MineTech - The Technical Minecraft Server. ( Whitelist ) ( Semi-Public )( Reliable Server ) (24/7)

• Announcement

Hello, we know that many of you have been asking for the server section to be split into sections so that servers are easier to find so that is exactly what we have done! We are also working on a server listing site to make the listing even better but this is still some time off and so for now this will be used. Current server owners will need to PM Rob if they want to keep their post with the following form completed:

Link to forum post:
    Pack:
    Server type (Whitelist/Greylist/Open):

Hope you like the new layout and if you have any more suggestions please post them in the web feedback forum.

The FTB Team
    P.S Go easy on my inbox :)

dsoud030

Jul 29, 2019
330r31v.png
Hello and Welcome to MineTech's Server Thread
Server IP - Soon to be released.
You can instantly connect, whitelist is down for now for the opening of the server!
Server Forums
Introduction:
Here on MineTech we hope to provide you the best experience you can find on a Feed-The-Best server. Though you may be thinking to yourself, why is this server any different? Well there is many reasons that I could give to you, but I will tell you just a few. We have just purchased a dedicated box to run a few of our servers off, though I have dedicated 8 GB's to just start this server on, though depending on how well it goes I may be able to push it up, seeing is to I have around 60 GB's to spare. Anyhow, the next reason is are admin team unlike other has experience, and though we hope to not have to use our powers, we will if we have to. Currently we own a group of servers, I'll leave the names out of hear, due to advertising purposes, but due to this we have a lot of experience in starting and running a server to its fullest.
A little about the server:
The server idea I have thought of may be a little overused is some ways, but original in others. Through out my experience not many people like to see "new" things, that is why we will keep a lot of the normal ideas. But many as well like the new, and it also sets the server to be something else, and not the same as every other one. I have decided to run the server like any other in the sense of having a hopefully good community where every can help one another if they need it, and build freely. Now for the new, as in many vanilla/bukkit servers you see many of them using plugin's to allow them to create towns. I would like to introduce this into my server, but not push it on the players. You will be able to create and run a town, but if you like to stay free and out of others ways you will not be pushed to join in with the others, but instead will also have your advantages as would a town. Basically the general idea is to give something other then just building things for yourself, and to build something for a community, and also earn your self rewards and ranks with whatever you decide to do.
Technical things:
As I said earlier the server will be ran on its own dedicated server box, so there will be no issues with uptime and such. We currently own a teamspeak server, and I'm working on a website for the server as well. As time moves, and you gain access to the server you will see such things. As for lag, I know that Modded servers tend to make a server box run almost 3x as hard, but this will not be a problem so I hope to keep limiting of items to a minimum for you guys.
Rules:
As for rules, this will not be a hard list to follow.
1. No grieffing of any sort, there will be not tolerance and we will catch you.
2. Mind your manners around others, and treat ones as you wish to be treated to keep issues to a minimum.
3. If you don't like someone stay the hell away from them.
4. If you have any sort of problem, bring it to the attention of and admin/mod instead of going around boasting about it.
5. Cut the bullshit and be mature, I don't need a bunch of idiots running around on the server.
6. Have fun on the server, and try to help others.
7. Don't be a douche
8. As for limiting on items I will try and keep them to a minimum, but we will see soon enough.
9. No nukes, you don't need the damn things.
10. Don't piss the admins off, they have enough to do as it is.
Banned Items:
1. Only 1 quarry per person.
2. No Myst craft ages, I will create them for the server.
3. Avoid Redstone Clocks
4. Nukes
More to be added.
IP to the server - Soon to be released.

Great_Sphinx

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Great_Sphinx
why I want to join: want a good group of people to play with who enjoy make crazy machines as I do.
What sets me apart: lots of experience with mods. I'm well rounded with all mods such as BC, RP2, IC2, and CC
Rate myself as a modded minecraft player: 8.5 (Im no direwolf20) I just am very familar with all the mods
About me: I love modded minecraft I've been playing with mods for almost 9 months and I just want a good group of people to play minecraft with.

TheDoctor

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: RougeAgent
Age (Don't lie, we will find out):14
Why you want to join: to build and have fun(I'm not really a town person though)
What sets you apart: I don't have much to set me apart. I rate myself a 6/10 builder and getting better.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player ( 1-10 and why ): I am familiar with some mods have no idea with others and smart with some(depends on the mod) 6/10
Tell us a little about yourself: I have played minecraft for a year and modded minecraft for 10 months.
I have been banned alot when I first joined because I was with the wrong group and I'm still trying to prove to other people who I have met that I changed. I love to build and have fun.

dsoud030

Jul 29, 2019
Server invites, will begin to go and such once the server is finished. There is some last minute setting up and such still to do. Be patient, you will be happy in the long run.

Mr_PuddingMan

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Mr_PuddingMan
Age (Don't lie, we will find out): 14
Why you want to join: I love the experience of playing on a server with complete strangers.
What sets you apart: Im not your average 14 year old. Im not obnoxious like most 14 year olds. I try my best to get along with everyone. I usually do.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player ( 1-10 and why ): 8, Im not terrible at these mods, Ive had tons of experience but theres always room for improvement.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I like to play FTB in my free time (i have a lot of free time btw) and sometimes I just dont feel like playing. I have lots of fun trying new things. Ive played modded minecraft for about a year now and I love it.

DrEinstienium

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Slimedog007
Age (Don't lie, we will find out): 16
Why you want to join: Just looking for a nice server to play on with friendly community
What sets you apart: I'm mature and trustworthy, I don't really grief or steal anything, even when it is allowed.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player ( 1-10 and why ) 9, I have a lot of experience with mods and with writing/coding them, although I haven't played much with greg tech or bee's yet :p
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to play modded minecraft a lot, and I think it is exciting to share my builds with others and enjoy the company.

NoneSuch

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: NoneSuch
Age (Don't lie, we will find out): 22
Why you want to join: To be a part of a budding community and have fun playing with the mods.
What sets you apart: I like to challenge myself and keep my builds clean. I have a good bit of experience running servers. I'm not looking to be an admin, but if you need help, I'm willing.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player ( 1-10 and why ): 7. I haven't done too much with the new mods or new features of old mods. But I know my way around bees and quantum suits.
Tell us a little about yourself: Graduating from college in December.

Nikolater

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: nikolater
Age (Don't lie, we will find out): 16
Why you want to join: To join a mature server and to have a good community to go along with it.
What sets you apart: I am quite quiet actually but really like to get into communities also I have a terrible imagination for buildings but I have a great mind for logical thinking which is useful for me mostly because I like to make factories.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player ( 1-10 and why ): I would say around an 8.5 since I have made automated factories and have familiarized myself with most mods and know how to use them effectively, but still a few mods I have not mastered yet.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Nikola if you haven't guessed already(I don't speak any other languages though!) and I am an aspiring physicist and love to be in a community and build complicated factories with others I also play some other games arma 2 being one of my favorites in the long run, also I know a lot about computer hardware if you needed any help with that ;D.

Dave

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: gwomark
Age (Don't lie, we will find out): 15
Why you want to join: I just get plain bored playing SSP all the time. I'm looking to be able to build cool machines with other people
What sets you apart: I really like putting my time into builds. I don't care if it takes me hours and hours to figure out how to do what I want, even though I get bored mining somtimes.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player ( 1-10 and why ): I would say 7.5. Once i set up my house and my mine, i can pretty much get anything i need really easily.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an intern at the JPL in Pasadena, and i just love math and science, which is why I'm so interested in FTB. It allows me to expand my creativity with science

dsoud030

Jul 29, 2019
Almost everyone will be given a chance at the server, if you give me reason or any of the admins a reason to remove you, your chance is gone. Were doing our last touches on our brand new server box, needed to do something talking with the server box provider and such.

Linte

Nov 13, 2012
IGN: Linte
Why you want to join: I still haven't settled on any server yet and trying to find a cozy place to hang out and build stuff without having too much restrictions, may it be time or style.
What sets you apart: Don't know what to write exactly. But yeah, I guess I'm pretty much a perfectionist. I'Quite slow when it comes to build things, because most of the time I build, break down, build break down and so on. I value aesthetics higher than functionality but in most cases im pretty proud with the outcome.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player: Honestly im pretty new to a lot of things in FTB. I played Tekkit for a while, with a bunch of Friends but we didnt really used all of the "endgame" mechanics, mostly likely because it didnt fit with our medival- themed world. Completely new for me is Mystcraft. Personally I have no prob in reading up wikis to understand the stuff I don't know yet. All on all I guess it's mediocre (~5 / 10)
Tell us a little about yourself: Hmm, most of the important is already said. Im a quiet chilled player, easy to hang out with. I'm very reasonable when it comes to problems. I have no prob with giving up my time for the server If I see that im welcomed there.
Greetings so far,
Linte

Vexare

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Nicoletagsyou
Age (Don't lie, we will find out): 15
Why you want to join: Because there's no good online servers for FTB so i want to try this one out
What sets you apart: Does it really matter? It's just to join your server, but if you must know, I pretty much don't complain about anything, I don't mind getting blown to bits and starting again.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player ( 1-10 and why ): I'd say around 8, I can function with any mod, the only mod i don't do well is with the mods that are used to make weird machines, I never learned how, it was too confusing i guess, but I have my friend Tyler who can help me out.
Tell us a little about yourself: I enjoy playing minecraft, i will be honest, i read the rules, i understand them now, I guess i cant be myself on the server since theres specific rules restraining me. I enjoy online gaming with my friends, minecraft being one of them, so a small server, well im not sure if its small but a good server would be really nice to play on.

Bob41599

Jul 29, 2019
IGN:Bob41599
Age : almost 15(4 months) Why you want to join:I was playing single player and decided that computer was too slow for it and that it is boring without other people so here I am.
What sets you apart: The thing that sets me apart is my ability with redstone (vanilla and redpower) i can do everything from AND gates to 7 digit combo lock doors.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player: 10 ,because i have played with mods sense 1.7.3 and I will no longer play vanilla happily due to the fact that im now addicted to these mods. :)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a huge gamer and minecraft is my favorite game and tf2 coming into second. I use steam, and i am a dedicated trust worthy person.... (I am not just saying that because this is a white list thing either.) I am also well rounded in java and lua still learning forth so not great at RP2 Comp.
[DOUBLEPOST=1352864630][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a question and this may not be the place but is it here were we can talk about server stuff or some were else please let me know thank you.

SerLizar

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: SerLizar
Age (Don't lie, we will find out): 17
Why you want to join: Simple, it has reasonable rules, you have experience running a server, and it's just starting, I like joining fresh servers
What sets you apart: Well, I'm kind of crazy on efficiency, I love making it so that every single one of my base resources is automated.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player ( 1-10 and why ) I'd say about an 8, I know many mods, and those that I don't know I research them in order to learn to use them as effectively as the ones I already know, also I try to find as many ways of making mods work together as possible.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm a high-school student, love languages and gaming, I like spending my free time just chilling in games, and minecraft is usually ideal.

DragoonPreston

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: dragoonpreston
Why you want to join: I want to join a modern server that's not stuck in 1.2.5, and I just don't like SSP.
What sets you apart: I've been playing MineCraft sense just after before beta came out and useing mods for most of that time.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player ( 1-10 and why ): 7; I've used mods for a long time but there are still things I don't know about them, and some of the new mods in FTB I havnt used very much.
Tell us a little about yourself: I like playing minecraft because it gives me something to do and I can keep coming back to it over and over and still not get bored of it, but I have a bad case of A.D.D. ( I know there's a lot of people that say its not real and the reason for that is it was misdiagnosed more then just about anything ells in the 90's ) so I tend to jump around games a lot. I'm hoping to get my masters in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering when I get enough money to go to School again, and my minors in Physics, Metallurgy, and a few others I don't remember the names for at the moment. I'm good with computers and other tech and hope to open a Electronics repair store at some point. I can't think of anything ells to put here at this point.... Oh i suck at spelling and read a lot. :D
Hope I can get on the server soon​
-Dragoon​

Sacar89

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Sacar
Why I want to join : I've tried to set up a server with mods for me and my pals for a long time - they said they would play, but never really did, instead they play WoW, CoD, LoL and other funky games, while I've stuck with Minecraft waiting for FTB to come out - taking it as an possibility to play together, but they have grown tired of it. I want to join is because I love playing SMP with mods. I love being social with it as well, since the possibility to learn about new ways to use the mods are rather limited alone :3.

What sets me apart : I 'm allways happy. I see no reason not to be, but besides from that I like interacting with people, sharing builds and ideas. I am also very chatty :3.

Rate myself as a modded minecraft player : I'd say a 7 - I've used mods from the day I saw Direwolf20's first IndustrialCraft Mod spotlight. I know my way around all most all the mods, but I'm no expert at using them, allthough I get alot of Ideas what to do, I often need feedback or help from wikis, youtube channels, or IRC to help me out finishing my builds.

A little about myself : I'm danish, live in Luxembourg, and aspiring to be a glassblower. I've spend 3 years at university studying different stuff, from Japanese, and a BscB ( Business stuff ) to IT and productdesign, until I realized, not more that 2 months ago, that my lifelong dream of becoming a glassblower didn't have to be a dream, so I've gone for it, starting in January.
I've lived my life in Luxembourg since I was 9, gone to a school with many nationalities and languages, which has resulted in me liking culture in general, different people with different stories. Besides minecraft I enjoy to watch and play Starcraft 2 for the competitive action, and DayZ for the adrenaline and rush for survival. I tend to "live myself into the game", but that is mostly because I love to enjoy game, but not so much sports. I like watching people do impressive things in everything from football, to tabletennis, but I do not play any sports myself anymore. I have done alot of different sports - all the way from football to archery, until I found stuck with skateboarding for almost 10 years now.
I'm rather handy with hardware for PC's, never really did much in console gaming after my N64 was passed on to my younger brother - even though we (brother and I ) still play though Mario and Majoras Mask every once in a while on it. I love my family, and I like people. Hope this was'nt to long, one word just took the next. Oh, and I'm not ashamed that I'm a Day[9] fanboy :p

Regards

Sacar

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I like the post where you introduce the server, it really makes potential players hang onto the thread. I got a few suggestion:

1. I would like there to be a rule about no looping wires, it is easy to fix. It just cause more calculations and lag for the server.
  2. Post some pictures, people easily hang on to them, a good picture like of the spawn would be a good idea.
  3. Have a spawn building if it is not already made, then follow step 2.
That's pretty much all, good luck with the server. You seem to get a lot of applications, which is cool.

DieKatzeKotzt

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: DuckAlaPress​
Why do you want to join: I am looking for a modded minecraft server for a long time since i don't enjoy single player as much but so far most servers wouldn't support enough mods that I like. Technic Pack servers where out of question so I was waiting for FTB servers to play on. Your server sounds very solid and fun. Also its 24/7 which is quite important for me.​
What sets you apart: Well thats a hard question to answer. As a minecraft player i realy cant tell you. I am a quite good builder, i like my builds as efficiant and aestetic as possible, I enjoy every part of the game and I like to play and build with others.​
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player: I guess 6-7/10. I've been playing the mods for about a year and a half now but I still have to learn a lot. I'm watching direwolf20's videos since season 2 so i guess my passive knowlendge is quite high :D
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 24 years old, a professional chef from Germany, I play some dota2 and lol, watch way too much youtube and I'm a decent guy to be around.​
Well i hope thats enough for now. It would be lovely if you would whitelist me.​
greetings​

thaile4ever

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: thaile4ever
Age (Don't lie, we will find out): 27
Why you want to join: Mainly because I love your rules. It seems like you have a great plan for this server and I want to help you achieve it.
What sets you apart: I'm a laid back kind of guy that enjoys helping people. I tend to have periods where I focus heavily on certain aspects of the different mods, like IC2 agriculture and other times jumping from one thing to another.
Rate yourself as a modded minecraft player ( 1-10 and why ) 7 While I do have a basic understanding of all the mods and how they interact together and in-depth knowledge on certain parts. I can't say that I know all the recipes by heart or all the new additions to the various mods.
Tell us a little about yourself: I Graduated Collage with a BS in Computer Science with a minor in Electrical Engineer and own my own business selling and repairing computers and electronics. I consider myself a jack of all trades when it comes to computers. I'm knowledgeable about java and dabbled in web design with knowledge of php and mysql.