Minefactory Reloaded and Soul Shards

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
For extra points, hook this up to an Ars Magica dark node. Proceed to collect unlimited metal resources.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
I love AM. :D

Ideas in my head for using MFR/Soul Shards dropping into range of a dark node. Endless essence! Combo with various tricks of the magic fabricator and in a way, you achieve infinity. :eek:

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Also I have a bitter hatred of Ars Magica, the only way I will ever include it in a pack is if my sister really wants it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Well I simply hate Ars Magica so much that it wrecks everything.

Yeah but what, specifically, about it bothers you? Because from my perspective it seems to be a really delightful mod. It has a personal progression system and magic and a pretty cool (and downright novel, which is rare these days) power system. It has some very cool open endgame mechanics, some good collaboration stuff, some outright fun entities, solid worldgen. He was doing the area power transmission before Soaryn ever published.

You can say, "Because I hate it!" but this doesn't look like you're actually talking to us. Because I have talked to you a bunch, and you don't sound like the kind of person to be trolling us or holding on to a snap judgment because you hate admitting you're wrong. So there's gotta be an actual reason, right?

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh*

Whilst hate may be a strong word, I used Ars Magica quite a bit, and the lag on start-up, the annoying dark wizards instantly wrecking you in a few seconds, and I did quite like the world gen. Also other rather annoying tidbits. One of which was the lack of documentation.

However the biggest was probably the fact my version was outdated so..

I'm probably wrong.

Also it broke my world once, but eh.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Now if only Arsbro wasn't such a damn pill about modpack inclusion. People who say, "I won't no matter what" piss me off.

xBTx

Jul 29, 2019
BTW you should make a "KirinDave is the best guy to ask about mods, ask me."

Off topic, but related to the quote: What do you think about Dimensional Doors Kirin? I was playing with it for the first time last night, and it creeps the hell out of me. Lol

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Off topic, but related to the quote: What do you think about Dimensional Doors Kirin? I was playing with it for the first time last night, and it creeps the hell out of me. Lol
Dimensional Doors are fucking awesome. Especially the dungeons.