MFFS Classic vs MFFS V.3

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which MFFS do you think is better?

• Total voters

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be impractical to include all three versions? That would give people choice to use whatever version they want.
No, because Advanced Repulsion system is pointless, and MFFS 3 and MFFS Classic are incompatible.[DOUBLEPOST=1369867050][/DOUBLEPOST]
As good of a idea as it is... Technically yes. As in, it's impossible. Currently, anyway.

You see both Cals version and the "classic" version have the same internal file name. And due to this you can't add them both because Forge prevents you from adding more the one version of a mod to your install. This is intended to prevent idiotic crashes which would be hard to track(I think) but it prevents the two mods from being used together.
If either one of them changed the internal file name for the mod then you can.

As for which version I use? Cal's version. Why? Because I hate searching for limited resources to power a power intensive device.

That being said, what was that about using a Compact Cell to run the system off of EU?
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=111260&highlight=#post111260

zerotheliger

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno what you guys are talking about the "classic verson" doesn't have near the customizablility of the new version and its so much easier to get people cleared to getting into a force field area the other one you Had you have the card in your inventory at all times. the other is the way you can bend the force field. And now you dont need to worry about getting ore to run it. more realistic to just plug it into a power source. He's done more additions to the mod in a few months than the other has done in a year. Honestly he should be the one to keep the MFFS Name. The other should just stay MFFS Classic. (All in my opinion.)

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
V3 all the way. It's prettier, no forceium <sp?> required, and it just seems like something I'd use now as opposed to the classic version.

Reactions: Poppycocks

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Appears to be a small bug when using EnderChest mod, the new version by Calc requires a vanilla enderchest in its crafting, which is disabled and replaced by EnderChest mod.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't matter, I've found thus far that EnderChests, both ChickenBones and Vanilla, are registered in the Ore Dictionary - so if Cal has written his recipe right, it'll use either.