Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
03/07/2013 STILL in 1.4.7 the recommended version. This is so .... omg

I know not alot of people will agree here, and as much as I love FTB myself, he does have a valid point
1.47 was released 6 months ago now, and for recommended to be still on a 6 month old build is not great.
I know alot it is to do with mod updates and such, but FTB needs to be careful it does not fall to far behind and become forgotten and overtaken by some new kid on the block like other modpacks were by FTB when it launched.

PS : I expect to get flamed for this, but remember everyones opinion is valid even if it is different to your own.

Fenghuang

Jul 29, 2019
And this is so... huh? And wow... I didn't know countries out there went day/month/year.... Bizarre. :)

When talking about the date, often you'll just say the day of the month, i.e "its the 3rd." Being more specific, you would add "of July," or "of the 7th," afterwards. So writing 3/7/2013, would be spoken as "3rd of the 7th, 2013." It makes more sense and America is the one who's backwards.

Reactions: DanBeatYou_xD

DanBeatYou_xD

Jul 29, 2019
And this is so... huh? And wow... I didn't know countries out there went day/month/year.... Bizarre. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1372841977][/DOUBLEPOST]
He said about a week after a stable build. 0.8 is anything but stable (in fact it went backwards - so far, 0.7 has been the best). He said he was "going to play today, look at 0.9 tomorrow..." - I don't expect a stable pack anytime very soon...
Okay cheers - would you have a rough ETA? 'playing today' any news on a 0.9 then? and how has 0.8 became less stable -> I've used 0.7 which was a massive improvement on the prior ones just curious.
Thanks Dan

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I know not alot of people will agree here, and as much as I love FTB myself, he does have a valid point
1.47 was released 6 months ago now, and for recommended to be still on a 6 month old build is not great.
I know alot it is to do with mod updates and such, but FTB needs to be careful it does not fall to far behind and become forgotten and overtaken by some new kid on the block like other modpacks were by FTB when it launched.

PS : I expect to get flamed for this, but remember everyones opinion is valid even if it is different to your own.

I agree and disagree, 1.5.X has turned out to be a filler build, 1.6 is the first major step towards the minecraft mod api which everyone has been waiting for with its new resource packs, more so with mod authors as its going to become the standard method of how mods work. FTB 1.5 for most server admins hasn't really been an option due to map resets between builds and personally I feel it was done just to appease those who were asking for a FTB 1.5, 1.4.7 thus has been the stable recommended build and its a good job too. Hopefully 1.6 will become the new 1.4.7 and we can do away with the unstable and now defunct 1.5.X builds.

Reactions: Blackmoore

VictorFox

Jul 29, 2019
"countries out there" o_O

I think americans are even more self-centered than us french ! :D
their measurement system is quite "special" indeed

united-states-vs-the-rest-of-the-world.jpg

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
The date thing in those graphics visually doesn't make sense to me tbh, and with Celsius it claims it's "logical" in the base being 0, but that's only for water freezing and not absolute zero which is -273.15 Celcius. Basically, each has their own flaws in some way, but I do agree with the measurement stuff.

Anyone, I'm indeed using v0.8, but iirc I have MPS Addons turned off.

Edit: Also, that "rest of the world" doesn't seem to include other nation's measurements, like those used in Asian countries. Much like the Americans, they use their own scale and the international scale from time to time.

Fenghuang

Jul 29, 2019
The date thing in those graphics visually doesn't make sense to me tbh, and with Celsius it claims it's "logical" in the base being 0, but that's only for water freezing and not absolute zero which is -273.15 Celcius. Basically, each has their own flaws in some way, but I do agree with the measurement stuff.

Anyone, I'm indeed using v0.8, but iirc I have MPS Addons turned off.

That's why I use Kelvin for Temperature

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, there's Kelvin, which starts at absolute zero and increases at the same rate as Celcius, and then there's Rankine, which is like Kelvin but goes up at the same rate as Fahrenheit >< Of course for science the international standards are generally used so you don't have problems like that one satellite where one team built part of it in inches and the other in centimeters -_-

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
“03/07/2013 STILL in 1.4.7 the recommended version. This is so .... omg​
it seems that the US is the only country to use a Month/day/Year format. I wish i could blame someone for this.

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
I agree and disagree, 1.5.X has turned out to be a filler build, 1.6 is the first major step towards the minecraft mod api which everyone has been waiting for with its new resource packs, more so with mod authors as its going to become the standard method of how mods work. FTB 1.5 for most server admins hasn't really been an option due to map resets between builds and personally I feel it was done just to appease those who were asking for a FTB 1.5, 1.4.7 thus has been the stable recommended build and its a good job too. Hopefully 1.6 will become the new 1.4.7 and we can do away with the unstable and now defunct 1.5.X builds.

Well, far as I can see 1.6 is the upgrade that starts the Modding API. yes, it breaks a lot of things, but in the end i think we'll be in a better place. we will see in 2-3 months. To some degree it depends on Mojang and if the 1.7 release will keep the API stable. I have full faith in the Forge team that they will be able to continue to good good things with whatever is thrown at them - but I do expect they will need time to get Forge into a stable state (for 1.6 or whatever).

Then it's up to the rest of the community. I just hope we manage expectations better than the 1.3 update.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Well, far as I can see 1.6 is the upgrade that starts the Modding API. yes, it breaks a lot of things, but in the end i think we'll be in a better place. we will see in 2-3 months. To some degree it depends on Mojang and if the 1.7 release will keep the API stable. I have full faith in the Forge team that they will be able to continue to good good things with whatever is thrown at them - but I do expect they will need time to get Forge into a stable state (for 1.6 or whatever).

Then it's up to the rest of the community. I just hope we manage expectations better than the 1.3 update.

Good news is Forge is full steam ahead, already 11 revisions of 1.6.1 in 3 days.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
You forget something very important; if mods aren't updated - it doesn't matter what Mojang (or anyone else) does or releases. Half the 1.5.2 mods don't work properly (as evident by the beta packs...)

Okay cheers - would you have a rough ETA?
Nope - we can only go off what Wyld and Slow tweet, etc... Look here; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoWBpEX_gP1AdEZNb0VlRkc5M1FHaUhWRkhWaHRyU0E#gid=0

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
You forget something very important; if mods aren't updated - it doesn't matter what Mojang (or anyone else) does or releases. Half the 1.5.2 mods don't work properly (as evident by the beta packs...)

Making grandiose unsubstantiated statements really isn't going to get your point across. I am not sure which half of the 1.5.2 mods you think don't work but using FTB packs as your proof source isn't really a good metric. I have been playing on 1.5.x for some time, have over 120 mods loaded and although there are some bugs (are there never not any bugs?), I find the worlds stable and mods working just fine.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Making grandiose unsubstantiated statements really isn't going to get your point across. I am not sure which half of the 1.5.2 mods you think don't work but using FTB packs as your proof source isn't really a good metric. I have been playing on 1.5.x for some time, have over 120 mods loaded and although there are some bugs (are there never not any bugs?), I find the worlds stable and mods working just fine.
There's nothing grandiose about it. fact is fact. If you're seriously using 120 mods and having no issues; maybe you should be writing the mods packs; of course if that's the case - then why are you here?

Status
Not open for further replies.