mineTunes - Ingame mp3 music player

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
This is a quick mod I threw together in 2 days for fun. It plays .mp3 files and loads playlists from folders and .m3u files.

Controls (All Rebindable):
Home:
Open menu
End: Play/Pause
Page Up: Music Volume Up (Ctrl-click acts as Next Song)
Page Down: Music Volume Down (Ctrl-click acts as Previous Song)

Screenshots:
79e086f24b.png

86be5db856.png

Usage:

You can create a playlist by selecting a name and pressing the button in the corner. Selecting a .m3u file crawls it and picks up all .mp3 files it can find. Selecting a folder has it look through it and sub folders for all .mp3 files. Streaming and extended m3u is not suported yet.
You can then select a playlist and double click a song to play it. You can move or disable the HUD and change the play mode (Track, Repeat [Track], Loop [Playlist] and Shuffle) in the options at the top.
Holding Shift + Ctrl enables the developer settings if something breaks, try resetting the thread.

NOTE: The playlist selector appears in a separate window. If your game freezes when you click the "Select Playlist" button, try alt tabbing and seeing if the window is there.

Download
Source Code
Report Bugs Here

Powered by JLayer and mp3agic. I did not test this over extended periods of time. Tell me if something breaks.

Last edited:

Proaxel

Jul 29, 2019
I'll give this a try in my FTB modpack. It seems I have found a possible solution to my depressing MC Music problem!

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
I broke the mod in the first build, it worked fine on eclipse, I swear!
If you crashed, just redownload or make a "mineTunes" folder in your .minecraft. Either will work.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
does this stop minecraft music or do you have to manually silence that?
will this play sound with the minecraft music volume slider at 0?

Rallias

Jul 29, 2019
Have enough mana there?

Also... now I don't have an excuse to have 2 computers on my desk.

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Are you planning to do streaming or to add a radiostation (block or item) to share your music with others? And will this mod have an impact on performance?

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
does this stop minecraft music or do you have to manually silence that?
will this play sound with the minecraft music volume slider at 0?

No, you have to manually silence it, this runs on a separate thread.

Are you planning to do streaming or to add a radiostation (block or item) to share your music with others? And will this mod have an impact on performance?

Streaming isn't supported, but if it is at a point I might. It shouldn't impact performance unless your disk has terrible IO speed, since the mod runs on a separate thread.

FLAC support?

The API I use plays mp3 files. So no, sorry.

Reactions: TDarkShadow

jdog200207

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds pretty good, but don't u think that some of us don't have minecraft for pc, thus is a good idea but think about what might happen to other places pc or game.

Arcaratus

Jul 29, 2019
Nice! Tested it out, and I've got to say (you're going to yell at me for writing this post) it works beautifully in-game. Still, there's just one minor thing for me; since my music is in Japanese, (same for other foreign languages I assume), the title overlapping gets a bit messy: http://imgur.com/FpczNqB --I don't want the post size to be insane; And also later down the line, it'd be awesome if the mod had radio support!

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Nice! Tested it out, and I've got to say (you're going to yell at me for writing this post) it works beautifully in-game. Still, there's just one minor thing for me; since my music is in Japanese, (same for other foreign languages I assume), the title overlapping gets a bit messy: http://imgur.com/FpczNqB --I don't want the post size to be insane; And also later down the line, it'd be awesome if the mod had radio support!

That's actually a vanilla bug. When I'm patching the mod again I'll change it to not use bold text.

XBlack_LeopardX

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure how to add music to it? I read above but i dont get it can someone explain how to get songs to show up in the ingame gui?

EDIT: Nvm figured it out!
Love the mod Vazkii

Last edited: