Mod-of-the-Month: July 2015

Your selection for Mod-of-the-Month in July!

• Witchery

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Mekanism

Votes: 47 14.4%
  • Twilight Forest

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Pneumaticraft

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Buildcraft

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • Railcraft

Votes: 22 6.7%
  • Forestry

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Blue Power

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Applied Energistics 2

Votes: 43 13.1%
  • Matter Overdrive

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • Aura Cascade

Votes: 55 16.8%
  • Essentialcraft III

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Progressive Automation

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • Mariculture

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Evilcraft

Votes: 11 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
I think if Tinkers will be votet one time i think it should be with all the addons and i think with metallurgy and iguana tweaks And Make it an andventure and mine yourself pack where you can Level Your Tools More than in departed that would be so awsome

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I would totally love to see GregTech or TerraFirmaCraft as an option. I mean, conversion mods are among those that I will probably never try myself, so having them in an MotM pack would get me to play them for the first time. :p
That said, I'm voting for Pneumaticcraft, 'cause I never played with it when it first came out even though I should have XD

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
Im sorry :(
I would be better searching for People making parallel modpacks so it would be easier making a New modpack each Month

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
I think ftb has Not enough People working for a constant supply of modpacks
I Makes me very sag :(

B

Big Bad

They need like 30 people working on a modpack at any time

In general a typical FTB modpack has over 25-30 contributors split across pack construction, system management, testing, etc working in a semi-linear assembly line setup. However, we've found that having a large development team plugging away at a single pack simultaneously, such as was used for this pack, ultimately yielded comparatively poor results.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
In general a typical FTB modpack has over 25-30 contributors split across pack construction, system management, testing, etc working in a semi-linear assembly line setup. However, we've found that having a large development team plugging away at a single pack simultaneously, such as was used for this pack, ultimately yielded comparatively poor results.
Well you are right. In 1 hand, more people would be faster. But less people who are more experienced could do better.

ookagaricrypt

Jul 29, 2019
Well you are right. In 1 hand, more people would be faster. But less people who are more experienced could do better.

Too many cooks spoils the pot fits here, it seems. I second the Simple Achievements idea. If HQM wasn't so hard to implement it would be an awesome idea, especially if there's an actual story to go with the modpack (basically what everybody else has said). I know this is probably unfair of me to ask, but is there an ETA on the pack? I guess I'm just an impatient brat. :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Too many cooks spoils the pot fits here, it seems. I second the Simple Achievements idea. If HQM wasn't so hard to implement it would be an awesome idea, especially if there's an actual story to go with the modpack (basically what everybody else has said). I know this is probably unfair of me to ask, but is there an ETA on the pack? I guess I'm just an impatient brat. :)

tfox has said there is no ETA in his announcement.

Tigerlore

Jul 29, 2019
Ancient Warfare 2 is a mod that surprises people when they first look into it with it's depth and breadth.

ookagaricrypt

Jul 29, 2019
Ancient Warfare 2 is a mod that surprises people when they first look into it with it's depth and breadth.
Aren't you basically playing an RTS when you use Ancient Warfare? Many of the popular RTSes have pretty large Tech Trees don't they? That would lend itself to an in depth mod if you use them as a model, wouldn't it? That would make for an interesting story progression if one made a pack centered around HQM and AW2

Reactions: Tigerlore

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Personally, I would totally love to see GregTech or TerraFirmaCraft as an option. I mean, conversion mods are among those that I will probably never try myself, so having them in an MotM pack would get me to play them for the first time. :p
I would second this. Have played GT but it have been in a larger pack where crossmod exploits and config changes neutered it severely. Would be fun to try it in a "pure" version the way it was intended(though I might regret it :p).
Just problematic that GT is in a rather unfinished state atm. so guess that is out of the picture. Unless you use an older MC version ofc.

TerraFirmaCraft might be fun too, though ultimately a little "low tech" for all the effort for most probably.