Mod creation

Alcatsa

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings

I'm trying to find some tips and help on how to get started to create a mod for Minecraft 17.10.
Have an ide what I want to do and have a structure build up for it, just complity new then it comes to makeing mods for minecraft.

Been looking on google abit but I haven't found so much for 17.10

Looking to make new blocks and multiblocks with item manipulation just to give an ide what I'm looking for.

Glad for any help I can get

Regards
Alcatsa the friendly firline

Alcatsa

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks I will watch them right away strangth that I missed Pahimars videos as I watch other things from him.

Thanks alot again and have a great day.

fandacreep

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you know what you are doing before you actually make the mod, maybe by talking to some of the big developers. There are way too many mods out there, with lots of popular ones, being crappily written and it the last thing we need is another. I'm not going to be one of those jerks who thinks new modders should be stopped and that only big mods should be made, but just make sure you don't screw up someon'es game or balance or FPS.

Alcatsa

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
I actualy looked for something simulure mods before I started to draw up my plan for the mod and I can't find anything close to it at this moment. And I talked with some of my friends and they can't say they know anything like it either.

I know there is alot of mods out there that does almost the same thing and it seems like people are focus on just a few areas of the game at the moment.

Regards
Cat

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
One thing I can tell you is that you should set a goal for yourself: "I want to make a legit mod that people would actually use" and not just an ExampleMod that adds one item and one block. Because then you'll actually have motivation to improve your code, do some research on how Forge and other mods work etc.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I can tell you is that you should set a goal for yourself: "I want to make a legit mod that people would actually use" and not just an ExampleMod that adds one item and one block. Because then you'll actually have motivation to improve your code, do some research on how Forge and other mods work etc.
So essentially "fuck baby steps!! start by doing running jumps across gorges and parcor in mine riddled city ruins!".
But setting goals is smart I guess, but your fist goal should be baby steps, for anything.

Reactions: Wagon153

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It dont have to be RF compatible.... I dont see Thaumcraft, Blood magic and Botania RF compatible.
Learning how to use it's API would be beneficial though just for the experience that working with an others API can bring you don't need to actually aim to make a RF compatible project.

Reactions: Padfoote

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Tip: If you don't know what a hashmap is or does you are not knowledgable to mod yet. If are ready, Look at others code and some tutorials.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Learning how to use it's API would be beneficial though just for the experience that working with an others API can bring you don't need to actually aim to make a RF compatible project.

Yes thats correct... but the best way (as I belive) is to look in other peoples code for mods you want to try to remake. Right now Im trying to remake the old autocraftingtable from BC because they destroyed it completely.[DOUBLEPOST=1409695311][/DOUBLEPOST]
Botania actually just made a Mana->RF conversion thingy. So there ya go :p

Oh nice :) One more reason for Botania :D

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm going to guess you were trying to make a funny here gid... I hope you were, but please, let's not let the RF debate creep into every gad damned thread.
br4um.jpg

But yes, I was joking.

Reactions: Cptqrk and PierceSG