mineTunes - Ingame mp3 music player

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by Vazkii, Jan 3, 2015.

1. XBlack_LeopardX

XBlack_LeopardX New Member

Im not sure how to add music to it? I read above but i dont get it can someone explain how to get songs to show up in the ingame gui?

EDIT: Nvm figured it out!
    Love the mod Vazkii

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  2. Haighyorkie

Haighyorkie New Member

3. Vazkii

Vazkii New Member

Updated to 1.1-5, removed bold text for people who have languages with the unicode font, fixed the volume buttons derping with the volume display, oh and beats:

TDarkShadow and Yusunoha like this.
  4. MrPeach774

MrPeach774 New Member

Vazkii, can we expect support for other music file types?

5. mrfrostym4n

mrfrostym4n New Member

This... is... AWESOME! I have been wanting this for so long now, thank you Vazkii!

6. Plainy

Plainy New Member

Is it possible to play Flac files?
    I actually dont think I have any MP3's left...

7. Shakumia

Shakumia New Member

Made an account just because of this mod, because it's so awesome I uninstalled foobar2k. I like how easy this is to use, and since I just use shuffle, it's perfect. However, I have one thing I'd like to see in an update.
    [​IMG]
    Placing the bar on the bottom and having a long song name has a funky effect with the toolbar, so I'd like to see an ability to change the size (mostly just horizontal) of the HUD.

Just found out that after save quitting, the title screen still plays the music, and loading the world back up starts a new instance of the player, meaning you can't stop the old one from playing. This fixes itself once the song that was playing ends, but till then you're stuck.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  8. YWZMatt

YWZMatt New Member

Oh Vazkii, you never fail to make awesome stuff.

9. Plainy

Plainy New Member

Going to make the assumption that there still is a process in the back ground running even after quiting out

10. Shakumia

Shakumia New Member

I guess so, and after multiple save-quits, it seems random whether or not it does it.

11. ibitmyeye3

ibitmyeye3 New Member

Feature Request: Pandora support? I hate having to use a separate player in the background.

12. T10a

T10a New Member

Meanwhile, in the Botania dev environment...

13. Vazkii

Vazkii New Member

It's merged on github right now. There's nothing I'm hiding in my computer, at least for botania.

14. T10a

T10a New Member

I know, I was just saying 'meanwhile, while other mod devs use Pandora, iTunes or something for music while coding, Vazkii codes his/her own music player into the game'

15. Arcaratus

Arcaratus New Member

Suggestion: You should add the scrubbing bar (or whatever it's called) so you can change where you are in the track, and a click-able pause/play, and skip buttons.

16. homemmakako

homemmakako New Member

BEST MOD EVER!! (Now I don't have to run "the RAM memory eater" aka Itunes in the background) There is just one little thing that annoys me: if the music's title is to long it takes up the whole screen. Can you change it so the size of the thing is fix and the song's name scrolls? Oh, and even though I am quite sure you don't give a f***, I'd like you to know you are one of my three favorite modders (along with pahinoob and azanor). Keep up the good work :D

17. deaddelgado

deaddelgado New Member

I made an account as well, just to tell you how amazing you are at what you do! My goodness +1 for you madam!

18. AudioCraft Gaming

AudioCraft Gaming New Member

You are a life saver <3!!!! As my name suggests my Minecraft channel runs a modded survival but it incorporates music. However always having a music program open puts, even if minute, a drain on the comp but this mod eliminates most of the third party player. Thank you so much!!!!!!!

19. ArceusFan493

ArceusFan493 New Member

For some reason, when a song finishes playing, it doesn't continue to another song, it just stops. Is this a bug?

20. homemmakako

homemmakako New Member

Is this mod going to be updated for 1.8? I read Something about an update for 1.8 in the source code, but since I'm not a programmer I didn't understand it very well and have no idea whether it is close to done or has been abandoned (as you can see, not only am I a noob at programming but I am also quite stupid and lazy to spend some time trying to understand what is going on)

:D :p (the "I am a cool guy" emoticons, a necessity at the end of every post) :p :D

I don't even know what I am saying

It's late

Gotta catch em all

Update to 1.8