MineFantasy - A quick but comprehensive tutorial.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a bunch. c:
I do it because when I tried to find a guide, all I could find were Spanish people and confusion, although as a more selfish motivation, I do these in the hope that someday someone will do the same so I don't have to.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Sadistical_satan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry about mentioning the the trick's with TE...
If the intention of the Magic Farm pack is to make the game harder by increasing the time needed to craft item's,
Then perhaps we should all add in TerraFirmaCraft as well?

BTW:
TerraFirmaCraft vs. Survivability
Gregtech vs. Technology

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Terrafirmacraft would make 90 percent of the mods in the pack unusable. It's meant to be played alone for a reason. It COMPLETELY rewrites how the terrain etc generate and replaces basically every block that naturally generates with it's own version. For example, to even obtain COBBLESTONE you need to use a vanilla-style cobblestone generator. And pickaxes are so expensive that that would be wasteful. Plus, good luck moving lava around without a bucket.

Reactions: Bagman817

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
If only someone would create an equally as comprehensive guide about several other well known, poorly documented mods. This is a pretty awesome guide, I would have loved to have stumbled across it back when I played MineFantasy. I tried to create a fantasy pack with this mod in it however, at the time it was riddled with problematic bugs. For example, the creator had a divide by zero error nestled into which ever class defined mob health.

If you're going to include MineFantasy in a pack, it cannot be in a pack with tech mods. The whole purpose of MineFantasy is to bring a more medieval/fantasy style of game-play to Minecraft. I found it worked exceptionally well when pared with other magical mods.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
how do you use the runes? I made 2 and can't use them at all.

I'm afraid I can't answer that, I haven't yet figured that out myself. According to AnonymousProductions, the existing rune system sucks. It's planned in the future to have a better, more mystical way.
If only someone would create an equally as comprehensive guide about several other well known, poorly documented mods. This is a pretty awesome guide, I would have loved to have stumbled across it back when I played MineFantasy. I tried to create a fantasy pack with this mod in it however, at the time it was riddled with problematic bugs. For example, the creator had a divide by zero error nestled into which ever class defined mob health.

If you're going to include MineFantasy in a pack, it cannot be in a pack with tech mods. The whole purpose of MineFantasy is to bring a more medieval/fantasy style of game-play to Minecraft. I found it worked exceptionally well when pared with other magical mods.

I take requests for mod guides, so long as I can understand it sufficiently enough and someone hasn't already made a guide that I consider to be a decent quality. This means it's clear, not confusing, comprehensive and doesn't just treat the reader like an idiot.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
So I've tried to give Magic Farm v2.1 a whirl. Hardcore difficulty, first attempt --> baaaarely clung to life until the fishnets were in place, hehe!

But now I'm stuck. I've made a stone bloom, and I have copper and tin. However, I cannot make bronze.

I have tried copper and tin in both ingot and ore form, in 1:1, 2:1 or 3:1 configurations, with coal or charcoal or wood, swapped the slots and everything. The bloom works for smelting a single or to ingot form, but it will not combine copper and tin to bronze no matter what I do. Also, NEI tells me that the only sources for bronze are TE's induction smelter, and cooling down hot bronze. And hot bronze has no recipe.

So what exactly am I doing wrong here? :confused:

The only configs I have changed are TE's (switched the machine recipes to hard mode just because). I'm not loading minor things like Plugins for Forestry or the FlatSigns mod, but that shouldn't affect MineFantasy...?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Welp... odd bug. While testing for valid fuel types, I found out that for some reason, the stone bloom didn't want to smelt anything anymore at all.

Broke the bloom, replaced it. Suddenly everything works fine, including bronze smelting. No idea what happened there...

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
So I've tried to give Magic Farm v2.1 a whirl. Hardcore difficulty, first attempt --> baaaarely clung to life until the fishnets were in place, hehe!

But now I'm stuck. I've made a stone bloom, and I have copper and tin. However, I cannot make bronze.

I have tried copper and tin in both ingot and ore form, in 1:1, 2:1 or 3:1 configurations, with coal or charcoal or wood, swapped the slots and everything. The bloom works for smelting a single or to ingot form, but it will not combine copper and tin to bronze no matter what I do. Also, NEI tells me that the only sources for bronze are TE's induction smelter, and cooling down hot bronze. And hot bronze has no recipe.

So what exactly am I doing wrong here? :confused:

The only configs I have changed are TE's (switched the machine recipes to hard mode just because). I'm not loading minor things like Plugins for Forestry or the FlatSigns mod, but that shouldn't affect MineFantasy...?

If you have the ingots, be sure they are the ingots compatible with MineFantasy. I'm not sure if this is your problem however, but logic tells me MineFantasy wasn't built with other copper/tin using mods in mind -- and there are a lot of them. You can do this by using a forge lexicon and mystical plinth to swap your ingots for those native to the MineFantasy mod.

You should have a setup like this, using coal in the bottom slot.

bronzevj.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1374336095][/DOUBLEPOST]
Welp... odd bug. While testing for valid fuel types, I found out that for some reason, the stone bloom didn't want to smelt anything anymore at all.

Broke the bloom, replaced it. Suddenly everything works fine, including bronze smelting. No idea what happened there...

MineFantasy is still a very young mod. Updates and patches will continue to exist that'll remove these bugs so long as the author knows of them.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I would report it, but unfortunately I've been unable to reproduce it. The bloom has worked perfectly without a hitch ever since replacing it this morning, even when I went through all the things I remember doing after building it the first time. =/

wnightmare

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a question (a dumb one =/).

I downloaded the Magic Farm modpack via the FTB launcher and couldnt find the Mine Fantasy copper ore, so i looked at config files for the mod. it was as follow:

####################
# minefantasy ore generation
####################

"minefantasy ore generation" {
B:"Allow Pickpocket"=false
B:"Generate Copper Ore"=false
B:"Generate Hidden Ore"=false
B:"Generate Limestone Cavern"=true
B:"Generate Mithril Ore"=true
B:"Generate Silver Ore"=false
B:"Generate Tin Ore"=false
}

Is that the right way to use, or do i have to set the ores to true and start a new world?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a question (a dumb one =/).

I downloaded the Magic Farm modpack via the FTB launcher and couldnt find the Mine Fantasy copper ore, so i looked at config files for the mod. it was as follow:

####################
# minefantasy ore generation
####################

"minefantasy ore generation" {
B:"Allow Pickpocket"=false
B:"Generate Copper Ore"=false
B:"Generate Hidden Ore"=false
B:"Generate Limestone Cavern"=true
B:"Generate Mithril Ore"=true
B:"Generate Silver Ore"=false
B:"Generate Tin Ore"=false
}

Is that the right way to use, or do i have to set the ores to true and start a new world?

Thermal Expansion copper spawns and works fine.

Reactions: Succubism

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
ok runes. actually laughed at my ignorance. you Right click. and crash half the time. but you can enchant stuff that way. :)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Just as a side note to those who are wondering;
Sorry it's taking so long, but the guide will get completed. When? Eventually.
I'm just doing other things right now at the same time.

I'm looking after a livestream of my own
Other help threads of mine, for example Thaumic Tinkerer, which needs to be researched from scratch because of it's new additions. Blegh.
Then I'm compiling a sphax texture pack for Unleashed and possibly unhinged from scratch for 64x and 128x with WIP packs that aren't exactly optimized for drag+drop into a folder and need to be positioned correctly.

And then I got IRL stuff to take care off.
A girlfriend -- which between you and me, may soon be fiance. (with any luck)
Work, funeral arrangements for a family member who passed away recently which I'd rather not talk about further than that.

So it may take a little bit.

In the mean time, I welcome anyone else to add their own information or even take over and do this on their own if I'm not being quick enough.
No hard feelings, promise.
Thanks for understanding.

Skyhouse71

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion copper spawns and works fine.

Is this in the new version? I just recently installed the pack and was playing on it but couldn't make any of the copper tools. Looking at the "toomanyitems" list it looks like there are 3 different copper blocks. I was smelting what I would consider the "normal" copper block, got copper ingots, but couldn't do anything with them.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Terrafirmacraft would make 90 percent of the mods in the pack unusable. It's meant to be played alone for a reason. It COMPLETELY rewrites how the terrain etc generate and replaces basically every block that naturally generates with it's own version. For example, to even obtain COBBLESTONE you need to use a vanilla-style cobblestone generator. And pickaxes are so expensive that that would be wasteful. Plus, good luck moving lava around without a bucket.

This. Think of TFC as a Total Conversion, rather than a mod. Really the only thing I think makes sense to add would be a mini-map and maybe NEI (if you can find a version that works) MineFantasy borrows a lot of the same ideas as TFC, but goes it's own way, which is fine. If you find yourself liking MineFantasy and want a deeper "Mine" experience and don't mind giving up the "Fantasy" bit, I'd encourage you to give TFC a try.