mean concussion creeper

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

backwardsyarn

Jul 29, 2019
HI, So i was mining at around y=13/12 and a concussion creeper teleported me out of the world, I dont know what happened to my gravestone or whatever but is there any way to get stuff back? thx btw this was on ftb infinity

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, as long as it takes for void damage to kill you, you could never get to your gravestone if there were one. If I remember correctly, void damage can kill even creative players. I remember back in 1.5, my brother talked about super powerful regen with some expensive armor, but that low in the void all entities get deleted. Unfortunately, your stuff is impossible to retrieve even in modded minecraft.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Unfortunately, as long as it takes for void damage to kill you, you could never get to your gravestone if there were one. If I remember correctly, void damage can kill even creative players. I remember back in 1.5, my brother talked about super powerful regen with some expensive armor, but that low in the void all entities get deleted. Unfortunately, your stuff is impossible to retrieve even in modded minecraft.
That's the saddest thing I have read all day.

Reactions: asb3pe and mattp_12

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, speaking completely theoretically here. If the gravestone were above y=-64, the point where all entities are destroyed, and you knew its location, then you could (theoretically) use Modular Force Field system to teleport the gravestone block above the bedrock layer. Unfortunately, MFFS is the only mod I know of that could remotely teleport things, but it's not in Infinity.

Reactions: Psychicash

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
In your world/data folder you should have a file looking like this: inventory-mc_crab-2015-02-19_19.09.11-death-0.dat You can then use /ob_inventory restore to get your items back.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
HI, So i was mining at around y=13/12 and a concussion creeper teleported me out of the world, I dont know what happened to my gravestone or whatever but is there any way to get stuff back? thx btw this was on ftb infinity

And this is why (a) I prefer to play SSP, single player, offline, in my own world, and (b) I am so religious about copying my "saves" folder to a backup location at regular intervals, and always before I do something risky.

Right now I play on someone else's server, so I have no control if something like this were to happen. And that scares me, the thought of losing all your hard work to a glitch is almost too much to bear. Sorry it happened to you, bud.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
One thing that I did not see mentioned is that a Void Sigil (I think that's the correct sigil) in Bound Armour will allow you to survive void damage. There may be a standard "kill all" zone it won't protect you from, but that can be used to retrieve things if needed.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that I did not see mentioned is that a Void Sigil (I think that's the correct sigil) in Bound Armour will allow you to survive void damage. There may be a standard "kill all" zone it won't protect you from, but that can be used to retrieve things if needed.

The Minecraft wiki said:
Falling into the Void past Y=-64 causes the player's health to be depleted by about 4 ( ) every half second, leading to the player's death in around 3 seconds. Armor does not protect you from dying in the Void, and death always occurs at Y=-199.10. However, if status effects are used the death level alters only slightly. After this, if the player does not press any buttons, they will usually fall until somewhere below Y=-256, with this number varying on each death. If commands are used to make the player invincible or give them infinite health, they will fall until Minecraft crashes

I also found THIS if anyone wants a good read. According to this guys calculations, a minecraft character falls 90 blocks in 2.57 seconds. This means that from the time you reach y=-64 and the void starts dealing damage, you will fall ~90 blocks before death. This means that any items you drop when you die will spawn at around y=-154. The void also deals damage to items, which according to the table on the minecraft wiki's Entity page have 2.5 hearts of health meaning that they die one second after you do. The minecraft entities page also shows the stats on entity fall speeds and terminal velocities.

Reactions: Padfoote

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
There cannot be any blocks beneath y=0 so no gravestones.
I doubt Minecraft would crash any time soon when you fall...remember the "far lands" ? At beyond x/z=12 million strange things would happen (and still do, decreased precision of floating point numbers) but the game survived it.

alfblack

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the latest Direwolf pack and this has happened to me the 2nd time. Enough is enough! I think this is a bug and it is seriously irritating. I dont want to play in peaceful so I have disabled these telecreepers in the xml config file.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the latest Direwolf pack and this has happened to me the 2nd time. Enough is enough! I think this is a bug and it is seriously irritating. I dont want to play in peaceful so I have disabled these telecreepers in the xml config file.
It's not a bug... The creepers are coded so that when they "explode" they don't destroy stuff, but teleport you. Yes they are annoying, but no it isn't a bug

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
if you're going to use console commands to restore your inventory you may as well just use the vanilla keepInventory rule to prevent silly losses in the first place...

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
if you're going to use console commands to restore your inventory you may as well just use the vanilla keepInventory rule to prevent silly losses in the first place...
Or you could accept that there are circumstances that might exist outside of the 'oops, I fell in lava because I'm a dummy' problems. If this was something that was considered enough of a bug to have been coded around, then it might fall into an extenuating circumstances clause