. I will add them to the config repo. Many hands make light work...

Completed mods list

Odd Cases:
All of Chickenbones' mods do not need to be converted.

IC2 Crops no longer share growth stages. This means you can customize every variation of every plant. The unstitcher copies the base growth texture across all variations to make the plants appear the same way they did in 1.4.7. Potato/carrot stage one is inactive in 1.5. Four total growth stages.
IC2 Machines cannot be converted with this. They use pre-stitched strips, meaning machines have to be converted by hand.

Thermal Expansion machine output/input colors are now overlays. This means they have to be split by hand.
Thermal Expansion icons sheet no longer has a button backing, meaning icons have to be split by hand.

Factorization bag of holding animation has to be made by hand
Factorization /ceramic/rotate_global.png and mold.png new in 1.5
Factorization rockets are not converted because they aren't in FTB Ultimate and equivalent mod packs
Factorization blocks/exo/modder_side is now an X, not an M
Factorization machines now have separate textures for the top and bottom

EE3 philosophers stone has to be split by hand. The old one is still outputted but is in the "Unknowns" folder.

ComputerCraft blink.pngs need to be moved and .txt anim file made

Unstitcher Updates:
4/4/13: Can now read multiple names for a single slot in the case of duplicate files (IC2 Crops)
4/5/13: Works on Mac/Linux

Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Last edited:

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
Just a little update.

Twilight Forest has been completed, along with EE3

IC2 is moving along and will be done pretty soon. With IC2 special system, we have added a new feature to the unstitcher. It now allows you to output more than one file from the same tile. For example the IC2 crops.

1.13=tile.blockCrop.Blackthorn.1
1.13=tile.blockCrop.Cyazint.1
1.13=tile.blockCrop.Dandelion.1
1.13=tile.blockCrop.Rose.1
1.13=tile.blockCrop.Tulip.1
1.13=tile.blockCrop.Venomilia.1

1.14=tile.blockCrop.Blackthorn.2
1.14=tile.blockCrop.Cyazint.2
1.14=tile.blockCrop.Dandelion.2
1.14=tile.blockCrop.Rose.2
1.14=tile.blockCrop.Tulip.2
1.14=tile.blockCrop.Venomilia.2

1.15=tile.blockCrop.Blackthorn.3
1.15=tile.blockCrop.Cyazint.3
1.15=tile.blockCrop.Dandelion.3
1.15=tile.blockCrop.Rose.3
1.15=tile.blockCrop.Tulip.3
1.15=tile.blockCrop.Venomilia.3

It is currently in a dev build located here:
(not in dev any more :D )

I look forward to more people getting involved. This really is a great tool that will allow for easy transition over to 1.5 for EVERY texture pack.
-gb

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
This, my friend, happens to be FREAKING AMAZING.
If many people pitch in 400-500 file renames, each pack won't need to individually split ten thousand files by hand.

Thermal Expansion is split by Justin_a. Configs are not being released until Thermal Expansion for 1.5 is made public.

Reactions: GoldBattle

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis's Dimensional Anchors and Tubestuff (untested) [needs to be pushed to github]

Attachments

• immibisconfigs.zip
    740 bytes · Views: 102

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
Odd Cases:
EE3 philosophers stone has to be split by hand. The old one is still outputted but is in the "Unknowns" folder.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
TPelham42 made configs for ExtraBiomesXL and Mystcraft! Check out his TP here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/t42-x64-texture-pack.10110/

Steve's Carts and Gravity Suite are unclaimed. If you really want Gregtech, you can have it, but I'm worried about file name changes before it gets out of beta. For now, I'm pursuing more mods that are in beta, as we have most released FTB mods configured. Feel free to request mods to be added to the list.

Current compatability list:
-----------------
Released Mods
-----------------
-Applied Energistics (Shoeboxam)
-Backpack (Alfwolsen)
-CompactSolars (Shoeboxam)
-ComputerCraft (Shoeboxam)
-ExtraBiomesXL (TPelham42)
-Factorization (Shoeboxam)
-Immibis' Chunk Loader (Justin_a)
-Immibis' Tube Stuff (Justin_a)
-Ironchest (GoldBattle)
-Mystcraft (TPelham42)
-Twilightforest (Shoeboxam)
-----------------
Mods in Beta
-----------------
-Buildcraft (Justin_a)
-EE3 (GoldBattle)
-Forestry (Justin_a)
-IndustrialCraft (GoldBattle and Shoeboxam)
-Thermal Expansion (99.9%) (Justin_a)

I'm headed out for the evening, today's the big day! My German Pinscher is finally here. ;)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics - errors in items.config

Item16kCell.png
Item1kCell.png

and a huge thank you for this, I manually unstitched Thermal Expansion before I found this and what a pain in the ass that was lol

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is a problem with this program, or the textures themselves, but the Extra Biomes textures seem to get screwed up in conversion - the textures are keeping the indexed colour format of the originals.

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
@b0bst3r: Fixed! Thank you so much!

@Glowstrontium: I'm not sure what you mean by that. The splitter takes the texture pack image and splits it up. It does not apply any custom color formatting. Not sure if that answers the question.[DOUBLEPOST=1365789398][/DOUBLEPOST]Added ChargePads IC2 addon. Config created by Myrathi! :D
https://github.com/Soartex-Fanver/Unstitcher-Configs/commit/bee7f630693ec78f5114bf816a7a4c862a1c1642
His mod: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7892&pageNo=1

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, not sure what's going on then, so far I've only had this issue with the EBXL textures:

odl1or4.png
1hwjFEC.png

The one on the right is what went through the unsticher. Also, the items from that have no transparency.

EDIT:
So it seems the it worked fine once I converted the texture sheet from "Indexed Colour" to "RGB Colour" - Just thought that you might like to know :)

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like Myrathi, the author of Charge Pads and Obsidian Plates made a config for Charge Pads. Thanks Myrathi!

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. So another post. There has just been an update to the unstitcher. You can now create a config with the following line in it.
copy=file_name
This will copy an exact copy to the output directory with the new file name. This allows for the great feature or doing a one click conversion of the pack. So if there is a config for every gui/model you can make it be moved to a new location and renamed. Compared to the last version where you had to go back after the fact and copy in your guis to the right folders.

This may take a bit to take effect but I think the extra effort of making a couple more configs will make everybody's lives easier.

Download stays the same:
http://files.soartex.net/Image-Unstitcher/Image-Unstitcher.jar

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Can you make it so the directory it opens doesn't default to my documents all the time, like open last used folder?

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
Can you make it so the directory it opens doesn't default to my documents all the time, like open last used folder?
I will look into that. I will have to figure out a way. Just about to head into finals/ap test so it might not get done in the next couple weeks. But I'll try!

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
I made some Thaumcraft configs, but I wasn't sure exactly how to fork the repo, so I'll just post it here:

Attachments

• thaumcraft_unsticher.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 108