Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, aidancbrady here. I decided to attempt to make a video describing some of the latest features included in Mekanism, specifically the Logistical Transporters. These are my version of item transport pipes, and function very similarly to how RP tubes once did. Feel free to leave feedback, I am currently implementing nearly all community-driven feature requests.

-aidancbrady

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap, this is just brilliant. There's nothing else to say here. It's just amazing.

I do worry though that we may have some potential conflict between your pipes and TE's new Itemducts. Not conflict as in one vastly out shining the other (if standard trends follow, Mek pipes will be more expensive but faster/smarter and TE pipes will be cheaper and more compact but slower), but conflict as in people are gonna end up using the pipe of whatever mod they started with. Then again I guess you could've said that about AE and LP and now they can run off each other.

But I digress. I personally look forward to the return of my favorite pipe mechanics in one of my new favorite mods.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
I do worry though that we may have some potential conflict between your pipes and TE's new Itemducts. Not conflict as in one vastly out shining the other (if standard trends follow, Mek pipes will be more expensive but faster/smarter and TE pipes will be cheaper and more compact but slower), but conflict as in people are gonna end up using the pipe of whatever mod they started with. Then again I guess you could've said that about AE and LP and now they can run off each other.

I'm not sure about the "smarter" part. TE item ducts seem to be designed with efficiency in mind as they have no real case that would leave items 'spit out' or cycling though the system, as well as having the built-in addition of round-robin functionality.

That being said, I like what I see here. I always like to see more item transport options, especially when they differ. Gives greater variety. I look for ward to seeing how it matures.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
it looks great so far.
but can we expect RP2`s manager functionality i.e. inventory supply with set quantity of items?
what about splitting items between few inventories with set proportion? i didn't quite get this part from video.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure about the "smarter" part. TE item ducts seem to be designed with efficiency in mind as they have no real case that would leave items 'spit out' or cycling though the system, as well as having the built-in addition of round-robin functionality.

That being said, I like what I see here. I always like to see more item transport options, especially when they differ. Gives greater variety. I look for ward to seeing how it matures.
Wait wait wait, thermal expansion updated? and added item pipes already?

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Gosh, i need to keep up more.

Well, i guess it's time to start playing modded Minecraft again ;)

*cough* erm, do you, by chance, have a link? looked all over and couldn't find anything.

Afaik there isn't a released version yet, but it is in development. With rather sexy teasers showing up occasionally and it should be available soon.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Afaik there isn't a released version yet, but it is in development. With rather sexy teasers showing up occasionally and it should be available soon.
Alright, you guys are confusing me now.

Unless i misread someone's post along the line...

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
In the video that aidan linked, at the very end he said (I think that is him?) That he will not be releasing it yet and will be adding more functionality to the piping system (iirc).
I'm looking forward to it.

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
If you haven't seen the second video, here it is:

...and here's the third:

Please give input :)

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't exactly approve of the buildcraft-esque textures... but the system looks very useful. I can see myself using it in place of buildcraft.

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't exactly approve of the buildcraft-esque textures... but the system looks very useful. I can see myself using it in place of buildcraft.

Note that these textures are my own (edit: crude textures), and will most likely be redone by my artist.

Reactions: fredrodregus

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Please do make a great sorting system for low and mid tier so I can remove BC and it's other related mods.

With the new TE and UE, I believe what I would love to play with.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Note that these textures are my own (edit: crude textures), and will most likely be redone by my artist.

Oh yay! I already got disappointed by project red's textures. For the record they actually look pretty good. Just too much like buildcraft's for my taste.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Er, crude? I'm terrified to see what your artist will create then. :p These are already way better than anything that AE, RP2 or BC has come up with. Specifically the color scheme is really nice.

Three questions (don't get me wrong these things are frikin' amazing):
-How many colors are there to sort with? The normal 16?
-How expensive are the pipes/sorters?
-Is there any possibility of a Round-Robin pipe or sorter mode?