missing squid

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
On my sever, there are no squid in the overworld, went out 2k blocks, none, there are a few in the age I made. Anyideas how to get them back.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Is the water deep enough? And are there any mods that may be messing with spawn rates?

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
should not be, there spawn at the start of the world. Is there a way to delete ages, i only made two ages, only use one. I trashed the book, but that does not take off the sever info

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Delete the folder it has in the saves folder. Note that I don't have any idea what it would be named, and if that would fully get rid of it.

Reactions: Ryan Mesure

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Was the server at any time set to peaceful mode? Seen that mess up spawns of squids too for some reason, even after it had been changed back to survival.

CaseyRobinson

Jul 29, 2019
They might be hiding. Try a "/cofh killall squid" in the console and see if they start spawning again.

I might not have that console command exactly right.

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
*Edited for Derp* Sorry, didn't read as closely as I should have. Somewhere in 2k of the Overworld should have been some water at the proper Y level. Nvm.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Also, do you have Ars Magica installed? As in, is your world also filled with Hecates who do nothing but stand around and do nothing? If so, well, there is your problem. Sometimes, for no reason all, Hecates will break. They will spawn at the exclusion of EVERYTHING else. No hostile mobs, no animals, no neutral mobs, only Hecates. In every dimension, too.

Man, THAT was an annoying problem to track down the first time it happened. "Why is nothing spawning?" "Wait, I still have Hecates standing around, I wonder...." /cofh killall *1 thousand Hecates die* everything starts spawning for ten minutes, 1 thousand Hecates spawn, no new spawns "Damnit", chucks Ars Magica, everything goes back to normal.