Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hello friends. Have you bin having trouble finding any BoP bioms in the new Beta packs? Would you like to know why? It's because rather than being enabled by default, even though you already installed the mod, it only gens Biom O Plenty bioms if when you gen a world you first go to More World Options...> World Type: and set it to Bioms O' Plenty.
And alternet way to add them to worlds you have already genned it via configs. Set this to true.
"biome settings" {
B:"Add Biomes To Default World"= false

The kicker is I can only find vage indirect mentions to this on there forum page.

Reactions: DanBeatYou_xD

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Hello friends. Have you bin having trouble finding any BoP bioms in the new Beta packs? Would you like to know why? It's because rather than being enabled by default, even though you already installed the mod, it only gens Biom O Plenty bioms if when you gen a world you first go to More World Options...> World Type: and set it to Bioms O' Plenty.
And alternet way to add them to worlds you have already genned it via configs. Set this to true.
"biome settings" {

The kicker is I can only find vage indirect mentions to this on there forum page.

Because BoP has its own world generation option, like flat or large biomes. That has been stated a few times and should be well known by now -_-

Reactions: Tyrellan

TheGamingWyvern

Jul 29, 2019
Nobody is calling for 1.6 packs no idea where you got that from!
What we are saying is that for the premiere minecraft modpack to still be using a 6 month old build of minecraft as recommended is not a good thing.
Sure people can say 1.52 mods this and that.. Not stable etc , but what about the other 5 or 6 builds inbetween 1.47 and 1.52 why no updates to those?

Again I love playing FTB on a server but for normal singleplayer multi mc. And the 100 plus mods I run atm wipe the floor with it and has done for awhile now.

I think the reason that there is no updates to any builds between 1.4.7 and 1.5.2 is because there is very little point. Between 1.4.7 and 1.5.2 there is only 1.5 and 1.5.1. 1.5 was the "big" update that all the mod developers needed to adapt to, and that is what they are essentially updating their mods to. 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 are simply bugfixes. As far as I know, a mod that works in 1.5.2 will work equally well in 1.5.0.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
"biome settings" {

*SIGH* Here's the kicker: You asked if this should be changed to true, and Wyld said "NO!" And there's a reason for it.

Hopefully, no one does this - It's an absolutely a horribly bad suggestion. Doing this can "ruin" older worlds, or worlds you didn't generate using BoP (and by ruin, I mean any un-generated chunks can become any biome - regardless of biome change... ie. say you have a jungle that 5 chunks long, and then it transitions into forest.... You'd end up with 2 jungle chunks; and the rest suddenly become desert - or worse, an alpine mountain (so you have this massive wall in a straight line).

Because BoP has its own world generation option, like flat or large biomes. That has been stated a few times and should be well known by now -_-
This however, is absolutely 100% correct. And this is the ONLY way BoP should be used.

Reactions: DanBeatYou_xD

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Wyld is working on the Magicraft private pack to get some bugs out of it and then is going to work on vo.9 and apparently is going to add Extra Trees.

MonkeyMan62

Jul 29, 2019
just wondering, do you think you guys could make a modpack with gregtech set on easy, that way when people like me, who pay for servers, dont have to sit here pulling our hair out trying to find the folders the stuff's hidden in?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
just wondering, do you think you guys could make a modpack with gregtech set on easy, that way when people like me, who pay for servers, dont have to sit here pulling our hair out trying to find the folders the stuff's hidden in?

The problem with that that is that other mods simply look to see if GT is installed and set there recipes to GT mode. IE hard.
And there seems to be no config's to keep that from happening.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with that that is that other mods simply look to see if GT is installed and set there recipes to GT mode. IE hard.
And there seems to be no config's to keep that from happening.
Not true (at least I know of no mod that looks to see if GT is present, and then changes it's own recipes....)
GT overwrites mod recipes and you can set some of them in the config files.

####################
# harderrecipes
####################

harderrecipes {
B:beryliumreflector=false
B:blockbreaker=false
B:electricsteeltools=false
B:iridiumplate=false
B:macerator=false
B:machineblock=true
B:mininglaser=false
B:namefix=false
B:nanosaber=false
B:nuke=true
B:quarry=false
B:rebattery=false
B:solarpanel=false
B:tincellsfromplates=false
B:watermill=false
B:windmill=false
}

If you go back in this thread, you'll see people talking about "easy mode" with GT. In fact someone somewhere (don't remember where it was; but I swear it was in this thread) posted easy and hard config files for people to download.

EDIT: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...g-pack-gregtech-easy-mode-1-5-2-support.9536/
EDIT #2: BaxtorUK beat me to it. :)

Reactions: BaxtorUK
Status
Not open for further replies.