Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geekomancer

Jul 29, 2019
*Edit to say, this is to Laguy

Sure, YOU have, but some people are having problems. The packs don't always work the same for everyone. Besides, can't we just be patient instead of arguing? Both the mod devs AND FTB devs are working as fast as they can. *shrug* Let's just go back to talking about fun stuff.

Maximuscr31

Jul 29, 2019
We have 116 in a pack we put together on 1.5.2 with mcpc. Uses less resources than Ultimate. Without xycraft and rp2 it runs amazingly well.

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
There's nothing grandiose about it. fact is fact. If you're seriously using 120 mods and having no issues; maybe you should be writing the mods packs; of course if that's the case - then why are you here?

Okay, well not much point in arguing with someone who backs up their statements with "fact is fact". Pretty hard to dispute that glittering generality. As to how to run a large set of mods with very few problems, let me help you figure out a way of doing it without sitting around waiting for someone to do it for you.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1210470-A-Guide-to-Modding-Minecraft

Just download the mods (he gives you the links) , add his configs and go play. I love FTB and use their packs as well, I am just not totally dependent on them spoon feeding me.

For that matter, I am running 6 mods now on 1.6.1 including IC2 with no major problems.

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
If I had my way I'd run my own server with just the mods I wanted on it, but I play with other people that aren't so savvy or patient enough to update with me. That's why FTB is a thing of beauty. I think they do fantastic work for the low low price of free. If I was paying for the service that'd be one thing, but we're not paying a dime for all their hard work. Just remember that the next time you start up the chant for 1.6 packs right now.

Reactions: Neithan

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
Nobody is calling for 1.6 packs no idea where you got that from!
What we are saying is that for the premiere minecraft modpack to still be using a 6 month old build of minecraft as recommended is not a good thing.
Sure people can say 1.52 mods this and that.. Not stable etc , but what about the other 5 or 6 builds inbetween 1.47 and 1.52 why no updates to those?

Again I love playing FTB on a server but for normal singleplayer multi mc. And the 100 plus mods I run atm wipe the floor with it and has done for awhile now.

supersepo

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't say that FTB is a bullshit, just I'm tired that FTB never update in time. And yes, my english is bad xD

Vallen_D

Jul 29, 2019
I wish one of the mod devs would post something just to calm the negativity down - so many unnecessary arguments - can't we all just chill out?

I think if we all complain about how long it's taking will make things go faster. Especially having the FTB team get away from their development process, and onto the forum to settle some chirping from the loud minority.

</sarcasm>

Not that i don't agree with you; I'm just saying. I've been spending my time playing other games. The Last of Us is pretty good.

netmonkey

Jul 29, 2019
Ok – I’m looking for a bit of clarity here. Not trolling but we have 1.4.7 server up and running since the New Year with a good group of guys. We’re all pretty tired with it now and would like to start a new world.

So reading between the lines (I apologies but I have not read all 100 odd pages of this thread), will FTB Ultimate 1.6.1 (or whatever it will be called) likely to be out in the next 3 months?
I’m taking into the account that 1.5.2 has not been released yet which may take another 2-4 weeks to bottom out. The folks involved will probably need to take some time out and then start the arduous task of looking at 1.6.1. Or is there any 1.6.1 development working in tandem?

Is anyone planning to run with a world on 1.5.2 recommended build and will there be much difference compared to 1.6.1 etc.
Am I best to wait for 1.6.1?

I'm conscious of losing players who will end up jumping ship.

Reactions: Seekker

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
If I was to guess and it would be just a guess, allowing for all the mods to become stable ......,
I would say 3 Months would not be too far off the mark give or take a few weeks either side of that

Reactions: netmonkey

Willsy

Jul 29, 2019
Making grandiose unsubstantiated statements really isn't going to get your point across. I am not sure which half of the 1.5.2 mods you think don't work but using FTB packs as your proof source isn't really a good metric. I have been playing on 1.5.x for some time, have over 120 mods loaded and although there are some bugs (are there never not any bugs?), I find the worlds stable and mods working just fine.

Well you are a lucky one, i managed to get factory machine block...in a tank

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
So reading between the lines (I apologies but I have not read all 100 odd pages of this thread), will FTB Ultimate 1.6.1 (or whatever it will be called) likely to be out in the next 3 months?

At this point I think speculation on 1.6.1 release window is a little premature. Forge is already updated which is a major stepping stone. It'd be better to check back in a week or two to see if a sufficient number of the mod writers have released 1.6.1 compatible versions to justify your planning window.

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
Or is there any 1.6.1 development working in tandem?

I'm not sure what you mean by development ?
As far as I can tell all the FTB team really do is gather the mods together and alter the config files the same as you and I do.
This I think is half the problem as they cannot alter any code in the mods themselves so any bugs or such they have to report to the mod authors and hope that they will update them.
Now put yourself in the mod authors shoes.. he or she freely distributes there mod to everyone for no fee or cost.. great, then along comes FTB and uses there mods puts a shiny name on the pack and gets lovely sponsorship deals and kickbacks, who then come back to the mod author to update and fix there mods so the FTB team can use them in there latest pack.
Now the second part is pure speculation on my part and all maybe rosy and the mod authors may be gladly helping the the FTB team to get there pack working,
But the point remains that all the FTB team can really do is get the mods together and edit a few config files.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
At this point I think speculation on 1.6.1 release window is a little premature. Forge is already updated which is a major stepping stone. It'd be better to check back in a week or two to see if a sufficient number of the mod writers have released 1.6.1 compatible versions to justify your planning window.
Believe it or not, IC2 is already updated for 1.6.1

Biomes o' Plenty and EBXL will be out shortly; and ComputerCraft is undoubtedly going to be shortly behind (one of my favorite mods).

As for FTB and 1.6.1 - doubt anyone will see anything for a while. There's just not enough (decent) mods out there yet.

Reactions: The Mobius Archives
Status
Not open for further replies.