Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelord

Jul 29, 2019
So. With the WGT pack .. what do you say we turn on ALL the hard mode options >.>

Of course they should all be on!

I'm so sick of people choosing the Gregtech pack because they like the realism and the machines, but want to cheat their way through it, it's a hard mode mod, if you're different and you for some reason want the mod but don't want to play it as intended, change the settings yourself, you Gregtech haters shouldn't beg for easy settings, you should simply not use it!
Remember, without Gregtech, end game is achieved in around 1 hour and on top of that the end game is much smaller than with Gregtech, so elongating the time to get to endgame is always good in my book!

Pro tip- if you don't like greg's awesome crafting tier system, or rather how long everything takes to make and you still are using his mod, then get good with AE autocrafting

JasperPD

Jul 29, 2019
Of course they should all be on!

I'm so sick of people choosing the Gregtech pack because they like the realism and the machines, but want to cheat their way through it, it's a hard mode mod, if you're different and you for some reason want the mod but don't want to play it as intended, change the settings yourself, you Gregtech haters shouldn't beg for easy settings, you should simply not use it!
Remember, without Gregtech, end game is achieved in around 1 hour and on top of that the end game is much smaller than with Gregtech, so elongating the time to get to endgame is always good in my book!

Pro tip- if you don't like greg's awesome crafting tier system, or rather how long everything takes to make and you still are using his mod, then get good with AE autocrafting

Dat superb autocrafting system!

Side note. looking at the google doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoWBpEX_gP1AdEZNb0VlRkc5M1FHaUhWRkhWaHRyU0E#gid=0) it doesn't look like he will be updating the Bibliocraft mod up to latest and have the two addons... I sure hope I'm wrong :/

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
It's not how long it takes to reach "endgame", but how much fun you have getting there.

It's like the older RPGs with "50+ hours of play", where most of that time was spent grinding, in fights that happened every 4-5 steps. Where simply swinging your weapon at a monster took ten seconds.

Being bored or frustrated for several hours just to reach the fun doesn't make the fun more fun, it just means you were bored or frustrated for several hours INSTEAD of having fun.

EDIT I'm not saying you don't find WGT fun at it's hardest, but not everybody does. The point of adjustable configs here is to allow people to set it to how they find it fun.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Side note. looking at the google doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoWBpEX_gP1AdEZNb0VlRkc5M1FHaUhWRkhWaHRyU0E#gid=0) it doesn't look like he will be updating the Bibliocraft mod up to latest and have the two addons... I sure hope I'm wrong :/
You are. Very wrong. At the time of this posting he only has 3 mods set up for the .9 release: CreeperCollateral, AppliedEnergistics, and
newly added BinniesMods. The only other .9 data you can pull from that doc is that Extrabees won't be a part of it. And that's because do to it's merger with the previously separate extra trees mod it's bin renamed BinniesMods.​
Keep an eye on that H column for the .9 updates.

JasperPD

Jul 29, 2019
You are. Very wrong. At the time of this posting he only has 3 mods set up for the .9 release: CreeperCollateral, AppliedEnergistics, and
newly added BinniesMods. The only other .9 data you can pull from that doc is that Extrabees won't be a part of it. And that's because do to it's merger with the previously separate extra trees mod it's bin renamed

BinniesMods
Keep an eye o
n that H column for the .9 updates.

Quite happy to hear this :p

iamjhyc

Jul 29, 2019
Found an awesome bug. I can't climb ladders. Yup.

Started a hardcore game (the only way to test), built a 7x7 house, dug into the ground whilst a spider chewed at my ceiling .. established my first mining room .. went to go up the ladder, and nope. So there I stand. Slowly starving. Pork cooking in the furnaces above me.

Bed time for me now, but we'll look into that first thing ;)

i figure this bug out when i add biomes o plenty i dont know how but that day that i install the biomes o plenty i can climb ladders now, you better try this out ;)

Bigjoes

Jul 29, 2019
So. With the WGT pack .. what do you say we turn on ALL the hard mode options >.>[/quote]

I like the idea of Hard Mode it gets too easy to make things without Greg Tech and your at the end with all the good stuff.... I say turn it on..

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutly turn on gregtech hard mode, anyone who does not wish to use it is free to use ngt or change to easy mode in the config, cannot see what the problem is ?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutly turn on gregtech hard mode, anyone who does not wish to use it is free to use ngt or change to easy mode in the config, cannot see what the problem is ?

Or, turn on easy mode, and anyone who does not wish to use it can change it in the config. Can not see what the problem is. See what I did there?

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
Really... If you think gregtech is intended to be played in easy mode and thats how uou enjoy playing it go right ahead.
I know how I play, and have already changed 0.8 to hard mode.
Whatever flloats your boat I guess, ss long as greg keeps up the fantastic work he does Im happy

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I think some people may miss the point.
A lot of people enjoy Gregtech itself. After all it does add some nice machines. But this doesn't mean they have to like the changes it makes to other mods which are most noticeable in hard mode.

Let's take Slowpoke for example.... He enjoys Gregtech, he plays and streams with 1.5.2gt.
But the first thing he doe's in his stream in a new world is cheat himself in a bunch of tools to get started. He also does things like turn off rain etc.
Nothing wrong with this, It just demonstrates that not everyone who plays gt and enjoys gt is after a truly hardcore experience.
For those that are, there are configs. And also other mods to help you on your road extreme.
But as far as I see it the purpose of the packs is to aim to a wide general audience.
And Ultra hardcore is not the average general player base.

To those that are tempted to say "go play ngt then". ngt doesn't have the gregtech machines that most people enjoy.

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
I understand the point, but if you wish to play with a mod ie: gregtech then it should be played as author intended, not changed to fit how you like to play, now if you wish to change the mod settings fine go for i
I think the way people are asking to change settings is the wrong way round, as is very similar to the nerf it generation that has ruined countless mmos over the years, people feel they should be given everything with no effort.
I can assure you gt hard mode is not ultra hardvore. I have a week old world, running 8 hp boilers, huge me system and autocrafting setup industriul grinders and other industriul machines.power armor etmor and 4 quarrys, this is after a week!

Anyway I can see this descending into simething that helps noone so best if I leave it now, I think you all know where I standbon this point :)

PS damn phone buttons to small for my thumbs ;(

Thelegendback

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I very agree with Baxtor if you play a mod, play it the way the maker wanted to.
If you want to config it fine, and as to Tyrellen and Molten, The majority of the people want GT to be on hard mode, so why would the majority go config, while the minority doesnt?
It's like saying 2 people want apple pie, 6 people want banana, so the baker makes 6 apple pie and 2 banana

Status
Not open for further replies.