Mob Essence Farm [No Cursed Earth Needed!]

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
So, i was playing around trying to learn a bit about blood magic and i found out that the ritual of green grove worked on bushes via YouTube an the forums. So i said to myself "why not exploit that to my advantage?" and figure out a decently efficient mob essence system that will be nerfed somehow!!! ISN'T THAT LOVELY?!?! Anyway, back on topic. So the way it woks is i have a bunch of xp essence farms hooked up to a series of autonomous activators and i made it so that the activators were 10 times more efficient at right clicking by hooking it up to a timer set to its lowest setting. I put a bunch of sewers under it and hooked it up to a tank to show how efficient it is. For some reason the XP to bucket ratio with sewers is SUPER unbalanced in that even a few XP orbs fill it up to 4000MB. Plus the sewers require no power, so that's a plus. So, without further ado, here it is:
T0VhRbR.jpg

5LWff7N.jpg

From my calculation it is sending in about 400mb a second with a large buffer behind it, so with enough fluiducts it could very much be more a second. Though, this build could be done a lot better, so it could be a lot more mob essence for you! Thanks for your time!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Could indeed be done a LOT better; those look like open blocks tanks. And unless there has been a open blocks release I don't have yet for 1.6.4, that's a horrible way to store any fluid, let alone using more then one block to do so!

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Could indeed be done a LOT better; those look like open blocks tanks. And unless there has been a open blocks release I don't have yet for 1.6.4, that's a horrible way to store any fluid, let alone using more then one block to do so!
I tend not to EVER use open blocks tanks, i was tired so they seemed to be the easiest to bulid. I would mush rather use something like railcrat tanks or just straight up tesseracts.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Even at the default 16 buckets/block, I'll use the open blocks tanks sometimes. I like that they keep the liquid when you break them & can fill in odd shapes in & around other things. I think you can set the config up to 64 buckets/block. I'm not up to collecting a bunch of oreberry bushes yet, so I'm settling for a grinder & tank (railcraft steel) at my afk enderman farm. MFR seems to come down on the "op is a good thing" side of the debate, so I'm hoping the xp sewer thing is intended & not a bug exploit.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Even at the default 16 buckets/block, I'll use the open blocks tanks sometimes. I like that they keep the liquid when you break them & can fill in odd shapes in & around other things. I think you can set the config up to 64 buckets/block. I'm not up to collecting a bunch of oreberry bushes yet, so I'm settling for a grinder & tank (railcraft steel) at my afk enderman farm. MFR seems to come down on the "op is a good thing" side of the debate, so I'm hoping the xp sewer thing is intended & not a bug exploit.
the thing is you dont even really need alot of XP bushes to get this going. Its very op in my system and infact SHOULD be downgraded, the sewers cant pick up the orbs fast enough and it becomes a MESS, about 300 entities infact, even 4 berry bushes will sufice

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, what do you have against OpenBlocks tanks? By default they store as much as Railcraft iron tanks (and can be configed even higher, although that's kinda cheating), they keep their liquid and they support arbitrary shapes, which make them easy to move and to arrange interestingly. And like the old Xycraft tanks you can do level-based pumping, unlike RC tanks.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, what do you have against OpenBlocks tanks? By default they store as much as Railcraft iron tanks (and can be configed even higher, although that's kinda cheating), they keep their liquid and they support arbitrary shapes, which make them easy to move and to arrange interestingly. And like the old Xycraft tanks you can do level-based pumping, unlike RC tanks.
They are incredibly laggy for some people

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
They are incredibly laggy for some people
I guess that makes sense, since each block is its own entity. Never noticed any issues with it myself though; I have far more trouble with TE and TC than with that.

Steel RC tanks make more sense for large tanks. So far my biggest OB tank is 3x3x3. But I'm not really trying to make huge stores.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
if only stacked drums could output into eachother :(
I'm also partial to the drums :)

Requires a bit of infrastructure, but if you don't mind pumping from the bottom for usage and separating each drum by a single fluiduct (with servo presumably), you can soooort of stack them.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
How much bushs do you have in there o_O

Edit: Thaumcraft lamp also work on those, even more speed?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
How much bushs do you have in there o_O

Edit: Thaumcraft lamp also work on those, even more speed?
if you had a thaumncraft lamp and a Green Grove ritual, you won't need alot of bushes. my setup is WAY to much of 9 sewer. I would say 5-9 bushes would work for this setup

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
If you have AM2 Add the growth sigils, they work a lot, I filled up 3 steel max sized tanks full of mob essence really quickly

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
If you have AM2 Add the growth sigils, they work a lot, I filled up 3 steel max sized tanks full of mob essence really quickly
the best part about "growing" your mob essence is that you don't need to be near the system like you would if you were using cursed earth

Reactions: PierceSG

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I was saying to add AM2 growth sigils to speed up the producton a lot :p[DOUBLEPOST=1398103667][/DOUBLEPOST]Nvm me im being derpy today, took your statement the wrong way xD

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need that many sewers, just place one in the middle and give it a 1 range upgrade.