1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mid-ish game power storage in Revelations?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by malicious_bloke, Jan 13, 2018.

1. malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke Over-Achiever

So, besides a brief excursion into 1.10 packs, I spent an age playing 1.7.10 packs so I had a pretty clear route through the tiers of TE energy cells until getting a stack of Resonant ones, which were enough to tide me over until I could get a Draconic Evolution sphere thingy set up.

In my dabblings with 1.10, I spotted that TE had killeded the higher tier energy cells, so I switched to EnderIO capacitor banks as my scalable battieries of choice.

Now 1.12 doesn't yet have EnderIO, so i'm at a bit of a loose end. I really can't be bothered to spam thousands of standard TE energy cells, there's got to be a better option, surely? I mean, I could just add Mekanism I guess?

2. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

The energy cells can be upgraded with the Kits in the same way as machines can - and they can be enchanted with Holding too!

Pyure likes this.
  3. malicious_bloke

I...had no idea. This actually makes a bizarre amount of sense lol. Ta muchly!

GamerwithnoGame likes this.
  4. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

You are more than welcome :) I really like the way it’s been done in this version; energy cells, caches, and... satchels, I think they’re called? All can have Holding at various levels. And, the Arcane Ensorcellator can create books of Holding with their liquid XP variant, books, power and (iirc) Chests.

5. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

As well the Portable Tank can have holding, as can the brand new, brilliant Reservoir. (A multiple capacity bucket.)

6. malicious_bloke

Sounds delightful!

Now all we have to do is nag until the tesseract comes back and the mod is perfect :3

Even an upgradeable one that wasn't transdimensional until you hit Resonant tier would do me at this point. I can get by with ender tanks and ender chests but without a tesseract or the EnderIO interdimensional transceiver thingummy, I can't start strip-mining Aroma's mining dimension.

*jonesing badly*

7. Plainy

Plainy New Member

RFTools Power Cells, there are multiple tiers cheapest one holds atleast 1 mil, they can be linked with Powercell cards.
    they will work across dimensions no issue, they can also act as a multi block when properly linked together.

Inaeo and malicious_bloke like this.
  8. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

Just pump your fluid fuel of choice through Ender Tanks.

9. malicious_bloke

[​IMG]

That would also work, it is a bit extraneous when I've already sunk a bunch of resources into a nice powerful reactor though.

GamerwithnoGame likes this.